[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

some stuff I've been doing:

http://imgur.com/a/Xkylj

Also can we get a "extra" tweakscale config?

The tantares config included in tweakscale is outdated.

That's some great stuff!

Please tell me that Xenon collector actually works, that is the most inventive thing I've ever seen!

About Tweakscale:

It's tricky, as tweakscale is one of the few mods that actually loads after Tantares. Any configs I make with be overwritten (I think) when tweakscale is loaded.

Erm, I will have a look none the less.

The new 6 way looks awesome! By your reckoning, compared to the size of the other parts, for it to be scaled appropriately to the hub on Mir, it would be .625 as you have it, correct? 1.25 would be larger than 1:1 I assume. Any way this could be TweakScaleable up to 1.25 and 2.5?

I don't know if I would build in the nodes to reduce the part count. I think in theory it'd be nice, but personally, I'd like to have a module permanently attached to my node that can't decouple. Let us know what you end up doing.

Hi!

I think the size is more or less correct. The "right" size is around 0.8m I think, but that makes it incompatible with everything.

The built in nodes, it is not possible. When right clicking you have no idea which node you are decoupling. So that idea is scrapped.

That's some great stuff!

Please tell me that Xenon collector actually works, that is the most inventive thing I've ever seen!

Sadly it doesn't. Due to hastily-built syndrome, I didn't put on a proper in tank, so it cant collect enough air to function. A big edited intank should do the trick though along with daisy-chained winches so I can extend the probe from 50m to 150 or even more.

That also gave me an idea:

releasing the atmosphere probe would allow me to see what altitudes it would work best. Heck I could strap a xenon collector to falling upper stages and see what sticks.

About Tweakscale:

It's tricky, as tweakscale is one of the few mods that actually loads after Tantares. Any configs I make with be overwritten (I think) when tweakscale is loaded.

Erm, I will have a look none the less.

Yeah, I had a look at it also last night.

I was attempting to modify the existing config to accommodate the pollux, and it had no effects.

Edited by gooddog15

Sadly it doesn't. Due to hastily-built syndrome, I didn't put on a proper in tank, so it cant collect enough air to function. A big edited intank should do the trick though along with daisy-chained winches so I can extend the probe from 50m to 150 or even more.

That also gave me an idea:

releasing the atmosphere probe would allow me to see what altitudes it would work best. Heck I could strap a xenon collector to falling upper stages and see what sticks.

Yeah, I had a look at it also last night.

I was attempting to modify the existing config to accommodate the pollux, and it had no effects.

Ah, that is a shame. Still, it may still be possible with intake hogging :wink:

I'll take a look at Tweakscale when i have some time.

will we ever get the tiny winglets on the boosters?

- - - Updated - - -

also the chinese OM?

Tiny Winglets: Perhaps on that. I still need vernier rockets also...

Currently the TLV steers rather well, I've even managed to soft-land it (And so have others!).

Ehm, perhaps I will nerf some of the vectoring to justify additional control systems.

Shenzou OM: I have picked up a few ideas over the weekend.

When I have some time, I'll be able to make it now.

Still neck deep in studies, but Kerbal modding is the absolute best method to chill out and relax.

I toyed also with the idea of a separate SM, but I cannot really guarantee anything there.

And OM solar panels, of course.

You have asked a few times; I am glad I have a solid answer now :)

Edited by Beale

I really hope you will make Vostok 3rd stage. Some day... :(

Maybe.

Have you tried making one with stock parts? For now it is pretty close.

1.25m Docking Probe

For use with TKS vehicles and the new docking hub.

I thought it might be a bit unstable, but thankfully it is not.

7f4b2d352f.jpg

ee8a478c7f.jpg

Again, the left over UV space from the Salyut makeover is making itself useful.

Another part with next to zero RAM usage. :)

a6a4997f37.jpg

I am having a bug with the KAS container support of your modules. Not sure if it is Tantares or a KAS problem, though. Maybe someone can help me figure it out.

When I go and grab an item from the container the item does not appear on the kerbals back, and instead when I go back to the space center I have the option to recover the item as if it were a vessel. Once I try to take the item, I cannot take any other or use the store option to put it back.

Thanks in advance, I know it is probably a KAS issue but I wanted to be sure there is nothing wrong on your end and nobody else is experiencing the same issue. Thank you!

I am having a bug with the KAS container support of your modules. Not sure if it is Tantares or a KAS problem, though. Maybe someone can help me figure it out.

When I go and grab an item from the container the item does not appear on the kerbals back, and instead when I go back to the space center I have the option to recover the item as if it were a vessel. Once I try to take the item, I cannot take any other or use the store option to put it back.

Thanks in advance, I know it is probably a KAS issue but I wanted to be sure there is nothing wrong on your end and nobody else is experiencing the same issue. Thank you!

Hiya!

This is certainly the first time I've heard this.

Unfortunately, I think this must be a KAS issue. The only thing Tantares does for compatibility is adding the ModuleContainer to the parts via a patch.

I've never had any issues storing items and taking them out again, so me personally I cannot say I've had anything like this.

Are you using all the latest versions of KAS and Module Manager?

Sorry I cannot be more helpful :(

Beautiful Shenzou!
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSS yay

Thanks!

Good job! :D This module is a great opportunity to make soviet lunar base called "Vulcan" (Yeah, soviet scientists had a good imagination:rolleyes:)

http://a-striker.org/my_blog/011_moon2/lgm_NickD.jpg

Wow!

Never heard of this one before.

That's a really nice design.

Cool! Now the only thing left to is: how to implement the Lyappa arm using robotics?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Mir_arm2.JPG

Ah!

This I will have to try.

But, most of my attempts with robotics end in disaster.

Yay! The new parts look great! Can't wait to play with them!

Thanks! :)

Shenzou is looking very stylish. Will it have different features from the TST Orbital Module?

Thanks!

It will at minimum have the ability to control the craft, so like the real one you can leave the OM in orbit as a separate craft (Combine with some RCS thrusters for a self contained tug).

What else? Erm, maybe some different levels of resources, I suspect it will be twice the price (And close to twice the mass) of the usual OM, or around that :)

Hiya!

This is certainly the first time I've heard this.

Unfortunately, I think this must be a KAS issue. The only thing Tantares does for compatibility is adding the ModuleContainer to the parts via a patch.

I've never had any issues storing items and taking them out again, so me personally I cannot say I've had anything like this.

Are you using all the latest versions of KAS and Module Manager?

Sorry I cannot be more helpful :(

Thanks!

I thought it is probably KAS, and yes I am using the latest version of both KAS and Module Manager and Tantares for that matter, so I am not sure what it could be :(

Thanks for the reply anyway, I am going to start taking out mods and see if I can figure out what is messing it up.

I thought it is probably KAS, and yes I am using the latest version of both KAS and Module Manager and Tantares for that matter, so I am not sure what it could be :(

Thanks for the reply anyway, I am going to start taking out mods and see if I can figure out what is messing it up.

May be worth asking also :-

Do you have issues with the containers included with KAS?

Maybe this could be a problem with my end. I may need to take a look at the patches.

It will at minimum have the ability to control the craft, so like the real one you can leave the OM in orbit as a separate craft (Combine with some RCS thrusters for a self contained tug).

What else? Erm, maybe some different levels of resources, I suspect it will be twice the price (And close to twice the mass) of the usual OM, or around that :)

Ooooh 1.25 m spacetug! I could use that as a step between the POL/Cygnus and the Capella/ATV. As much as I like Hamal/Proton, I need to use something shorter.

May be worth asking also :-

Do you have issues with the containers included with KAS?

Maybe this could be a problem with my end. I may need to take a look at the patches.

Your mod works perfectly. Figured out the problem, I had a beta version of deadly reentry installed (6.3.1), that seemed to be messing all KAS containers. I installed Deadly reentry 6.2.1 and everything seems to be working fine now.

Going to take this chance to thank you for making your mod, it adds a nice russian touch with a stock feel, love it! Can't imagine playing KSP without it, a must have!

You, sir, are making parts so fast I can't keep up with RO patches! :D

Anyway, it's awesome! Will the .625 port be compatible with 1.25?

Expect ALV soon, I've started testing it. :)

BTW, you can include the config in your mod, they won't activate without RO installed. :)

Edited by Niemand303

Ooooh 1.25 m spacetug! I could use that as a step between the POL/Cygnus and the Capella/ATV. As much as I like Hamal/Proton, I need to use something shorter.

It should hopefully be able to fill that role :)

Your mod works perfectly. Figured out the problem, I had a beta version of deadly reentry installed (6.3.1), that seemed to be messing all KAS containers. I installed Deadly reentry 6.2.1 and everything seems to be working fine now.

Going to take this chance to thank you for making your mod, it adds a nice russian touch with a stock feel, love it! Can't imagine playing KSP without it, a must have!

Good to hear!

And Thanks!

You, sir, are making parts so fast I can't keep up with RO patches! :D

Anyway, it's awesome! Will the .625 port be compatible with 1.25?

Expect ALV soon, I've started testing it. :)

BTW, you can include the config in your mod, they won't activate without RO installed. :)

Hehe, I'll take a break soon :)

They will be compatible (If I think I understand your question right). I.E. the 1.25m port is a "Size0" docking port, same as the 0.625m ones.

Great to hear!

And yes, I will include it if that's the case! Nice job!

More!

It still needs OM solar panels. And a flag decal, maybe.

d449430c23.jpg

55bca8d85e.jpg

db155f4184.jpg

A pretty disastrous docking later...

4c35938155.jpg

Edit: Solar Panels!

Turns out it's rather easy to chop off sections of solar panels. Another more or less RAM free part.

ef80484bdc.jpg

0eae038d61.jpg

Edited by Beale