[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

I would suggest asking Ferram for anything FAR-related - I think he can offer some advice about making it FAR-compatible (even with some weird config).

I would also suggest making a third pack - TantaresAero (or something) to encompass all aircraft-related things. Beta status until 1.0 (FAR compatibility is optional). Kliper would be the only entry at the start - but then who knows, maybe we'll be able to convince you to do Spiral, Dyna-Soar and X-37 ;)

I think it needs some black on the front of the nose and the wings.

As Beale said, he wants to replicate Porkjet's style. In that case, it would be better to make Kliper more white - right now it's obviously Tantares, not Porkjet (Although I'm fine with this!)

I'm a massive fan of the Kliper, it's incredibly awkward to make mini-shuttles like it in KSP as they tend to want to flip out like a mad thing at the slightest provocation. Presumably with it being a single part, it'll be far less likely for that to happen.

I would suggest asking Ferram for anything FAR-related - I think he can offer some advice about making it FAR-compatible (even with some weird config).

I would also suggest making a third pack - TantaresAero (or something) to encompass all aircraft-related things. Beta status until 1.0 (FAR compatibility is optional). Kliper would be the only entry at the start - but then who knows, maybe we'll be able to convince you to do Spiral, Dyna-Soar and X-37 ;)

TantaresAV - interesting...

I may seek advice from the master, if I run into problems :)

I think it needs some black on the front of the nose and the wings.
As Beale said, he wants to replicate Porkjet's style. In that case, it would be better to make Kliper more white - right now it's obviously Tantares, not Porkjet (Although I'm fine with this!)

The style is more closer to the Mk3 style, which doesn't have a lot of black, but Grey instead.

The wings are yet untextured, buy maybe I will give a darker outline.

I'm a massive fan of the Kliper, it's incredibly awkward to make mini-shuttles like it in KSP as they tend to want to flip out like a mad thing at the slightest provocation. Presumably with it being a single part, it'll be far less likely for that to happen.

Hopefully it can be stable. Even if it cannot make a conventional wheel landing in current Aero, hopefully it will still be a craft that allows much cross-range before a parachute landing.

I am 100 percent against a FAR requirement.

#1 Stockalike means the mod should be able to work in Stock without requiring any other addons.

#2 Not everyone wants to use FAR.

No worries, I never would add requirements. Just optional extras! :)

I've found a very spooky bug with Gemini internals: a toolbox spawns under the pod when there are Kerbals inside (i.e. internal is active/portraits are rendered).

VDl9Oln.jpg

If no Kerbals are in Gemini, the toolbox appears when you move one there. Recreate this vessel with Mk1-2 being the first part and then transfer a Kerbal into Gemini.

fK3XjNO.jpg

29abb0bb86.jpg

104c4e3aa2.jpg

5dc189fc7e.jpg

I've found a very spooky bug with Gemini internals: a toolbox spawns under the pod when there are Kerbals inside (i.e. internal is active/portraits are rendered).

http://i.imgur.com/VDl9Oln.jpg

If no Kerbals are in Gemini, the toolbox appears when you move one there. Recreate this vessel with Mk1-2 being the first part and then transfer a Kerbal into Gemini.

http://i.imgur.com/fK3XjNO.jpg

Confirmed.

Thanks for finding this!

It may be a layering bug - I'll check to see... :)

I would certainly get hyped for this. Miniature lifting body shuttles like those mentionned or the Dreamchaser are some of my favourite concepts.

I would certainly get hyped for this. Miniature lifting body shuttles like those mentionned or the Dreamchaser are some of my favourite concepts.

It would be nice, but for sure it's not my area. Well... maybe the Dyna-Soar (far future).

Spec mapped.

3db1dc324a.jpg

2fdc7938bf.jpg

46fae39650.jpg

Rough mockup with exisiting parts

4002c4218a.jpg

Next gen combo

95c21afd92.jpg

Edited by Beale

It would be nice, but for sure it's not my area. Well... maybe the Dyna-Soar (far future).

Spec mapped.

http://puu.sh/gLot3/3db1dc324a.jpg

http://puu.sh/gLov2/2fdc7938bf.jpg

http://puu.sh/gLoDA/46fae39650.jpg

Rough mockup with exisiting parts

http://puu.sh/gLoOm/4002c4218a.jpg

He-he, I see you made the hatch the same way I did. :)

I was against making wings and fuselage as one part because of my bad experience with lifting bodies. But I hope 1.0 will change that.

He-he, I see you made the hatch the same way I did. :)

I was against making wings and fuselage as one part because of my bad experience with lifting bodies. But I hope 1.0 will change that.

It shares a config file also!

Although it is soo unstable - I barely am able to keep it fly straight. The COL is far in front of COM.

a74ac4d57d.jpg

81f7976d77.jpg

The IVA is completely black in the Tantares (Soyuz), I think that the interior file thing isn't there.

It's not yet complete, it will be there in time.

Kliper looks fantastic! A brief question, will it use the stock landing gears, will you make your own (I understand those aren't easy), or will it just land on its belly?

Also the COMOffset line in the part config can serve to adjust the center of mass to be in a better position relative to the center of lift.

Kliper looks fantastic! A brief question, will it use the stock landing gears, will you make your own (I understand those aren't easy), or will it just land on its belly?

Thanks!

For the time, it will land on its belly by parachute. The design is still advantageous over a capsule as you can steer when in atmosphere.

I've edited the config, now the Kliper is very "lawn-dartish" to quote Scott Manley. Very stable, but doesn't pull up much.

2e122b6824.jpg

When 1.0 hits, there will be a new ModuleLandingGear setup, which should make their creation easier, so then, for sure I will make one.

Oh, I'm gonna test it! But don't expect good results until tomorrow, it's 2 AM here and I'm sleepy. :)

I would not expect anyone to lose sleep to test it :wink:

I fear the little bee may be waiting until 1.0 until it can fly correctly, with the limited ModuleControlSurface

42920e587a.jpg

Unrelated, but the new signature is really quite nice.

Oh, one thing I noticed, the new antennae for the LK aren't configured for RemoteTech, which is a shame. I'd assume the L-LG1 should me an omni-antenna with a range of 500km like your other standard antennae, and the L-HG1 should be directional with a range of about 50Mm, going by the description?

EDIT: Ok, after looking in the extras: remote tech config, it seems like they ARE configured, which is very odd, as in game KSP was displaying their stock stats. I'm very confused now.

Edited by Stealthyboy