The Ãœber Meta Forum Challenge

This challenge is to see who the Kerballers are among us.I know there are some superstars, but I want to see who is the most Kerbal among all the Kerbal-kind!

The challenge is pretty self-explanatory. Most of the things you can get points for can be found on your profile page in any of the subsections, specifically, about me. Much of the relevant information can be found on the left side of your profile page as well. If you have gained an award, it will be listed alongside your name on the leaderboard.

Rules

1. You may submit a score for only yourself and no other forum member.

2. If you enact behavior intended to raise your score rather than contribute to forum content, you will be removed and/or banned from the leaderboard.

3. Because scores will likely increase the longer you have an account, you may resubmit your score twice per month for as long as you have an account.

4. If at any time you gain a new award, reply, and it will be added next to your name on the leaderboard.

5. When saying you achieved an award, I'd like for you to post a link to the content that has gained you the award, but this is not necessary (it's just nice to see your awesome content!).

6. Have fun!

+20 points for having an account

+10 points for taking part in this challenge

+25 points for having an image for your account, double points for a .gif

+200 points for each full year you have been a member.

+50 points for each friend you have on the forum

+25 points for each blog entry

+1 point for each forum post you have made

+your number of posts per day multiplied by 100

+25 points for each article you have posted

+20 for each thread you start that gets at least two replies

+5 points for each point of reputation you have accumulated

+0.5 points for each visit to your page

Awards

Greenhorn - Started playing KSP .23 or later.

Missing Link - Started playing KSP between, and not including .18 and .23.

Well-Seasoned - Started playing KSP .18 or earlier. Excluded from Greenhorn.

Back in My Day - Started playing KSP .12 or earlier. Excluded from previous two awards.

Potentially a Dinosaur - Have played KSP since 0.7. Excluded from previous three awards.

Mod Madness Level n - gain this award for having published mods, where n is the amount of mods that you have published

Notorious - Get at least 500 Rep

Meta Forum Challenge Meta Points Award - Get 10,000 points in this challenge

Godlike - Get 20,000 points in this challenge

Center of attention - Have at least 5000 profile views

Trend Setter - Start a showcase that gets at least 100 replies and/or 10,000 views

Precision Engineering - Start a thread for your crafts that gets at least 1000 views/10 replies

Shut Up and Take My Money - Have a successful company in Rocket Builders (can be either featured in the Rocket Builders compilation sticky or gain 10,000 views and/or 100 replies)

Olympian - Have a top 3 standing for a challenge with at least 15 entries

Meta Olympian - Have a top three standing in this challenge

Chatty Cathy - Make at least 5 posts/day

Velcro - Get a thread stickied

Knowledge - Pass It On - Submit a tutorial to the "Tutorials" subsection, youtube, or any other place that has been helpful to KSP players

Contributor - Make at least 1000 posts/replies

I Have a Lot to Say - Make at least 5000 posts/replies. Exempt from Contributor award.

Kerbal Moonlighting - Work in the Aerospace Industry

Just Getting Started - Log at least 500 hours on KSP

I Played KSP Once - Log at least 1000 hours on KSP. Exempt from Just Getting Started Award.

Better than MechJeb - Log at least 2500 hours on KSP. Exempt from the previous two awards.

I Survived the Forum Massacre - Self-explanatory

Plain Bagel - If you have never played with mods (yes, that includes MechJeb)

Screenshots are for Wimps - Have a YouTube channel with at least 10 subscribers

Well-Rounded - Have a completely filled out forum profile page

Heating Up - Start a thread (not craft-related) that gets 1000 views and/or 10 replies.

Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield - Start a thread that gets at least 10,000 views and/or 100 replies. Excludes you from the Heating Up award.

Virus Spreader - Start a thread that gets 100,000 views and/or 1000 replies. Excluded from Heating up and the Probably Should've Bought a Heat Shield award.

I'm Kind of a Big Deal - Start a thread that gets at least 500,000 views and/or 5000 replies. May not achieve the previous four awards.

Probably a Robot - Start a thread that gets at least 1,000,000 views and/or 10,000 replies. Excluded from the previous four awards.

Forum Master Level n - Start multiple threads (>1) that get at least 10,000 views and/or 100 comments, where n is the number of threads that meet this criteria.

Peace keeper - Be a forum moderator

I Made This! - Be a KSP dev

Scott Manley Achievement Award - Be Scott Manley

Knight in Shining Armor - Get one of your threads featured

Kerbalicized -Start at least one thread in each subforum

Literally Impossible - get all but 5 awards (does not count wards that you are excluded from achieving)

(Feel free to send me suggestions for awards)

Leaderboard

1. Zekes - 13,568.5 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned, Meta Forum Challenge Meta Points Award, Center of Attention, Trend Setter, Precision Engineering, Shut Up and Take My Money, Olympian, Meta Olympian, Velcro, Contributor, Better than MechJeb, I Survived the Forum Massacre, Screenshots are for Wimps, Virus Spreader, Forum Master Level 4, Knight in Shining Armor.

2. Regex - 9,804 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned, Mod Madness Level 4, Center of Attention, Chatty Cathy, Contributor, I Played KSP Once, Virus Spreader, Knight in Shining Armor.

3. Spartwo - 7,245 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned, Trend Setter, Precision Engineering, Chatty Cathy, Contributor, I Played KSP Once, I Played KSP Once, Virus Spreader, and Forum Master Level 2, Screenshots are for Wimps.

4. 5thHorseman - 7,037 points. Awards: Mod Madness Level 2, Chatty Cathy, Contributor, Just Getting Started, Screenshots are for Wimps.

5. Red Iron Crown - 6,816 points. Awards: Back in My Day, Contributor, Better than MechJeb, I Survived the Forum Massacre, Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield.

6. Mr Shifty - 6,545 points. Awards: Missing Link, Mod Madness Level 1, Trend Setter, Knowledge - Pass It On, Contributor, Virus Spreader, Forum Master Level 5.

7. SkyRender - 5,527 points. Awards: Back in My Day, Olympian, Knowledge - Pass It On, Contributor, Better than MechJeb, I Survived the Forum Massacre, Well-Rounded, Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield, Forum Master Level 4, Knight in Shining Armor.

8. Xeldrak - 4,891 points. Awards: Precision Engineering, Olympian, Well-Seasoned, Just Getting Started, I'm Kind of a Big Deal, Forum Master Level 12.

9. The Jedi Master - 4,749 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned,Velcro, Contributor, I Played KSP Once, Screenshots are for Wimps.

10. Xacktar - 4,238 points. Awards: Greenhorn, Velcro, Just Getting Started, Screenshots are for Wimps, Well-Rounded, Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield.

11. Bioman222 - 3,679.5 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned, Precision Engineering, I Survived the Forum Massacre, Well-Rounded, Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield, Forum Master level 2.

12. Rainbowtrout - 3,036 points. Awards: Missing Link, Just Getting Started, Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield, Forum Master Level 1, Peace Keeper.

13. Pecan - 2,120 points. Awards: Knowledge - Pass It On, Just Getting Started.

14. Avera9eJoe - 2016.5 points.

15. Horndgmium - 1,830.5 points. Awards: Just Getting Started, Probably Should've Bought a Heat Shield.

16. Epthelyn - 1,557 points. Awards: Heating Up, Well-Seasoned.

17. Cmdr. Arn1e - 1159 points. Awards: Just Getting Started, Well-Rounded, Missing Link.

18. Megalodon 720 - 853 points. Awards: Mod Madness level 1, Precision Engineering, Potentially a Dinosaur, Screenshots are for Wimps, Heating Up.

19. [ELF] - 674 points. Awards: Well-Seasoned, Knowledge - Pass It On, I Played KSP Once, I Survived the Forum Massacre, Heating Up.

20. ThatGalaxyMan - 212 points. Awards: Greenhorn, Kerbal Moonlighting.

Edited by horndgmium

I think this belongs in the forum games area tbh, as it's more of a challenge based on the forum itself rather than in-game...

Think it's cool though, think there will be a few who are way up there... think Salvager might be in the lead on certain things though!

+20 points for having an account

+10 points for taking part in this challenge

+25 points for having an image for your account.

+200 points one full year (joined Apr 2013)

+350 = 7x50 points for friends

+50 points for two blow entries

+752 points for posts

+179 points for 1.79 Posts Per Day

+340 Threads started with at least two replies

+830 = 166x5

+2135 points for 4,271 visits to my profile page

------------------------------------

4891 points

Awards:

Precision Engineering

Olympian

Just Getting Started (728 h according to steam)

I'm Kind of a Big Deal

Forum Master Level 12(I have 12 - do I get something extra?)

Edited by Xeldrak

EDIT: Aha! I found my rep score. It's 444

Some information on how you find some of this information would be helpful.

+20 points for having an account Uhhhh. I guess I got this one :D +20

+10 points for taking part in this challenge Score! +10

+25 points for having an image for your account, double points for a .gif So I lost 25 points because I refuse to annoy people with an animated gif? Oh well whatever. +25

+200 points for each full year you have been a member. - Almost! I'll have 200 points in less than a month.

+50 points for each friend you have on the forum +200 points for this. I don't know really the purpose of the friend system here other than being nice.

+25 points for each blog entry - I'm too busy to blog on the specific site for a game I play.

+1 point for each forum post you have made +2383 :)

+your number of posts per day multiplied by 100 100*7.05 = 705.

+25 points for each article you have posted - I didn't even know what this was.

+20 for each thread you start that gets at least two replies 19*20=380

+5 points for each point of reputation you have accumulated 444*5=2220

+0.5 for each visit to your page 2188/2=1094

So I have 20+10+25+200+2383+705+380+2220+1094 points.

That's 7037. What do I win?

And here are my awards:

Mod Madness Level 2 - gain this award for having published mods, where n is the amount of mods that you have published

Not sure this counts. I've "published" 2 modman configs. They're really, super unpopular.

Easy peasy

Again, easy.

Just Getting Started - Log at least 500 hours on KSP

I have this or "KSP Once", but I don't play on Steam so can't know how much I've played. I think a couple hours a day for over 300 days is reasonable, so 1000 is possible but over 500 is assured.

Screenshots are for wimps - Have a YouTube channel with at least 10 subscribers

Done. Hope to have 1000 subscribers by the end of summer.

Edited by 5thHorseman

+your number of posts per day multiplied by 100 - I couldn't find this info...

On your profile, 'about me' tab, statistics section at the bottom - should have total posts then posts per day.

Updated OP! Ha Xeldrak, Greenhorn is only for people who started playing ksp in .23 or .235, so unfortunately you don't get that or well-seasoned. It's kind of an effort to keep people from getting way too many awards.

Also, I think the point system is working out okay!

@5thHorseman: haha I don't know! Mad props?

Edited by horndgmium

On your profile, 'about me' tab, statistics section at the bottom - should have total posts then posts per day.

Sweet thanks. For some reason I thought that was a filter button for recent posts :D

It said 7.05 so I updated my post, knocking off 2 points. OH THE KERMANITY

Interesting 'challenge' :D

Mine:

Have account: +20

Taking part: +10

Years: 1 => +200

Friends: 1 => +50

Posts per day = (445/419)*100 => 106(.2)

Started Threads = 3 with at least 2 replies => 60

Reputation = 5*36 => 180

Visits = 0.5*972 => 486

=1557

Awards:

Heating Up, Well Seasoned*

*'Lost' account from then last April (it still exists, but I made this one with my new screenname instead), played since at least 0.17 (Last account started 12th Aug 2012)

Edited by Epthelyn

Well, here's my score:

20 pts for having acount

10 pts for entering challenge

25 pts for having image

200 pts for having been in this for 1 year (almost 2, though)

300 pts for having 6 friends

25 pts for one blog entry

794 pts for 794 posts

111 pts for 1.11 average posts a day

240 pts for 12 threads each with at least 2 replies

50 pts for 10 rep

1904.5 pstsfor having 3,809 total views on my profile (I didn't know I was THAT popular!

All of which ads up to a whopping (drum roll please) 3,679.5 points!

Also, these are the awards I have.

Well-Seasoned

Precision Engineering

I survived the Forum massacre

Well-Rounded

Probably Should've bought a heat sheild

Forum Master level 2

With the OP changes I'm confused as to whether I should have 'Precision Engineering' or 'Nice Guy' - for the thread in my signature. Of the two, I'd prefer the former, it sounds like I know what I'm doing!

Since we have 'Screenshots are for wimps' for video-makers how about 'Videos are for the easily-distracted' for those of us who have written more than the usual 'post' length (kidding).

With the OP changes I'm confused as to whether I should have 'Precision Engineering' or 'Nice Guy' - for the thread in my signature. Of the two, I'd prefer the former, it sounds like I know what I'm doing!

Since we have 'Screenshots are for wimps' for video-makers how about 'Videos are for the easily-distracted' for those of us who have written more than the usual 'post' length (kidding).

Well i think that your tutorial is more of that than a thread for your crafts... either way its up to you. Plus, you can rename the Nice Guy if you want?

Haha, that's good though, maybe 'ADD-inducing poster'. But whats a good way to make a quantitative length requirement?

Edited by horndgmium

You are right that the craft in my tutorial series are merely examples to illustrate the design points and mission-structure as the campaign develops. I'm pretty relaxed about things and don't expect to appear on the leader-board much longer anyway :-) There are so many more deserving.

I haven't a clue about the length award, to be honest - there will always be edge-cases and grey-areas. There are some fairly long and detailed single-post tutorials that I think should qualify, let alone those series like Tex_NL's which should definitely be in there. Lol, I abstain - it's your thread!

Hmm, a challenge that doesn't require skill, count me in. :)

20 +20 points for having an account

10 +10 points for taking part in this challenge

25 +25 points for having an image for your account, double points for a .gif

400 +200 points for each full year you have been a member.

100 +50 points for each friend you have on the forum

0 +25 points for each blog entry

2573 +1 point for each forum post you have made

289 +your number of posts per day multiplied by 100

0 +25 points for each article you have posted

420 +20 for each thread you start that gets at least two replies (May be inaccurate, I seem to only be able to view 22 of 37 threads I've started)

2115 +5 points for each point of reputation you have accumulated

864 +0.5 points for each visit to your page

Total: 6816

Awards:

Back in My Day

Contributor

Better than MechJeb (I think, I don't log hours but it seems reasonable)

I Survived the Forum Massacre

Probably Should've Brought a Heat Shield - Confess your KSP sins

Edited by Red Iron Crown
Added link to high view count thread.

I shall brag of my forum prowess **** poasting:

20 = +20 points for having an account

10 = +10 points for taking part in this challenge

25 = +25 points for having an image for your account, double points for a .gif

50 = +50 points for each friend you have on the forum

0 = +25 points for each blog entry

2773 = +1 point for each forum post you have made

762 = +your number of posts per day multiplied by 100

0 = +25 points for each article you have posted

560 = +20 for each thread you start that gets at least two replies

2475 = +5 points for each point of reputation you have accumulated

2929 = +0.5 points for each visit to your page

Total = 9604

Awards:

Well-Seasoned - Started playing KSP .17

Mod Madness Level 4 - 4 actually published, original author of PreciseNode, also contributor to RSS.

Center of attention - have at least 5000 profile views

I Played KSP Once - Log at least 1000 hours on KSP. No real record, but I've been playing pretty heavily since 0.20.

Virus Spreader - Start a thread that gets 100,000 views and/or 1000 replies. I started this thread.

Dubious:

Knight in Shining Armor - Get a thread featured in "Threads of the Month". Does a Modding Mondays entry count?

Tomorrow I get more points:

+200 points for each full year you have been a member.

Haha, Regex I gave you the 200 anyway. And updated the op so now that last one isn't so dubious! But having 9804 points might still be saddening because you get a new award at 10k :P.

@Red Iron Crown: challenges without skill are definitely the best ha they're so fast but you still get to win!

Updated OP. New: Meta Olympian award, and other awards were slightly tweaked to minimize uncertainty.

Edited by horndgmium

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.