Major hurdle crossed!

Whackjob

The Whack is back...again!

Just curious, but have you ever considered doing youtube?

Aren't his launches already slideshows? I don't think any computer could both run the game with his huge rockets and record it at the same time. Even if it could, it would still be a slideshow.

Actually, I'm just gonna set her down on the Mun to start...

Although it's easier to get to Mun, beginners are always reminded the ease of landing on Minmus makes it, overall, the easier mission.

(ducking)

#EDIT2: LOL!x2 Turns out I forgot to slap on my customary single solar panels.
Gigantors, right?
Aren't his launches already slideshows? I don't think any computer could both run the game with his huge rockets and record it at the same time. Even if it could, it would still be a slideshow.
Record using a signal splitter on the monitor cable to a separate device, then speed it up to normal pace.

Almost forgot to mention... I already have the RCS tug in orbit that'll assemble it all. Here it is, dropping its insertion stage.

gO29JOE.png

Tell me Whackjob, how many kerbals have you killed?

In the history of my Kerbish career? Ten or fifteen hundred, give or take eleventy-one.

Edited by Whackjob

Why the fuel tanks on the RCS tug? I see no engines on it.

Or is it just for aesthetics? I can relate to that.

Sizing. I have to have the docking ports in the exact same place as the actual sections I send up. It's going to be a seven-port dock every time. By using (empty) tanks of the same radius, plus the same number of long girders in between, I was able to place them correctly, even though at the time I hadn't even put together a single tower section! Planning ahead.

Side note. Got the RCS tug in orbit, got the landing engine block section in orbit. Now I need to fasten the legs. First step of that, of course, is building the legs. This is going to be the hardest part. I'm going to have to spread the load of an absurd amount of weight, reinforce it into oblivion, but do it in a way that keeps part count kinda down.

Two hours into it, and the legs are taking shape:

c4ZGd9E.png

UHGMBT6.png

You never cease to amaze me with these things. But by now I'm getting used to it.

If a noob were to come in right now, and he knew nothing about you, he might think you were building a station.

And then you say, "Nope, that's just a landing leg."

[MINDEXPLETIVE]

Good luck with that. It would be a shame if the Whackputer died again.

Whackjob, I think I found one of your secrets: Reduced resolution.

That screenshot is 1024 x 768, no?

I have found that that resolution makes nearly all of my ships run with the mission timer in the green.

It's 1440x900. In firefox you can right-click and choose "View Image" and the dimensions will show in the window title.

And in my experience reducing resolution didn't help much. It can have an impact if you're graphics-limited, but for many players KSP is physics-limited.

...but for many players KSP is physics-limited.

And I think we can all expect that to be true for Whackjob! Although in his case almost everything is probably at the limit, even when they move the limit.

And I think we can all expect that to be true for Whackjob! Although in his case almost everything is probably at the limit, even when they move the limit.

With Whackjob limits are made for pushing up to and including the point where passing said limits causes componants to release the magic blue smoke.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.