[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][{Proton Revamp]

Beale

I just finished updating all my mods for .90 after a while out of the game - about half of the crewed Tantares command / utility modules seem to have an IVA, and about half of them don't. That is, there's not even an IVA window on the bottom right, and pressing C does nothing, even though there are Kerbals inside. I also have RPM installed and working with stock command modules and most other mods, but for some reason, none of the working modules have RPM. I think they may be related? Is this a known issue? (Disappearing IVA with some sort of RPM incompatibility issue?) I tried deleting Tantares_Extra_RasterIVA and renaming internal_basic to internal (and removing the original internal) in all the spaces, thinking if I got rid of the RPM internals they might work again, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Simplest answer: Beale didn't do the IVA's with the overhaul, so there are no IVAs on the affected parts (for now).

Huge shoutout to this pack, definitely my current favorite parts pack. Here's a screenshot I took recently of these parts in action:

46EB400F4901FB6AC332F83DA97143F8F759A3FE

On this mission, I was sending a station to the Mun to serve as a base. To do this, I had to link it up with an orbital tug (foreground) and then make the leap. This was a notable achievement for me because it was the first time I had docked and landed such a heavy craft in one mission. The landing was possible thanks to another amazing mod called Throttle Controlled Avionics. This mod and that one go together like peas and carrots.

Also, how do sentient bread feel about toasters?

The toaster turns the simple bread into a hearty and nutritious snack.

0d1.gif

remember Zarya and Kolyma's Shadow? well, it turns out that the later versions had a different LV in the timeline, and I'm helping to find the official design for it. here's one of the possible design choices:

http://i.imgur.com/ibCUHFD.png

Wow, I like that launcher :)

Is the Zarya here 2.5m? It looks kinda big.

I've decided to do some deep space exploring with Tantares. Our ship, the Aurora:

http://i.imgur.com/CR9tUIH.png

From left to right: the Kerbin reentry pod (it's probably being blasted with radiation, but hey! Don't even worry about it!). Then the main crew cabins and nuclear propulsion systems, with plentiful space for the crew. Toast your marshmallows on the radiation! At the very front of the ship, the expendable atmospheric lander.

To Duna!

http://imgur.com/a/0rpKJ

Brilliant mission!

Always nice to see the N-1 and Energia parts mixed.

I was curious about the VA on the back, but it actually makes a lot of sense to not drag the whole Duna Excursion Vehicle back to Kerbin! Nice job :)

I just finished updating all my mods for .90 after a while out of the game - about half of the crewed Tantares command / utility modules seem to have an IVA, and about half of them don't. That is, there's not even an IVA window on the bottom right, and pressing C does nothing, even though there are Kerbals inside. I also have RPM installed and working with stock command modules and most other mods, but for some reason, none of the working modules have RPM. I think they may be related? Is this a known issue? (Disappearing IVA with some sort of RPM incompatibility issue?) I tried deleting Tantares_Extra_RasterIVA and renaming internal_basic to internal (and removing the original internal) in all the spaces, thinking if I got rid of the RPM internals they might work again, but that doesn't seem to have had any effect.

Hiya!

Unfortunately, IVAs are missing for a short while (Except for the Gemini and ATV which are complete).

They'll be coming soon! I'm just doing the LK currently! :)

Hay Beale!

Once again thanks for such an awesome mod pack! I decided to track down the work you did on Zenit/Energia/Vulkan parts in order to fill a heavy lifting void in my ongoing series (found Here). It was surprisingly difficult to find and I was wondering if you might put a link to it on the front page or in your signature somewhere so others can find it easier. Anyway great work on the new LK!

-Foxx

Hello!

Yep, I need to re-do my signature to link to AB launchers! Thanks for pointing this out! :)

Your series I continue to watch, very nice!

Hi o/ I really enjoy both of your packs :)

Very nice to hear, many thanks! :)

On a somewhat different topic. Why are the Mir solar panels in the. 1000 point electrics tech tree node?? >:(

Mmm, I thought they were quite powerful for their size and weight, I may take a further look if they should be moved! :D

Huge shoutout to this pack, definitely my current favorite parts pack. Here's a screenshot I took recently of these parts in action:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/528383413230261137/46EB400F4901FB6AC332F83DA97143F8F759A3FE/

On this mission, I was sending a station to the Mun to serve as a base. To do this, I had to link it up with an orbital tug (foreground) and then make the leap. This was a notable achievement for me because it was the first time I had docked and landed such a heavy craft in one mission. The landing was possible thanks to another amazing mod called Throttle Controlled Avionics. This mod and that one go together like peas and carrots.

It means a great deal for you to like this! Many thanks. :)

The horizontal lander is great, throttle controlled avionics is great for that kind of thing.

The Tug is quite a nice design, with the RCS extended outwards. I feel like that means greater torque, but I'm not an engineer!

Sadly I have no news. Until Blok-D will be finished soon.

Wow, I like that launcher :)

Is the Zarya here 2.5m? It looks kinda big.

No, It's 1.25, the other stages are 1.875-2.5 and 2.5-3.75.

I ginished the other candidate designs, but I'll be out of town today so I'll have to wait until late tonight or even tomorrow to post screenshots.

No, It's 1.25, the other stages are 1.875-2.5 and 2.5-3.75.

I ginished the other candidate designs, but I'll be out of town today so I'll have to wait until late tonight or even tomorrow to post screenshots.

It is a lot smaller than I thought then, I'd like to see more pictures :)

Nice N-1 mission! I like the fairings, textures?

:D this mod has an N-1 now?

Yes!

And soon...

Blok-DM :D

I had planned Block-D as a single part, but the more I think about it, splitting Engine and Tank is better.

Engine will have four RCS ports, as in the real deal.

0a6df0b6b5.jpg

324116b53c.jpg

Edited by Beale

Ah Blok D! I'm in love!

Just remember to also use actual photographs for reference too, that render looks kinda lame.

http://www.b14643.de/Spacerockets_1/East_Europe_2/Proton/Gallery/Block-D_7.jpg

Oh yeah! No worries there, That render is just useful for its simplicity, for sizing and such.

But I hope to bring some nice detail with the texture map! :)

On the sizing of the Blok-D, it current diameters:

Top, 1.25m

Biggest width, around 2m

Bottom, 0.625m

This - so it will fit in the N-1 and Proton fairings, without making a "bulge".

Edited by Beale

Any plans to do ISS-like parts?

He made MPLM for ATV, so you can make PMM and all three Nodes (plus it is shaped a lot like Columbus, even though they aren't based on the same hardware), and the pack is built to make ROS. So all that's missing is US Lab, JEM, and the truss segments. Oh and the PMAs. Beale you should make a PMA part!

Mmm, I thought they were quite powerful for their size and weight, I may take a further look if they should be moved! :D

I have the greatest respect for those who are accomplished in their field and yet DO NOT dismiss such questions out of hand! Thanks for considering it.

I suppose it is based in part on the fact that FASA has "Skylab" panels (the side ones, one of which broke during launch IRL) which are rated Panel Strength:10, Electric Charge: 24.0/sec and they are unlocked in the 550 point "Specialized Electrics" node.

The Tug is quite a nice design, with the RCS extended outwards. I feel like that means greater torque, but I'm not an engineer!

You would be correct, the further the RCS nozzle is from the COM, either laterally or radially, the greater the torque.

Any plans to do ISS-like parts? And will we see an LV for the new Gemini parts?
He made MPLM for ATV, so you can make PMM and all three Nodes (plus it is shaped a lot like Columbus, even though they aren't based on the same hardware), and the pack is built to make ROS. So all that's missing is US Lab, JEM, and the truss segments. Oh and the PMAs. Beale you should make a PMA part!

ISS: Yep, I won't be doing it. Have you tried Fus-Tek? Or SXT? Both have nice stockalike ISS like parts which you may enjoy. Of-course, you can use Tantares for the Russian Segment. :wink:

I have the greatest respect for those who are accomplished in their field and yet DO NOT dismiss such questions out of hand! Thanks for considering it.

I suppose it is based in part on the fact that FASA has "Skylab" panels (the side ones, one of which broke during launch IRL) which are rated Panel Strength:10, Electric Charge: 24.0/sec and they are unlocked in the 550 point "Specialized Electrics" node.

You would be correct, the further the RCS nozzle is from the COM, either laterally or radially, the greater the torque.

Thanks for the RCS info! :)

Yeah, I will revalue the Solar Panels personalities when the Salyut gets a revamp. They may need changing.

bce9503832.jpg

8816e8ab6a.jpg

Looks sort of... smallish? Maybe enlarge it a notch?But it really is freaking cool! And if you've found this, you'll get a visit from us... why would you search for hidden messages if you weren't trying to switch sides?!

sxc stage
Looks sort of... smallish? Maybe enlarge it a notch?But it really is freaking cool! And if you've found this, you'll get a visit from us... why would you search for hidden messages if you weren't trying to switch sides?!
It was like that size.

Hidden messages do not slip by me!

I'm not sure what size it should be :confused:

As it is currently: Estimate size is from orthographics (Roughly 2.1m), but you know how unreliable they can be...

be9706d1f7.jpg

Small cool thing: you can stack them!

d988d009c4.jpg

With the setup, you have freedom to use either 0.625m or 1.25m engines.

999157ae12.jpg

eefbbdcd9e.jpg

Very small texture too! This is all of the LK, minus the pod!

7eb00b0345.jpg

Here's a Zond for another size compare.

145cecc752.jpg

zsoylun5.jpg

Going by this, the size is very accurate.

Edited by Beale

I started a new career recently, took the opportunity to update my Tantares and install OMSK.

The new paint schemes look nice :) the N1 ROCKS. Completed my first Mun missions with the N1 (I would post pics but they aren't showing up for people, no one told me!), I gotta tell ya, these two mods are awesome. Together my total Delta-Squee is OVER 9000!

Hidden messages do not slip by me!

I'm not sure what size it should be :confused:

As it is currently: Estimate size is from orthographics (Roughly 2.1m), but you know how unreliable they can be...

http://puu.sh/gqE7a/be9706d1f7.jpg

Small cool thing: you can stack them!

http://puu.sh/gqEgF/d988d009c4.jpg

With the setup, you have freedom to use either 0.625m or 1.25m engines.

http://puu.sh/gqEFx/999157ae12.jpg

http://puu.sh/gqELW/eefbbdcd9e.jpg

Very small texture too! This is all of the LK, minus the pod!

http://puu.sh/gqEQu/7eb00b0345.jpg

Here's a Zond for another size compare.

http://puu.sh/gqFGP/145cecc752.jpg

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/z/zsoylun5.jpg

Going by this, the size is very accurate.

I endorse all of this. Looks great, Beale! I think that the size is perfect as is.