[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

I like that first one, the problem with removing the craft is that someone who hasn't seen the design process might think it's a wonky pink Pacman...

Yes, the Pacman look is bad :sealed:

Out of curiosity what would cherry red(at the brightest part but keep the shadow) and bright white get us?

About like this?

2fffc5acdf.jpg

Edit: My image uploader Puush I think actually is causing some slight colour deviations, strange.

http://i.imgur.com/QMX3UMK.png

I think this is what I would do for the Tanto-Rofu logo based on all the suggestions so far. I know I've done an awful job editing but you get the idea.

Mmm, blue on red I don't like so great, they don't "compliment"?

ryb_rgb.jpg

You could talk to the guy behind the UAL flag pack to see if he'd be willing to share the UKKR flag. Tantares was practically made for the United Kerbal Kollective Republics :P

They're nice flags, I use Cratery coast a lot.

But, they are more national than corporate I think.

For Tantares Space Technologies, I was going to do a Molniya-Orbit type thing.

a74a7b16c4.png

470df502ff.jpg

Edited by Beale

Mmm, blue on red I don't like so great, they don't "compliment"?

https://margeauxsboxlebeauteblog.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/ryb_rgb.jpg

They're nice flags, I use Cratery coast a lot.

But, they are more national than corporate I think.

For Tantares Space Technologies, I was going to do a Molniya-Orbit type thing.

http://puu.sh/gin4L/a74a7b16c4.png

http://puu.sh/gio7n/470df502ff.jpg

Pretty cool. Keeping the blue for Tantares and having red/pink and white/grey for Tanto-Rofu definitely makes them distinguishable.

Pretty cool. Keeping the blue for Tantares and having red/pink and white/grey for Tanto-Rofu definitely makes them distinguishable.

Thanks, I think that is the best idea - as I cannot quite match the quality and detail of the stock agency logos, it at least is good to have them recognizable. :)

But, I re-did Tantares ST Logo!

951ed2173b.jpg

Basically a rip-off of this one

4344d7a84b.png

Edit:

Edge, so still visible on clear background.

cbc00d8d72.jpg

Edited by Beale

Nah Beale, the Molniya Orbit flag with the TST suits it better for Tantares.

8005466cb7.png

I'd reason the Molniya design is best suited for the Alnair company, as they have the most "Kerbin-Centric" parts? (Do I make any sense at all? Ahaha)

But, Tantares logo is "blasting off to escape velocity", with their Venera probes and Fobos Grunts.

Yeah, I get very pretentious when designing logos :D

so all the logo's are gonna be circles? :sticktongue:

Eheheh, to be pretty honest: Yes.

Although, it's a very common theme for space agency logos.

Edit:

Alnair OKB, that's every agency done! :)

053d6a9ec9.png

3ed01e8159.png

5ef7bf9be4.png

Edited by Beale

It's a difficult kind of logo to imitate, it is nice though!

Beale, I did offer you my help with the design side a while back. I don't have a lot of time to work on this tonight, but that sort of design is not too difficult.

cZkC4pr.png

With the white contrast like in the original.

nMmco9w.png

To save MACman post (strangely I don't see it even in deleted ones):

Bale, a huge request of the ship LK: please change the system RCS, to enable it to fully control the ship without using reaction wheels (which was not present on LC).

In the real block of control engines were installed 16 engines.

- 8 engines [1] thrust of 40 kgf. They are used to control the pitch and yaw. These motors are mounted at an angle of 20 degrees to the horizontal.

- 8 engines [2] a thrust of 10 kgf. They are used to control about the longitudinal axis of the vehicle.

6kgi0c3.jpg

At the lander was another interesting feature that can be realized as well.

At the base of each of the landing gear were located solid fuel engines. In the final moment of the lunar landing, these engines are pressed lander to the surface. This eliminates tipping the lander in the case of landing on difficult terrain and significant horizontal velocities.

zgO8zwN.jpgKwG8446.jpg

Sources:

Photographs

The book "Memories of the moon ship" (in Russian)

Bug report(possibly!)

For the realfuels configs, two things. One I understand, but don't know how to fix, and one that baffles me;

The first is that if the included/updated configs from earlier in the thread are in place, they clash with the configs from stockalike. (Incidentally, I believe the alv b tank has the same volume as the c, but I'd have to check.) think things like triple fuel load outs on right click, etc. a real confusion.

The second is the rcs: both the tst service module rcs and the alv b rcs have the power to push their respective crafts at several g of acceleration. I can't for the life of me find in the configs where they gained this epic power. They guzzle fuel as well, so at least that is balanced, but it seems a bit off ;)

I'll check again, but it'd probably be into Thursday before I can get back to you guys.

Thanks, loving the new toys and the rf configs!

Bug report(possibly!)

For the realfuels configs, two things. One I understand, but don't know how to fix, and one that baffles me;

The first is that if the included/updated configs from earlier in the thread are in place, they clash with the configs from stockalike. (Incidentally, I believe the alv b tank has the same volume as the c, but I'd have to check.) think things like triple fuel load outs on right click, etc. a real confusion.

The second is the rcs: both the tst service module rcs and the alv b rcs have the power to push their respective crafts at several g of acceleration. I can't for the life of me find in the configs where they gained this epic power. They guzzle fuel as well, so at least that is balanced, but it seems a bit off ;)

I'll check again, but it'd probably be into Thursday before I can get back to you guys.

Thanks, loving the new toys and the rf configs!

Bug report received, are you using RF Stockalike?

I personally like the idea of using the parts or whole craft from a given agency as the logo it might make navigation easier rather than scrolling through a list of circles n_n

With the circles, the silhouettes are at least very different, so in the VAB they are easy to tell apart. I'll try to get a picture -

Beale, I did offer you my help with the design side a while back. I don't have a lot of time to work on this tonight, but that sort of design is not too difficult.

http://i.imgur.com/cZkC4pr.png

With the white contrast like in the original.

http://i.imgur.com/nMmco9w.png

It's nice, but I think is odd for the Alnair company to have a competitor's product on their logo :sticktongue:

I like the red tanto logo

Good, I'm glad :)

Beale, a more polished concept.

http://i.imgur.com/UidfSrB.png

That's nice! I enjoy this one a lot!

Do you have a layered .PSD of it?

That's nice! I enjoy this one a lot!

Do you have a layered .PSD of it?

Grazie mille. PM sent.

I would be happy to work on this logo some more, or create other logos for the other agencies if you/anyone has any ideas for them. :D

Grazie mille. PM sent.

I would be happy to work on this logo some more, or create other logos for the other agencies if you/anyone has any ideas for them. :D

It's generous!

All the current agencies are covered - for Tantares (Though, maybe an ESA company?).

For TantaresLV there is still no agencies, I'll need to get round to that soon.

ALSO

I'm cleaning configs - I feel quite a few of the mod support (Antenna Range, DangIt(?), Snacks(?), Interstellar Life Support) I just cannot maintain up to date, are people to have major objections if I drop them?

Oh and Gemini now has RPM support! :)

a2c3fcdd13.jpg

The folder structure is getting a huge simplification.

5d9c16cab4.png

Edited by Beale

I'm cleaning configs - I feel quite a few of the mod support (Antenna Range, DangIt(?), Snacks(?), Interstellar Life Support) I just cannot maintain up to date, are people to have major objections if I drop them?

Oh and Gemini now has RPM support! :)

I indeed object, since dropping the life support configs would basically kill the purpose of cargo ships.