The Official Kerbin Cup Tournament Thread - Final Entries Posted

Rowsdower

Rowsdower, when you post all the pictures sent, do it with big formats!, lots of details to be appreciated :D

And, if we happen to have an album, could we link it next to our picture?, or in another post?

I'm so excited :D

m1sz said:
Rowsdower, when you post all the pictures sent, do it with big formats!, lots of details to be appreciated :D

And, if we happen to have an album, could we link it next to our picture?, or in another post?

I'm so excited :D

I was under the impression that the images would not be identifiable, to give everyone a fair go- the image must be judged on its merit, not the team's own hype. Plus, if all the images, including the reddit ones are going to be here, if theirs are identifiable, they will also be judged with bias.

But I may be misinterpreting.

Nevertheless, the Jedi Team will have both concepts that didn't get used, and full albums in our promotional thread once it is acceptable for us to do so.

5NW6gg7m.png

↑ Click here for awesomes ↑
Edited by Tw1
nostalgia

Nevertheless, the Jedi Team will have both concepts that didn't get used, and full albums in our promotional thread once it is acceptable for us to do so.

Our team is planning to do so as well. We have had some good stuff to choose from and some hilarious disasters. (of course!)

I was under the impression that the images would not be identifiable, to give everyone a fair go- the image must be judged on its merit, not the team's own hype. Plus, if all the images, including the reddit ones are going to be here, if theirs are identifiable, they will also be judged with bias.

But I may be misinterpreting.

Yes, that's correct.

I would imagine that once voting closes for a particular round that additional pictures or video of entries for that round wouldn't be a problem.

No, that won't be a problem.

wait, so we will do the voting without knowing who made the entry???, that's interesting!, we had a video ready to promote our cup!!, it's a shame, Wooks put a lot of effort in that video, where we all colaborate in our own way!

Anyway, we're confident our design is good enough but it's own, we don't need advertising (I HOPE :P)

Presumably there also has to be a "no signatures" rule on the contest entries. Otherwise flags, arranged lights, etc could give it away.

Yes. I saw the sans identification clause of the rules on Wednesday, and we had to re-design a bit.

So whats the deal? I wanna see this stuff before I head out for real world fun. Else I'm gonna be checking my phone at the bar, and thats distracting, there's foxy ladies there. Pop those ma's in an album and show us the goods.

Edited by clown_baby

The deadlines are up, right? At least I saw something on Twitter some time ago saying they were!

Fine, fine, I'll be patient. :)

Yeah an hour ago. It's cool, you guys should enjoy these extra few minutes before your mind's literally implode from the awesomeness of our submission

4. You must not talk about your work or reveal your work to the community until we unveil it and make it open for votes.

If the entrants start talking about their work when it's still open for voting, it will be easy to determine which entries belong to the forum and reddit. How will we know that those heathens at reddit aren't secretly voting in a block for their entries?

I think the best entry should win, I'd hate it if a better entry loses out because of political voting. Much as I am dying to see and hear about the entries, I think it might be bad to have the entrants discussing them before voting closes.

I don't think calling our creation awesome is going to give away which one it is, I assume they all are. But I'm with you on the voting thing.

edit: Oh I see what your saying. I also agree that we shouldn't be able to talk about them til after the voting closes. My understanding was that was the rule, not once it was open for votes.

Edited by clown_baby

Red Iron Crown said:

I think the best entry should win, I'd hate it if a better entry loses out because of political voting. Much as I am dying to see and hear about the entries, I think it might be bad to have the entrants discussing them before voting closes.

We've all got to be proper gentlekerbs, and keep quiet until it's done, but if we find the reddit entries, (or forum entries for that matter) get vastly more votes, that could be a sign that something is up.I hope this is not the case, and it all runs smoothly.

Also, will the poll only be on the forums, or will there be a Reddit one also?

5NW6gg7m.png

↑ Click here for awesomes ↑

Edited by Tw1
nostalgia

While we talk about rules, rule number 5 should also be addressed:

5. Voting will close at the time a new challenge is posted and eliminations have been announced.

I think voting should close before the eliminations have been announced, since that way there's some time in between getting all the numbers sorted out and actually posting the results.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.