Realism War Game!

What mods to use?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What mods to use?

Yes, but none of us have the authority, other than Horn, to approve your entry and he hasn't replied since you posted.

oh ok... I may as well install everything now in the meantime

EDIT: This is what happened when I tried to download the stuff:

https://imgur.com/4H1i7vO

Um... yeah also anyone think someone should set up a DMP server for this?

Edited by Uberlyuber

Right okay, does anyone else on Red want to set up a thread/Skype or something so we can get our strategy together?

Also one thing before we start, is there going to be a limit on the number of bases? It just looks very profitable to spam them.

Sorry I went AWOL for a couple days, I was out doing work stuffs.

Uberlyuber, you're added.

OP is updated with new DL link.

WH40krules, you were on blue right?

Teams are getting large so it's probably best to split into teams of three or so. Then we're good to go!

Check out this little guy: Supercruise, VTOL bomber, Carries a guided missle that can be launched without even touching down (missile not included, it's KW). Missile is on a robot hinge so is launched at ~45 degrees from the aircraft. Thanks to B9 invisi-struts, it is rated to 7g, but can survive stints up to 9g. Cost is about 100k in MCE.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xmwcsgky5ovkbnw/AABhuVC70wTveMW5ezuOTJcVa

Edited by horndgmium

Is there going to be a limit on the number of bases? It just looks very profitable to spam them.

Awww... That was going to be my strategy. Anyway, I propose having a "diminishing returns" type of thing, where the mores bases you have the less each base gives you, calculated separately for Kerbin and the Mun.

Bases (double for the Mun):

1-5 bases: $250M/wk each

6-10 bases: $200M/wk each

. . .

21-25: $50M/wk each

26+: $10M/wk each

Orbital stations (calculated separately for Kerbin and the Mun, but otherwise no bonus for being in Mun SOI):

1-5: $100M/wk each

6-10: $50M/wk each

11-15: $25M/wk each

16+: $15M/wk each

@WH40k: I haven't seen anything unusual, but I use Firefox. Is the folder or the site being blocked?

Edit: Found the problem: The link in the main post is truncated.

It should be .../download/fs4mbk00gvl4h6s/GameData.zip

Instead, it's .../download/fs...s/GameData.zip

@Horn: What's the bomber's range and cruising speed? Also, can you fix the link?

Edited by QuesoExplosivo

Fixed it, that's my bad, I just copy-pasted the link from your post and it was truncated there. But I like your system of diminishing returns, and I will update the OP to reflect.

I don't quite know those yet though (I'll test the bomber later!).

Added diminishing returns. It's slightly faster than linearly diminishing, the budget increase brackets stay the same, but the amount of bases for meeting each bracket expands by one. Do you think it would be a good idea to do that with the kills/destruction as well?

Also, do you guys think it would be a good idea to impose a limit on the amount of crafts you may recover per week?

Here's a bit of FOB MK1 testing, a 48T, 147 part armored probe core :) Are you counting struts as parts?

That thing is amazing... Now that this is turn-based, the part limits might increase, but struts will still count as part because otherwise you would have to count.

Edited by horndgmium

Horn, I will make my own team, called the Ãœber Empire(include the dots). Anyone who wants to join, come on in!

Does it work like there is teams, but red and blue are the 'ultimate' force here?

Also, Queso, the GameData folder is being blocked by Google Chrome for malicious software.

Same happend here... I just disabled chromes malware detection, then re enabled it after download.

Next time I am on, I will have Norton scan it. I am confident it is just a false positive, because as we all know KSP is a pretty safe game in terms of computer safety, same can be said about mods.

Also, I don't think progress will go much faster unless more refs are introduced. Is it okay if I play and ref? (I won't judge anything based off favoritism)

Edited by Uberlyuber
typo D:

Hey Red! We need to make a group skype chat or something to discuss our base location. If you haven't already seen, my skype name is WH40krules.

Also, does a rocket pod count as one missile or seven?

Edited by WH40krules

Hey Red! We need to make a group skype chat or something to discuss our base location. If you haven't already seen, my skype name is WH40krules.

Also, does a rocket pod count as one missile or seven?

I'd say one, as you cant launch them individually.

Yeah: red, then blue, then Ãœber Empire to pick(do you want a different color?).

As long as you're not guiding each missile then you're good!

(someone better choose Kodiak because it's the coolest - I see the missile launch site almost every day from work)

Blue is supposed to pick after Red, and I have different ideas for Blue's base.

(Sigh) no, I meant for my new team (see my other post)

@horn ok, well if CC is still available after everything, I may choose it. I will have to consider defensiveness as well... in the meantime I will choose purple as my team color.

The Ãœber Empire is now accepting black market exchanges! Also, we are allowing pretty much everyone to join at will, come on, the ÃœE needs you!

Edited by Uberlyuber

Because Horn has internet issues, and we haven't asked anyone to host the server. Like maybe Majir? (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.)

I may be able to nag my dad into setting up a server, he has quite a few and a tiny virtual game server would do naaathin' to his stuff.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.