[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

I HAD to say it, didn't i? just opened the game and this happened, the capsule sizes are all weird... (i have tweakscale, but didn't use on this craft)

http://i.imgur.com/ymr0dhu.jpg

im having the same problem went to the moon's orbit with the capsule.

than i went to do something else,came back to the capsule and the size was smaller,i don't even have tweakscale installed.

Logs please.

Logs please.

It will not show up on logs. It's an error that appears when your root part uses MODEL [ ] and has a RescaleFactor other than 1. Upon reloading, it resets to a rescaleFactor of 1, and the visible model shrinks.

The fix is this. Include the lines scale= 1.25,1.25,1.25 inside the MODEL brackets, multiply all node positions by 1.25, and include the line rescaleFactor=1.0 in the file as well.

It will not show up on logs. It's an error that appears when your root part uses MODEL [ ] and has a RescaleFactor other than 1. Upon reloading, it resets to a rescaleFactor of 1, and the visible model shrinks.

The fix is this. Include the lines scale= 1.25,1.25,1.25 inside the MODEL brackets, multiply all node positions by 1.25, and include the line rescaleFactor=1.0 in the file as well.

Hmm, that is probably it, I'll fix that asap.

Hmm, that is probably it, I'll fix that asap.

Ah, I learnt this the hard way too :(

Future tip: Model in in-game scale in your modelling software (I.E. 1.25m rather than 1m, 2.5m rather than 2m, etc...).

Since the bug causes the rescaleFactor to jump to 1, if the model is already created at a 1:1 scale, the bug will not be visible.

Version 0.4.1 is available on KerbalStuff.

-Fixed scaling issues

Is the Cargo Dragon coming along, or are you taking a break from working on it?

I kind of lost interest in that and I wanted to work on other parts. There's a really cool cargo dragon that ctn made though! :)

so i don't understand this issue at all,do i have to do something in the files?or i need to redownload the mod?

It's something with the rescale option in the cfg. Just download 0.4.1 and that should fix it. :)

I kind of lost interest in that and I wanted to work on other parts.

;.;:( No, you've gotta bring it back! That's what I was most excited about! Take some time off for other things, sure of course, but bring back the cargo Dragon!

;.;:( No, you've gotta bring it back! That's what I was most excited about! Take some time off for other things, sure of course, but bring back the cargo Dragon!

I'll think about it, I might redo it after the probe pack is done.

Could you make a optional version of the Rodan that fits the Clamp-o-Tron from Ven's Stock Revamp? Since it kinda pokes out.

I'm not entirely sure how that would work since I couldn't really resize it or it will be too large and it was designed for the stock docking port. :P

So from a quick test, this seems to work on 1.0.4 as far as I can tell. Rosetta and Philae are coming along pretty nicely. I'm currently planning on what the parts will be and how I want it to look. LADEE had a little better planning than Rosetta and Philae. :P

this mod looks great. i will use it!!!

Thanks!

wow nice. Just in time as I have prepared modules for my Munar station. Seems like I'll just need to squeeze in one extra docking port to accommodate both crew and cargo ships at the same time

Looking forward to the cargo dragon!

While Laztek's parts look amazing, it doesn't feel quite right to use an exact replica in KSP. The Rodan however fits perfectly (hence it being stockalike :D) and will probably become the only pod I use, along with the Cargo Rodan, once I unlock it/them in my career! Keep up the good work!

Could you make an easier way to load cargo into the trunk? Like a payload rack that fits into it?

I could, do you have any idea what the design would be?

Looking forward to the cargo dragon!

While Laztek's parts look amazing, it doesn't feel quite right to use an exact replica in KSP. The Rodan however fits perfectly (hence it being stockalike :D) and will probably become the only pod I use, along with the Cargo Rodan, once I unlock it/them in my career! Keep up the good work!

Thanks and welcome to the forums! Glad to hear you're enjoying my addon. :)

just out of curiosity, do you plan to make only Falcon 9 v1.0 (from screen you just posted) which is now retired IRL or do you plan to make both v1.0 and v1.1 which has more powerful engines that are also arranged differently?

500px-Falcon_9_v1.0_and_v1.1_engine.svg.png

just out of curiosity, do you plan to make only Falcon 9 v1.0 (from screen you just posted) which is now retired IRL or do you plan to make both v1.0 and v1.1 which has more powerful engines that are also arranged differently?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/Falcon_9_v1.0_and_v1.1_engine.svg/500px-Falcon_9_v1.0_and_v1.1_engine.svg.png

I'll probably do the newest one which I think is the second pic. That was just an early render and most the pics on google had them arranged like the first pic.

I'll probably do the newest one which I think is the second pic. That was just an early render and most the pics on google had them arranged like the first pic.

It's called Falcon 9 v1.1, which also had both stages stretched. Falcon 9 v1 (the original) flew five times before being retired.