JoolPlus: Kopernicus Edition [ALPHA RELEASE!]

Sylandro

0RUe58R.png

I'm currently re-working the JoolPlus planets and Moons into Kopernicus, like i promised. And there will be new moons for Wexx, too! Here's some screenshots!

WD1oU1Y.png

yJUqBWp.png

U3lZLjJ.png

ZPhdUkd.png

Augustus is also helping with me, so i could get some stuff done.

CHANGELOG:

Kopernicus Alpha 2.5: Higher gravity well for Wexx and a new, reworked Ioryon.

Kopernicus Alpha 2: Various fixes, new textures for Manley and Cyrion and the two moons are finally landable!

Kopernicus Alpha 1: Initial release of JoolPlus: Kopernicus Edition

Early Beta 2: Forun and Wexx and it's moons are added.

Early Beta 1: Initial release.

DOWNLOAD (Highly experimental! Beware!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p0l6mr2yo2eeaxq/JoolPlusKopernicusEdition.zip?dl=0

THANKS TO:

_Augustus_, for helping me squash some bugs and he also helped move the normals to where they belong.

CREATIVE COMMONS LICENSE

(In the process of getting a new one)

JoolPlus by Sylandro is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.

Edited by Sylandro

New development screenshots! With the new logo!

2s8gqpu.png

Wexx, a new gas giant in the Kerbol System!

96dtgj.png

Forun, the outermost moon of Jool, farther out than Kallipo and has a high inclination and has a atmosphere!

Not bad, I like these, though sadly I don't have enough RAM to run PF CE.

If you have alot of mods installed, you should remove those mods, so that you have enough RAM to run this mod and PlanetFactory CE.

The new version of this mod will be released when i add the finishing touches to Wexx and add one more moon to it.

New development screenshots! With the new logo!

http://i58.tinypic.com/2s8gqpu.png

Wexx, a new gas giant in the Kerbol System!

http://i59.tinypic.com/96dtgj.png

Forun, the outermost moon of Jool, farther out than Kallipo and has a high inclination and has a atmosphere!

anyways, im not sure if Jool needs any more large atmospheric moons, some more small moons (Dres size and smaller) would be nice. Perhaps you could make Forun a new moon of Wexx; sorta like a Titan analogue

anyways, im not sure if Jool needs any more large atmospheric moons, some more small moons (Dres size and smaller) would be nice. Perhaps you could make Forun a new moon of Wexx; sorta like a Titan analogue

Yes please, 1/4 grav but 4X atmo density! And EVE + BA would make it perfect, just a permanent cloud cover.

DP - New version is kinda released, images of the new moons and the new Gas Giant is up. I'm just waiting for the new version to finish downloading on Dropbox, so everyone; all aboard the hype train!

I'm working on the new version as i'm typing this, and i can say, that a new moon for Wexx has been added and Forun's orbit has been changed from Jool to Wexx. And it's less inclined.

I think I know why parachutes don't work on Belenus. In your description, you said Belenus had a thin atmosphere, however in the game description, it says Belenus doesnt even have an atmosphere. Ive heard a couple of other modders who add planets/moons and have encountered similar problems w/ atmospheric planets

Also im not sure where Jool's roche limit is but im pretty sure Stratos is within it and plus it seems unrealistically large to be that close to Jool. Perhaps you could shrink it down (to Duna size) or place it farther from Jool

Edited by tychochallenge

I think I know why parachutes don't work on Belenus. In your description, you said Belenus had a thin atmosphere, however in the game description, it says Belenus doesnt even have an atmosphere. Ive heard a couple of other modders who add planets/moons and have encountered similar problems w/ atmospheric planets

Also im not sure where Jool's roche limit is but im pretty sure Stratos is within it and plus it seems unrealistically large to be that close to Jool. Perhaps you could shrink it down (to Duna size) or place it farther from Jool

Belenus's atmosphere is similar to Duna's in height.

Stratos will get a size cut, and i'll see if i can actually orbit it.

I tried crashing a probe into Belenus and it encountered absolutely NO atmospheric resistance

Did you include the KittopiaTech Ingame Planetary Editing Tools? As i remember, atmosperic re-entry on Belenus begins very close to the surface, if you deorbit something at a low orbit.

Speaking of Belenus....

e0sl20.png

Thanks, and now enjoy your colored atmospheres for Belenus and Forun and rings!

Unfortunately, I am doing a Scott Manley 'Interstellar Quest' style career and I just sent out my first interplanetary probe to Duna so it'll be a while till I can actually get out there, but in the meantime Ill definitely explore them (and crash into them) in sandbox. I really like where this mod is going :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.