[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Beale, I tried to wrench myself away from your Russian-centric mod and do some NASA stuff, but where did I find myself?

Strolling up to this station, of course.

1UuSchD.png

Absolutely stellar (no pun intended, OK, maybe a little) work. Just fantastic. Thanks for everything.

ltwNURD.png

I replaced the old Tantares models on my ISS with the new ones. They look great. Thank you for the remodel, Beale!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

I've added part of the Russian segment based on @curtquarquesso's design.

There's a farshot Soyuz and a couple of Progresses attached. :D I've been using them as tugs to get all the parts in place.

Beale, I tried to wrench myself away from your Russian-centric mod and do some NASA stuff, but where did I find myself?

Strolling up to this station, of course.

http://i.imgur.com/1UuSchD.png

Absolutely stellar (no pun intended, OK, maybe a little) work. Just fantastic. Thanks for everything.

http://i.imgur.com/ltwNURD.png

Skylab þôøý :)

Very pretty!

I like a lot how you have constructed the midsection.

Can we have a quick sneak peek at some of the stuff you are planning to make Beale? (Personally, I wold love to see the PPTS!)

No.

In fact, I am 99% sure this is an alt account for a certain user that has been on my ignore list for a while.

Apologies if this is not true, but patterns of typing are rarely this similar.

I replaced the old Tantares models on my ISS with the new ones. They look great. Thank you for the remodel, Beale!

http://imgur.com/a/sgNWn

I've added part of the Russian segment based on @curtquarquesso's design.

There's a farshot Soyuz and a couple of Progresses attached. :D I've been using them as tugs to get all the parts in place.

Wow!

That's really pretty!

Far more complex than anything I've ever built. Was this a complete new build or some editing magic with the previous station?

Something, something Parom space tug... :rolleyes:

Pip pip!

I really love the angled nozzles.

d73326ab31.jpg

4970d7fe96.jpg

Edited by Beale

Is the texture on the Mianbao having issues in the new soyuz update, or is it a problem on my end?

20qj6l3.jpg

Also - Cannot tell you how happy I am about the new docking light part.

I've literally been waiting since the first Tantares release I found for that! :)

Titan II nozzles were straight, may be H-IIB?
It's the British rocket whose name I can't remember for the life of me.

The engines did seem wrong for the Titan II, but I thought that maybe he made them like that so they would be more compatible with other parts of something.

If it isn't Titan II, I don't know what it is. Maybe Beale will enlighten us come morning.

Ooooo! Really Digging that New Black Arrow (Or At least I think it's the Black Arrow Rocket, It could be the Black Knight I'm honestly not too sure)

Looks like the British Blue Streak MRBM, which became the first stage of Europa! Woof! I do hope we get Black Arrow and Black Knight.

Edited by Kibble

"Beware the ides of Astris"

Also I love the bluestreak. I was trying to make one some time ago as my first mod, but it fell apart due to computer troubles. It's nice to see it finally get some justice.

(Dibs on modifying the texture for ETS?)

Edited by gooddog15

Also I love the bluestreak. I was trying to make one some time ago as my first mod, but it fell apart due to computer troubles. It's nice to see it finally get some justice.

Perhaps Beale could include provisions (separate the sloped section) so we could make the ETS Europa...

Tantares Craft Files v2.1 is up! Link is in my signature.

To kick it off, I recorded a demo of the new Venera 9 craft file.

Some of the new craft include:

Gemini and Agena Target Vehicle (No lifter yet, can't find one I like) (Inspired by the LIFE magazine hanging on my wall.)

5HZ9lIj.png

ncH7Te0.png

Sputnik 1 (Fairing system is really historically accurate.)

OJDNgki.png

CxGZf0C.png

ISS Zarya and Zvezda (Just finishing up Pirs and Poisk now)

DTfTJGx.png

Almost every craft got touched or refined in some way. The biggest change was making almost all ports 0.9375m, and making craft generally less dependent on my TweakScale config so they're not as borked for people who don't want to use them. Progress vehicles were removed pending Beale's Progress revamp at some point. N1 was broken by update 28, so I'm going to need to downgrade and salvage it.

More images can be found in a new album for v2.1 in the original post in my signature.

Enjoy!

Edited by curtquarquesso

Almost every craft got touched or refined in some way. The biggest change was making almost all ports 0.9375m, and making craft generally less dependent on my TweakScale config so they're not as borked for people who don't want to use them. Progress vehicles were removed pending Beale's Progress revamp at some point. N1 was broken by update 28, so I'm going to need to downgrade and salvage it.

More images can be found in a new album for v2.1 in the original post in my signature.

Enjoy!

Which visual mod are you using in these great pictures?

None of the stuff I've tried is working post 1.0

-snip-

You are HuntsmanThe8, it's painfully obvious.

Looks like the British Blue Streak MRBM, which became the first stage of Europa! Woof! I do hope we get Black Arrow and Black Knight.

Perhaps Beale could include provisions (separate the sloped section) so we could make the ETS Europa...

It's the Black Prince! :)

Which is a continuation of the Blue Streak.

I've never heard of the Europa ETS alternate history design (It was actually a real design? heh), but you should be able to approximate that closely!

I'm thinking of a Black Arrow too, but it's payload capacity seems too small to be useful in KSP, it could be buffed up a little I suppose.

Any texture space leftover, I'll make Prospero :)

0f46b9d3c3.jpg

1a08a6e2f9.jpg

e9cd494ef1.jpg

Electric plane!

This is the first I've seen like this, it's very nice :)

Is it... single stage to Mun...?

To kick it off, I recorded a demo of the new Venera 9 craft file.

Some of the new craft include:

Gemini and Agena Target Vehicle (No lifter yet, can't find one I like) (Inspired by the LIFE magazine hanging on my wall.)

http://i.imgur.com/5HZ9lIj.png

http://i.imgur.com/ncH7Te0.png

Sputnik 1 (Fairing system is really historically accurate.)

http://i.imgur.com/OJDNgki.png

http://i.imgur.com/CxGZf0C.png

ISS Zarya and Zvezda (Just finishing up Pirs and Poisk now)

http://i.imgur.com/DTfTJGx.png

Enjoy!

Wow!

Venera video is great! What's the soundtrack? I dig it.

Agena also is really well put together.

Beautiful stuff, many thanks!

(And - The new progress parts are identical in dimensions, no worries about craft files there).

Edit: Music is in the description, oops!

Edit: Plipped that movie on the front page.

Edited by Beale

It's the Black Knight! :)

Which is a continuation of the Blue Streak.

Black Knight was not derived from Blue Streak. In fact, it was designed to test and verify the Blue Streak reentry vehicle. The rocket engines you are portraying appear to be the RZ2 rocket engines, not the four-chamber Gamma rocket engine used on Black Knight, or the eight-chamber Gamma used on Black Arrow.

Black Knight was not derived from Blue Streak. In fact, it was designed to test and verify the Blue Streak reentry vehicle. The engines you are portraying appear to be the RZ2 rocket engines, not the four-chamber Gamma rocket engine used on Black Knight, or the eight-chamber Gamma used on Black Arrow.

Ack!

Sorry, I meant Black Prince (As cool as the British naming scheme is, it's confusing!). That was a development on the Blue Streak right?

I need to do a little more reading :wink:

Edited by Beale

Which visual mod are you using in these great pictures?

None of the stuff I've tried is working post 1.0

Check your pm's. :)

Wow!

Venera video is great! What's the soundtrack? I dig it.

Agena also is really well put together.

Beautiful stuff, many thanks!

(And - The new progress parts are identical in dimensions, no worries about craft files there).

Edit: Music is in the description, oops!

Edit: Plipped that movie on the front page.

Glad to share. :) I'll be posting a teaser for my next project hopefully before the weekend. Stay tuned.

Are you planning on releasing the Black Prince in Tantares, TantaresLV, or AB Launchers? A 1.875m lifter fills a nice spot in the stock KSP livery.

In the spirit of today's announcement, the Virgo II Lunar Lander has been worked on a bit. Performs better, and looks better. Make sure you grab a Pre-War U.S.A. flag for the mission!

sH7c7vF.png

Hype... Hype never changes...

FsrQD9k.png

NkfulP2.png

dvLvq94.png

Edited by curtquarquesso

With that link titled "this announcement", I thought you were referring to the 50th Anniversary of Gemini 4. Then I clicked the link.

Anyway, I will probably fly a Gemini 4 mission this afternoon. If you want some good pictures of Gemini, I can supply then.

R.I.P. Ed White.

At least Jim McDivitt is still alive.