Remembering Magic Boulder

bsalis

I don't think this has been talked about in a while, which is a shame. So I thought I would start a post about it. This is about our old friend, the Magic Boulder. For those that don't know, it was an easter egg that vanished from the game several versions ago. It most likely was accidental.

9320688714_d2b6488f1c_n.jpg

So, does anyone have any fond memories of Magic Boulder?

Does anyone think it should be added back into the game?

Does anyone think it will return?

Edited by bsalis

Magic boulder would make sense as one of plenty possible captured asteroids and minor moons that would orbit other planets (mostly gas giants), discovery mechanics and asteroids probably could allow to generate hundreds of asteroids and minor planets (fancy name for slightly bigger rock) orbiting all over the system, waiting to be discovered.

Now that would be good. Squad announce that .24 includes a new Magic Boulder, somewhere within 150 Gm of the Sun, and the community are challenged to find it. And of course it's been implemented so it can't be easily revealed by mods.

Now that would be good. Squad announce that .24 includes a new Magic Boulder, somewhere within 150 Gm of the Sun, and the community are challenged to find it. And of course it's been implemented so it can't be easily revealed by mods.

I guess You're asking for adding Russels teapot... ultimate challenge.

that would be awesome.

Yep, the Magic Boulder hunt was the hottest thread back then. I do remember a lot of people speculating about different versions of SSTV transmission decode and so on...

Good times. We all have enjoyed a lot the mystery sence created by NovaSilico around the Boulder...

Thanks all devs for this.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.