Majorjim's stock craft repository

3 hours ago, KerbonautInTraining said:

I tested the LLRV in 1.1, is the TWR supposed to be around 1.03 or so? It takes ages to lift off. (Easily remedied by removing fuel)

Also, what's up with the sepatrons in the very back? Ballast?

Hey man,

Thanks for testing it! Yeah the TWR was supposed to be quite low at first, and yeah if it's too slow to get going for you then go ahead and remove some fuel. It is a training craft like the real one, you use the RCS to control and accent the main engine thrust. 

Yup, those are there as they fit in that space and they balance the craft as 'ballast'.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, TheJangleMan said:

Dude, that Land Rover V-8 is badass! I wish I could make a car like that... *looks at his very long plane that doesnt work with like 20 wheels*

Cheers mate, its quite a old build and I have improved a bit since then as have others. There are some better examples of jeep type craft around now me thinks. I should have another go at some detailed rovers soon but I am focusing on only one project at the moment in KSP.

1 minute ago, Majorjim said:

Cheers mate, its quite a old build and I have improved a bit since then as have others. There are some better examples of jeep type craft around now me thinks. I should have another go at some detailed rovers soon but I am focusing on only one project at the moment in KSP.

yeah, I'd really like to see how you do now :P I use rovers and roadsters for vehicle parts in-game, but... My designs are too long D:

Edited by TheJangleMan

yeah, I'd really like to see how you do now :P I use rovers and roadsters for vehicle parts in-game, but... My designs are too long D:

Do you have a link to some of your craft? I would like to see what you have.

4 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

Do you have a link to some of your craft? I would like to see what you have.

well, My computer got a virus and I had to reinstall windows some time ago(it caused me to take a break of KSP because I lost so much, even a dyson sphere for kerbin!) so, heres what I'm working on atm: 6917568fae66c708f8ed4d308babb3a2.png0b2aa5a3c1dca66da0d27082e2f29284.png It doesnt drive :/ too heavy

Edited by TheJangleMan

well, My computer got a virus and I had to reinstall windows some time ago(it caused me to take a break of KSP because I lost so much, even a dyson sphere for kerbin!) so, heres what I'm working on atm: 6917568fae66c708f8ed4d308babb3a2.pngIt doesnt drive :/ too heavy

It looks very detailed! Are those procedural parts?

Edited by Majorjim

Oh wait, the wheels for that mod dont work in 1.1 Derp and I forgot to turn the engine on

1 minute ago, Majorjim said:

It looks very detailed! Are those procedural parts?

well, I got a portion of the parts from the mod "Rovers and Roadsters"  and I'm not quite sure about the procedural part thing, lol. the mod is supposidly not updated for 1.1, but everything except the wheels work in it :D 

Also, I'm working on a planet mod, but, like, I cant seem to find decent sized parts to be able to fly to the planets in like career mode (even with mods! D:) maybe you can consider makin' some parts for that?(you dont have to, its just an afterthought) The planets are extremely far apart too, so, :/ (I know the interstellar mod thingy will work, but those parts are considered cheating in MY book)

Oh wait, the wheels for that mod dont work in 1.1 Derp and I forgot to turn the engine on

well, I got a portion of the parts from the mod "Rovers and Roadsters"  and I'm not quite sure about the procedural part thing, lol. the mod is supposidly not updated for 1.1, but everything except the wheels work in it :D 

Yeah wheels are a bit of a WIP in 1.1. If those parts are not procedural as in shapes any way you like, you did an amazing job with it! There is such simple pleasures to be had from driving a rover around!

The wheels in the pic look sunken, is that taken in 1.1? You may like to try moving them away from other parts as clipping wheels will now deactivate them. You can also try editing these settings in the KSP settings.cfg file:

WHEEL_CLIP_OFFSET = 0

WHEEL_CLIP_RANGE = 1

WHEEL_CLIP_MULTIPLIER = 1.05

Try changing them to:

Offset: 0.5

Range: 0.5

Multiplier: 1.1

Just save the file before you edit it. This will reduce the size of the area that causes wheel deactivation but may induce phantom forces.

Just now, Majorjim said:

Yeah wheels are a bit of a WIP in 1.1. If those parts are not procedural as in shapes any way you like, you did an amazing job with it! There is such simple pleasures to be had from driving a rover around!

The wheels in the pic look sunken, is that taken in 1.1? You may like to try moving them away from other parts as clipping wheels will now deactivate them. You can also try editing these settings in the KSP settings.cfg file:

WHEEL_CLIP_OFFSET = 0

WHEEL_CLIP_RANGE = 1

WHEEL_CLIP_MULTIPLIER = 1.05

Try changing them to:

Offset: 0.5

Range: 0.5

Multiplier: 1.1

Just save the file before you edit it. This will reduce the size of the area that causes wheel deactivation but may induce phantom forces.

Oh!! I never knew the wheels deactivate when clipping... dangit, now I can't rebuild a lot of my cool designs! (I had an epic plane with hidden wheels that stuck out at the bottom, and then plates covering the wheels, it was really cool!

25 minutes ago, TheJangleMan said:

Oh!! I never knew the wheels deactivate when clipping... dangit, now I can't rebuild a lot of my cool designs! (I had an epic plane with hidden wheels that stuck out at the bottom, and then plates covering the wheels, it was really cool!

It is a temporary fix for some odd wheel behaviour. It will at some point be fixed though, no time frame given. We just have to work around it for now. 

Just now, Majorjim said:

It is a temporary fix for some odd wheel behaviour. It will at some point be fixed though, no time frame given. We just have to work around it for now. 

ah, also, I'm almost done with my rover :P I'll show you a pic of it when It's done

4 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

That's ma boy! :D Good work mate, it really looks great.

:P  did ya see my new profile pic and title? 

great easter egg would be making this a pachinko table: https://i.gyazo.com/fab727d4c7203bbd1b4854bf07957e1d.png
Uh, what the heck is up with this text :o

:P  did ya see my new profile pic and title? 

I did indeed! I wasn't sure if it was my imagination of not! All hail the master of ball rolling! :D

What is that ball rolling through??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.