[0.24.2] GlowStrips v0.4.3

Zarenor

I didn't try them in 1.0, since they slightly quirked already in the 0.9, with missing scaling options on the thin strips (TweakScale?) and other UI related missing stuff, but can we haz 1.0 recompilation?

The strips are still one the most underappreciated and underrated minimods, imho :)

I liked putting different coloured ones around each docking port on my space stations, and generally I'd have the strip on one side blink, whilst the one the other side was steady. Really helpful for those times when you just HAVE to try docking in shadow and want to dock at a particular prot with a particular alignment!

Sigh, as i said in kw mod, why there is no official updates for this mod any more? if the op is not developing this anymore, why not pass the torch to someone to make updates for this officially? how can i make this work in 1.0?

Hmm, just for info, i looked into the source, i'm not a mod developer but am familiar enough for unity, not sure what is going on there but can't see any problem at least code wise and tried it in 1.0.2 with updated KAE dll and it shows in the VAB, on launch i have the toggle option, and the strips toggle on and off, also used the pulsating option on one of them and it's working, but i have to test it in flight to make sure it is working with new physic and aero system too, will post as soon as i got the result.

EDIT : IT'S WORKING WOOT WOOT

OTCgksA.png

Second EDIT : After destroying the chute and very harsh reentry, still in there but they didn't survive the crash on the 100 m/s lmao but hey kerbals are alive so no worries !

Qc7UBIS.png

Edited by Jiraiyah

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

as long as you update KSPAPIExtensions.dll they will work under 1.0.4 - almost. Is the pulse option supposed to be available in flight? Because it's not. Otherwise the rest seems to be working, and you can resize the thin strip (lengthwise only though not widthwise too)

• 1 month later...

Great mod!

I've just tested it under 1.0.4, it works just fine!

I have a question, though: I've some mentions to resizing the thin glow strip. How do I accomplish this, only by using tweakscale?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've just found that if I use KSPAPIExtensions 0.75, the dimensions options will show up in VAB context-menu.

Edited by jlcarneiro
Answering my own question

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This mod does not appear to be maintained any more. You can try what Drew Kerman suggested a few posts up.

Locking the thread for now. Report this post with a reason, if you think it should be reopened.