[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

Wait, you're doing a 3.75m Ariane 5?

But we did one! :(

Unless I'm mistaken you mean shadow did one. This is what people are talking about when they criticize you.You may not realize it but you are claiming credit where you haven't appeared to have earned it and it makes some people sick.

Oh my god all my yes.
So much win ! :D I can't wait !!

Many thanks :)

Wait, you're doing a 3.75m Ariane 5?

But we did one! :(

No problem, the modding ecosystem is quite large.

Plenty of Ariane rockets out there already.

Hey-hey, nice Ariane V, Beale! I wanted it for quite a long time, glad you decided to make it. :3

And one more post about my interplanetary ship project now it has a name, "Avrora". :)

This time, I have established a com network, consisting of 4 "Pochtalyon" (Mailman) and 1 "Mayak" (Lighthouse), which was really unfortunate: first launch (4x"Pochtalyon") had one satellite's fuel tank leaking, meaning that it won't be able to fix its orbit if something goes wrong, and then, Block D batteries died, meaning that it and 2 other satellites are left unactivated as debris.

The second launch (also 4x"Pochtalyon") was more successful, this time, I was able to deploy all four satellites, leaving two of them on 2Mm x 2Mm orbit in case I'll need reserve, but Block D suffered a monoprop tank leak, but there was enough reaction wheel power for it to operate properly :)

Third launch brought Mayak to polar 87 degrees orbit with a 3h period without any problem, so we are good and will have Internet on Eve :D

So, that's all preparation work, now it's time for making the ship itself!

http://imgur.com/a/8oyly

Really nice!

I really like the Russian naming, it works nicely. And I might steal "Mayak" :wink:

The final comm. network looks good, I prefer all Molniyas because they take less effort, but it's cool when everything is all set up neat!

More, this is kind of wonderful (despite the leak!):

b4d838609c.jpg

I can't wait to see more :)

Nice start on the Ariane 5!

Thanks!

Is more:

It has been unexpectedly difficult due to Ariane's unique colour scheme.

1d9a514db6.jpg

dfb5ec59cd.jpg

ALSO!

Light brick, or dark brick?

874d1de217.jpg

Any um chance...maybe...of getting an Ariane 4? :3
As a french I wish we had R-7 rockets... Well, thing happens in guyana at least :sticktongue:

And agreed with Kibble, ariane 4 is badass !

Ariane 4 is quite interesting.

Difficulty is, I am not so sure I have a payload for it! :)

I forgot about the ESA Soyuz Rockets, that's cool!

Edited by Beale

Holy noot noot of pingus ! I like pretty much light bricks ( are you talking about the split between brick right now ? :) ) and both are just nice.

3.75m parts were really needed in my gamedata since I deleted the nasa parts and using AB Launchers now I can build the monster of my dreams, monday will see some frankenstein's rockets, Vulkan/energia with proton and ariane stuff in the top of it to launch soviet space race era scrap :D

Little edit: Well played, ariane tank colors are just beautiful !

edit 2: I just noticed how fast you create and texture all this stuff, you are allowed to take a break you may work 24/7 to get such content ( well, I will not complain for this :P )

Edited by spacecookie

Holy noot noot of pingus ! I like pretty much light bricks ( are you talking about the split between brick right now ? :) ) and both are just nice.

3.75m parts were really needed in my gamedata since I deleted the nasa parts and using AB Launchers now I can build the monster of my dreams, monday will see some frankenstein's rockets, Vulkan/energia with proton and ariane stuff in the top of it to launch soviet space race era scrap :D

Little edit: Well played, ariane tank colors are just beautiful !

edit 2: I just noticed how fast you create and texture all this stuff, you are allowed to take a break you may work 24/7 to get such content ( well, I will not complain for this :P )

Many thanks for the feedback :)

Hopefully this will fill some niche, though still not sure on colours to keep it nice and generic?

386bcf435c.jpg

I like the light brick one.

EDIT: Also how do you produce these parts so fast? Lots of practice?

Thanks for feedback! :)

For the edit: Practice I guess :) Plus fuel tanks are really quite simple when doing this brick-style thing. Wings3D.

I vote light brick!

Thanks for feedback! :)

eeeh What's that ALV II first stage without engines, are you planing separate proton engines? *-*

Non non non!

This is because the nozzles need to be separate models to gimbal:

c4b6476844.jpg

Edited by Beale

I vote for beige tank! Otherwise it won't be much different from those generic stockalike tanks and could be confused probably with ALV ones. :)
Just like our favourite tovarisch from " kerb heat " said I vote for beige for the same reasons :)

I like how your parts have a rich palette of colours, orange green grey white dark grey metal blue.. beige is welcome :)

Thanks for more feedback!

@Niemand, you make a very good point. Beige stays.

Some problem with lighter bricks however (The specular lighting made them look a bit awkward at a far distance), to try a different approach, just some tone variance between the different bricks.

b4814f0349.jpg

Speaking of specularity, there is clearly a black sheep in the launcher family... (Hint, the one on the right).

5684744c57.jpg

Edited by Beale

molto bello. I love the details in the middle ( at the grey section ) :)

TLV now looks ridiculously tiny, but he wouldn't be so cute if he was bigger ( I finally liked the fact that your soyuz rocket is small )

Edited by spacecookie

molto bello. I love the details in the middle ( at the grey section ) :)

TLV now looks ridiculously tiny, but he wouldn't be so cute if he was bigger ( I finally liked the fact that your soyuz rocket is small )

Many thanks! Yes, now the basic texture is done it is greeble time.

TLV:

The scale is a bit odd in general!

Perhaps the R1 should have been in a smaller size.

Soyuz is still not quite the smallest rocket, that honour goes to the Antares :)

216330d7c1.jpg

I'd much prefer if Beale made historical Ariane rockets, or Long March rockets.

I'm the creator, and as I just said, I'd prefer if our paths did not conflict.

This is completely inappropriate to ask of Beale, or of any mod author for that matter. This is in very bad form.

Additionally, @Beale, you nailed the brick texture. Looks fantastic. I'll be glad to have something to loft the ATV to orbit with now! The .craft repository will one day be complete! As soon as I have my last final, and I can allow myself to load KSP back up onto my computer with a stable list of mods, It's all-hands to the .craft files. :)

Edited by curtquarquesso

A small addendum to the "Avrora", the ship itself and first expedition on a Pauk-P with the international crew: Jeb, Bill and Bob from Kerbal States and Abram, Iosif and Valentin from Kerbiet Union. Their goal was to test life support mechanisms from Thunder Aerospace and repairing a broken battery on the command module of the propulsion block.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Are you making an Ariane 5 just to spite Augustus? :P

Beales one of the nicest guys on the forum, and augustus is acting out of line if he takes offence at having some crossed paths/competition AGAIN(see his previous attempt to take over maintenance of the bargain rockets mod only to get upset and quit when roverdude said he would do the same). If Beale wants to make an ariane 5 its the same reason he made the r7, or the photon, or the antares its because he has a payload for it (the ATV).

I put a Soviet surprise in a very well known rocket, and I regret nothing!

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The battery failed on the third stage's J-2, but other than that the flight went mostly okay... Other than the fact that the two docking ports weren't compatible...

Edited by VenomousRequiem

Hey-hey, nice Ariane V, Beale! I wanted it for quite a long time, glad you decided to make it. :3

And one more post about my interplanetary ship project now it has a name, "Avrora". :)

<deleted>

first launch (4x"Pochtalyon") had one satellite's fuel tank leaking, meaning that it won't be able to fix its orbit if something goes wrong, and then, Block D batteries died, meaning that it and 2 other satellites are left unactivated as debris.

The second launch <deleted>, but Block D suffered a monoprop tank leak, but there was enough reaction wheel power for it to operate properly :)

Third launch brought Mayak to polar 87 degrees orbit with a 3h period without any problem, so we are good and will have Internet on Eve :D

Were all those fuel leaks from test flight or something else?

Excellent posting of an infrastructure mission

Ariane looks amazing. I can't wait to fly it (plus more 3.75m engines are always fantastic!).

For the rest of y'all, any suggestions for more retextures I can make? I've got finals week, but after that I'm free, and I don't plan to be updating to 1.0 immediately so I know I'll keep mod compatibility for now.