[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

Thanks guys :)

I have to mention, unfortunately alternate textures are not available yet (pesky .MBM format).

I'll try and get them up soon. That being said, JohnWayne1930's config may still work if you have the old .TGAs in the right place (haven't had chance to test yet...).

Looked at it at this second, made a quick temporary texture-name related fix.

Should work if the "old" alternate textures are still in place.

Beale, can you check one tricky idea with doors: try to split hatch from part, and make them standalone models (and hatch transform too). Then, in part config we can make parts with (and without) the hatches.

Possible config

PART
{
name = somecoolpartwithhatch

// Use cool part model
MODEL
{
model = ..../mainpartmodel
}

// Placing hatch on it
MODEL
{
model = .../hatchmodel
position = ....
scale = ...
rotation = ...
}
}

And second question: why do you use .MBM's?

Edited by Lexx Thai

Beale, can you check one tricky idea with doors: try to split hatch from part, and make them standalone models (and hatch transform too). Then, in part config we can make parts with (and without) the hatches.

Possible config

PART
{
name = somecoolpartwithhatch

// Use cool part model
MODEL
{
model = ..../mainpartmodel
}

// Placing hatch on it
MODEL
{
model = .../hatchmodel
position = ....
scale = ...
rotation = ...
}
}

And second question: why do you use .MBM's?

0.25 has broken .TGAs, so I am forced to switch to .MBMs, sorry :(

As for Hatches, this is already the case. The Hatch has the transform "Generic_Door_A" I believe.

Edited by Beale

As for Hatches, this is already the case. The Hatch has the transform "Generic_Door_A" I believe.

Oh nuts. .TGA files no longer work? Can you point me in the direction for more info on that? I have mods of my own I'm working on, and that issue affects them.

Thanks for your help and for such a lovely mod. :)

Oh nuts. .TGA files no longer work? Can you point me in the direction for more info on that? I have mods of my own I'm working on, and that issue affects them.

Thanks for your help and for such a lovely mod. :)

Have a quick read-through of this thread. It's about PNGs but all the issues with TGA are discussed as well.

Bad Squad, bad! It happens in every new version!

I know that. But I meant a possibility to do a part without hatches (except for capsules and locks). "Salute" was not designed for EVA.

Until fixes in TGA loading, I should forget about the Alnair repainting. :(

Edited by Lexx Thai

congratz beale for such a fast update ! will download it soon :)

Well, it was probably so fast because all he had to do is import them into the new unity, then export them.

Oh nuts. .TGA files no longer work?

TGAs still work. They are just a little buggy. I have a command pod that the first time I booted up KSP, it was snow white. After that it looked fine.

Thanks for update, Beale!

I know that. But I meant a possibility to do a part without hatches (except for capsules and locks). "Salute" was not designed for EVA.

If you'll do a part that has crew space but no hatches, yo won't be able to move them around at all, since stock crew transfer uses hatches.

Some mod (KM Special, I believe) implemented wet workshops (i.e. strap a hatch and windows to the fuel tank, empty it, and then use it as a station), but it was done via custom plugin.

Bad Squad, bad! It happens in every new version!

Until fixes in TGA loading, I should forget about the Alnair repainting. :(

I'll look into it. With the new crew transfer system I have a bit of an interest in hatch-less parts...

Here's a thread.

Sorry about the textures, yeah, it sucks :(

I always enjoy seeing what you've come up with next. This is a really well-done mod and I hope we'll see more.

Thanks! :)

I should expect the next thing I finish is new Tantares IVA / Fuji Orbiter Remake / Priorda Dish, all are in various states of completion...

Quick turnaround! Thanks Beale!

No problemo! :)

Well, it was probably so fast because all he had to do is import them into the new unity, then export them.

Uh... No.

Go back and read the release notes. That was a bucket load of work (Around eight hours).

TGAs still work. They are just a little buggy. I have a command pod that the first time I booted up KSP, it was snow white. After that it looked fine.

They don't work, about 1 in 20 .TGA textures fail to load for me, that would be unacceptable for release.

Edited by Beale

Well, I guess some work and some don't. Trial and error.

Nope, the loading failure is random, sometimes the asset loader will correctly load a .TGA and sometimes that same .TGA will fail to load. There isn't a way for me to fix it.

Hey Beale! Sorry if i'm just reposting another comment but because you changed over to .mbm structure, is there any chance you're gonna do the same for the Alt textures? I really liked the lighter ALV specifically because of how well it matches Procedural Fairings :)

Anyways great work with this mod and all your content! Can't wait to see what you make next!

Keep it cool :cool:

Hey Beale! Sorry if i'm just reposting another comment but because you changed over to .mbm structure, is there any chance you're gonna do the same for the Alt textures? I really liked the lighter ALV specifically because of how well it matches Procedural Fairings :)

Anyways great work with this mod and all your content! Can't wait to see what you make next!

Keep it cool :cool:

Hi!

Sure, the ALT textures will come, but they now take a little longer due to requiring a unity export. :)

Edit: I mean like, tomorrow, hopefully.

Nope, the loading failure is random, sometimes the asset loader will correctly load a .TGA and sometimes that same .TGA will fail to load. There isn't a way for me to fix it.

Oh. Well I didn't know that. Well, I guess until Squad fixes this, .mbms is the way to go.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I've scanned back several pages and didn't find and mention:

The RT2 integration is *greatly* appreciated, but the Tantares Pack antennae are all rather overpowered compared to RT stock antennae. The Tantares antennae generally have 2-4x the range with 10x lower energy usage. I'm in love with the design of them, but I'm having to stick 6-8 of them around my craft to properly scale up the EC usage. c: I realize it's a simple tweak in the .cfg but that will get overwritten with every pack update, and doesn't fix it for the casual RT player that doesn't realize he's getting a bargain with the Tantares antennae.

Thanks, love the mod!

I just found a bug. I was trying to dock my LK to my LOK and I was using the kontact to dock with the tantares female port. Then things got weird. When I got within magnet range of the two, the kontact went into the thing then came out, then it started going in and out, and wouldn't dock. I have to say, it is one of the weirdest glitches I've seen that's not in danny2462's videos.

Thanks so very, very much for updating the textures so quickly. The same set of (very few) mods I was using in 0.24 at about 3.3GBs suddenly needed 3.8GBs (unplayable) in 0.25, and TGAs/PNGs being so bloated accounts for 90% of that increase. Back down to a manageable 3.2GBs now even with your full mod pack, which is comfortable. You've restored my sanity, perhaps at the cost of your own. ;)

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned yet, I've scanned back several pages and didn't find and mention:

The RT2 integration is *greatly* appreciated, but the Tantares Pack antennae are all rather overpowered compared to RT stock antennae. The Tantares antennae generally have 2-4x the range with 10x lower energy usage. I'm in love with the design of them, but I'm having to stick 6-8 of them around my craft to properly scale up the EC usage. c: I realize it's a simple tweak in the .cfg but that will get overwritten with every pack update, and doesn't fix it for the casual RT player that doesn't realize he's getting a bargain with the Tantares antennae.

Thanks, love the mod!

Hi! Thanks for the feedback :)

Well, I agree with you, to be honest, it's just that nobody has ever really complained about it and I like the slightly "cheaty" antennae.

I'll balance them I think, the Vega Antenna will still stay in the 10Mm range, but withdraw a lot more power.

The Tantares Antenna is very powerful though, I'll probably nerf that quite a bit.

Thanks so very, very much for updating the textures so quickly. The same set of (very few) mods I was using in 0.24 at about 3.3GBs suddenly needed 3.8GBs (unplayable) in 0.25, and TGAs/PNGs being so bloated accounts for 90% of that increase. Back down to a manageable 3.2GBs now even with your full mod pack, which is comfortable. You've restored my sanity, perhaps at the cost of your own. ;)

MBMs should use less memory :) This is good to hear.

I just found a bug. I was trying to dock my LK to my LOK and I was using the kontact to dock with the tantares female port. Then things got weird. When I got within magnet range of the two, the kontact went into the thing then came out, then it started going in and out, and wouldn't dock.

Could you get a screenshot?

I don't know if somebody already proposed it, but what do you think of the integration of the ModuleScienceLab to one of the Salyut part ? Especially as Salyut station were used for research purpose.

I propose that as result from the discussion with another player (Vahal) who wished for a Tantares reprocessing lab.

Hello i have a small problem with the parachute.It works but it's upside down.I'm using the mod Realchute.

I know i've seen this problem mentioned before but the search feature it's useless.

Can someone help me?Thanks.

Hi' date=' you need to add:

MODULE
{
name = ProceduralChute
textureLibrary = StockReplacement
currentCanopies = Main chute
}

To RealChutes Tantares config.

Hope this helps :)

I'll see if I can have the config included with realchutes changed .

I don't know if somebody already proposed it, but what do you think of the integration of the ModuleScienceLab to one of the Salyut part ? Especially as Salyut station were used for research purpose.

I propose that as result from the discussion with another player (Vahal) who wished for a Tantares reprocessing lab.

Did I not do that already? Oops...

Erm yeah, it would be great to have the larger Salyut module a processing lab. I'll probably be able to sort that out soon :) .