[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

How about something more... LK-like? For example, a small fuel tank fitted for the LK pod, an engine and a "fairing ring" of sorts, that would attach to the engine, but mostly extend above the lander. It'd allow the legs to be attached to it, then jettisoned on liftoff.

How about something more... LK-like? For example, a small fuel tank fitted for the LK pod, an engine and a "fairing ring" of sorts, that would attach to the engine, but mostly extend above the lander. It'd allow the legs to be attached to it, then jettisoned on liftoff.

Hi!

This is a good idea, worth considering...

There might be difficulties in that Fairings cannot have proper collision and attachment points (I think), but I'll look into it!

Edit: Another issue with this actually, I like to keep the parts as multi-purpose as possible, and this would constrain that a bit... Still, to achieve the real multi-staged LK would be good.

Edited by Beale

Hey Beale, remember that static kerbtown Mun launchpad you made? Would it be too much trouble to put one on Minmus? I know you're busy with a lot of stuff, and it's totally fine if you don't want to, I'm saying it would be really cool is all. Love your mods, they look great. Thanks!

Hey Beale, remember that static kerbtown Mun launchpad you made? Would it be too much trouble to put one on Minmus? I know you're busy with a lot of stuff, and it's totally fine if you don't want to, I'm saying it would be really cool is all. Love your mods, they look great. Thanks!

Haha! That is a blast from the past!

But sure, I will. I'll update them soon as I can :)

On a side note, I have been messing around with a few new Kerbtown bits. Mainly stuff designed for Kerbin ( / Laythe?) . Maybe that'll make an appearance someday soon.

Edited by Beale

Have you considered making stockalike Orion or Altair components? I know there is BobCat's American pack however I like the stock look better. The Orion capsule could be similar to the Fuji capsule with the heatshield decoupler and a 2.5m bottom and a .625m top. The docking port could also double as a parachute or perhaps a three parachute stack. Altair like components would be useful for making landers that hold more than 2 kerbals.

Edit: Another issue with this actually, I like to keep the parts as multi-purpose as possible, and this would constrain that a bit... Still, to achieve the real multi-staged LK would be good.

You could make the part as a dedicated "engine+landing assembly" subsystem, preferably in 1.25m. That could be used for landing anything, ​not just the LK.

Have you considered making stockalike Orion or Altair components? I know there is BobCat's American pack however I like the stock look better. The Orion capsule could be similar to the Fuji capsule with the heatshield decoupler and a 2.5m bottom and a .625m top. The docking port could also double as a parachute or perhaps a three parachute stack. Altair like components would be useful for making landers that hold more than 2 kerbals.

I think now I won't be re-doing the old Apollo D2, sorry to tell people. So another American craft is a maybe. Altair especially. Still, the future is up in the air :) .

You could make the part as a dedicated "engine+landing assembly" subsystem, preferably in 1.25m. That could be used for landing anything, ​not just the LK.

Quite intriguing idea! I might have this as an alternative to the standard setup.

The current structure is similar to the old one, that is, a single part.

da68dcd48a.jpg

Tantares is a great mod. As a user, i am very sad. You deleted Vega Command Core and 2 other propulsion system in the new release. Caused me to lose a really big ship and approximatelly 2k science and effort. Please fix.

Hi!

Try "Download Old Mod" on front page, this contains the Vega command core and the other engines, which should allow you to use your old craft. Apologies if this does not work, I'll try to be more clear in future when removing parts.

More updates soon...

69a65b1069.jpg

I think now I won't be re-doing the old Apollo D2, sorry to tell people. So another American craft is a maybe. Altair especially. Still, the future is up in the air :) .

Quite intriguing idea! I might have this as an alternative to the standard setup.

The current structure is similar to the old one, that is, a single part.

http://puu.sh/b1Wc5/da68dcd48a.jpg

Hi!

Try "Download Old Mod" on front page, this contains the Vega command core and the other engines, which should allow you to use your old craft. Apologies if this does not work, I'll try to be more clear in future when removing parts.

More updates soon...

http://puu.sh/b1VZB/69a65b1069.jpg

Are you sure that's the best colour scheme?

Oh hey, you're using the suits I made!

There are still a few things I wanted to fix on those, but never got around to it...

They're really nice!

Are you sure that's the best colour scheme?

It's al alternative scheme :wink: Don't worry.

Based on Salyut 7

17c089d896.jpg

Well thats a shame that was the best looking inline command pod I ever found it looked like it belonged in the middle of a rocket unlike the mk2 cockpit which looks like it belongs on a plane or the curvy soyuz-esque or conical mercury-esque pods that don't look like they are supporting the weight properly. I suppose there is still the mk1 lander can but I don't like how its actually wider than 1.25 or how the kerbal isn't facing in the direction the ship is pointing but I digress these are nitpicks.

Well thats a shame that was the best looking inline command pod I ever found it looked like it belonged in the middle of a rocket unlike the mk2 cockpit which looks like it belongs on a plane or the curvy soyuz-esque or conical mercury-esque pods that don't look like they are supporting the weight properly. I suppose there is still the mk1 lander can but I don't like how its actually wider than 1.25 or how the kerbal isn't facing in the direction the ship is pointing but I digress these are nitpicks.

Sorry to hear, but let me explain: I like the D2 very much, but the way it was set up with the fairing caused a some-what game-breaking and unfixable "wandering camera" bug for some people. If it could be fixed it would be re-made in a heartbeat.

I'm familiar with SDHI however it does not add any command module. I was looking for a command module with ability to hold like 6 Kerbals. If Beale can compress two kerbals into a 1.25m pod then I'm sure he can fit 6 in a 2.5m pod.

Well if beagle wants small take a gander at this

ombrec60.jpg

way back in the mercury and dynostar era the states cooked up all sorts of different lifeboats and reentry vehicles for what they expected to be a new era of orbital fighter pilots http://www.friends-partners.org/mwade/craftfam/rescue.htm its a gold mine for commamnd pod ideas.

Edited by passinglurker

Well if beagle wants small take a gander at this

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/o/ombrec60.jpg

way back in the mercury and dynostar era the states cooked up all sorts of different lifeboats and reentry vehicles for what they expected to be a new era of orbital fighter pilots http://www.friends-partners.org/mwade/craftfam/rescue.htm its a good mine for commamnd pod ideas.

Ah, good ol' MOOSE. I did one of those for my space station a while back! :D

LrV4oLL.png