KSC Airshow - Bring the little Kerbals out for some fun in the sun.

With the imminent tightening of the Kerbal Space Program budget [0.24 :D] the KSP directors and Kerbin Air Force officials have teamed together to raise money by hosting an airshow at the Kerbal Space Center. Original plans for balloons were ruined when the vendor filled the balloons with hydrogen instead of helium...needless to say, the morning fireworks display to kick off the festivities was a little more bang for the buck than expected. :cool:

KSCAirshow001_zps06cf71b3.jpg

From left to right in the foreground: F-3B 'Eagle' high-speed interceptor, FB-3C 'Eagle' two-seat fighter-bomber, F/A-12 'Raptor' two-seat advanced strike fighter.

KSCAirshow002_zpscd5baa1f.jpg

From left to right in the back: R-2A 'Condor' high-altitude reconnaissance aircraft, WR-2B 'Condor' two-seat weather observation aircraft. Foreground: SR-6A 'Dragon' high-speed reconnaissance aircraft.

KSCAirshow003_zpsfae0e557.jpg

From left to right: SR-6A 'Dragon', SR-9A 'Phoenix' multi-role spaceplane, SR-7A 'Valkyrie' two-seat spaceplane.

KSCAirshow004_zps69642118.jpg

Center view: UR-11 'Hawkeye' unmanned reconnaissance drone.

KSCAirshow005_zpsb1f11c84.jpg

From left to right: F-10A 'Sparrow' advanced light fighter, F/A-5A 'Falcon' STOVL strike fighter, TF-1B 'Skyhawk' two-seat jet trainer, F-1A 'Skyhawk' light fighter.

KSCAirshow006_zpscfa5d5ec.jpg

Most of these aircraft/spaceplanes are constructed using only stock parts, with a couple exceptions...

A big thanks to TouhouTorpedo for his work on the following parts: Pitch Vector 3 mod for the lift-fans and gimbaled jet nozzle on the F/A-5A 'Falcon', Mk3 Expansion pack/Mk3 Crew Cabin for the crew cabins, bomb bays, cargo bays, docking ports and LFO tanks on the SR-9A/B/C 'Phoenix' variants, as well as the Mk3 Cockpit Internals which I also use. IMHO, these parts should be implemented into the stock parts listing.

I also want to thank BigNose and his contributors for the Aviation Lights mod, which I use on all my aircraft, spaceplanes, and most of my spacecraft.

Edited by Raptor9

Where are the spectators? And no performances? I do not believe your work is finished yet. :D

Ha ha, I thought about adding spectators, but I'm sure it would look a little odd to see all the people walking around in identical spacesuits...like some sort of Kerbal comic-con cult or something, lol.

Honestly though, the frames were getting a little choppy with all that, and I didn't want to spend all weekend moving Kerbals in slow-motion around the SPH.

Just consider these press photos taken before the gates opened...:sticktongue:

Your craft look much prettier than mine. All my parts only come in KSP white & grey. :wink:

What in the world is that in the background of the first imgur photo? Looks like a suspension bridge...

Edited by Raptor9

Very cool. Glad someone else can appreciate some good ole designs on Kerbin. :) Every gets all excited about this "Space Program," always talkin' about it. Pfft, plenty to be done on Kerbin! :P

Do non-real life aircraft/SSTOs count? If so, some aircraft are coming up for the public!

Well, technically, none of mine are real-life aircraft. But several of the airframes are inspired by real-life aircraft. The SR-6 is similarly based on the SR-71, the F-10 is based on the X-31, R-2 on the U-2, etc.

Would my Ekranoplan make the show?

http://i.imgur.com/deZFwOS.png

If you can get it up on the runway, otherwise we'll just have to give rides down to the shore, lol. Interesting internals, where'd you download those from, and are those for the fuselage sections, or the Mk3 cockpit?

Edited by Raptor9

Those are Touhou Torepedo's Mk3 cockpit IVA. Unfortunately he decided that he would not re-upload his mods and his license keeps anybody but him from uploading them, so it is not available. Honestly I don't get why he thinks he shouldn't upload his mods because squad closed spaceport so suddenly even though Spaceport was not that good at all, and the search on it was simply stupid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.