[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Tried to switch to a rocket in launchpad and back to orbit, but still same problem.

Really it seems the clipped atmosphere doesn't always occur but instead it depends on the orientation of the orbit and your position in it, so if you time warp the problem comes and goes. Also perhaps it only happens after switching vessels several times while in LEO.

PS: Tested between two sats in the same orbital inclination of the moon.

Did you do that before anything else, I.e as soon as you get to the space center or going into space on first load?

Did you do that before anything else, I.e as soon as you get to the space center or going into space on first load?

I think it happens on both cases, if you launch from ground to space and switch vessels or if you go directly to vessel in LEO and switch.

But of course you going to see it on the day side only, the clipping is almost as big as the planet, there's only atmosphere near the edge.

Tried to install RVE for 0.25, with not much success.

Got the same problem as JT2227... I think.

I installed EVE, installed the DDS plugin and I have RSS 8.2.1. Then I threw the RVE folder into gamedata and replaced the EVE config.

When I load the game the ground has no color, and the clouds seem to move way to fast, like when you just run EVE with RSS.

RVEissue.png

Edited by maccollo

Tried to install RVE for 0.25, with not much success.

Got the same problem as JT2227... I think.

I installed EVE, installed the DDS plugin and I have RSS 8.2.1. Then I threw the RVE folder into gamedata and replaced the EVE config.

Have you tried doing what Chris P. did and removing ATM and BoulderCo ? I might try that tonight.

I had that clipping problem too as you can see below:

GfDiH45.png

That's such a beautiful sunrise.(Going to try the flare next week). And the sun reflection is AMAZING!

I fixed it by pausing the game, opening the EVE panel and applying all the settings(clouds, city lights and so on) from there while on the launchpad. This fixed the clipping problem. But then two new ones arose:

1. The entire sky above the vehicle was 100% covered in clouds and lagged the game quite terribly.

2. Similarly, the cloud textures from orbit looked great, but directly underneath the spacecraft there was a big circle(1000km radius approx. visually) on the ground which was 100% cloud cover as well and caused some lag too.

NOTE: I haven't tried the newest versions and this was on Tuesday(2nd Dec.) Will try new version tonight.

Edited by ANWRocketMan

I'm too stupid to figure out how to download from github, can someone explain so an idiot non-programmer like me can understand it?

the only link I can find downloads some master file that I don't know what to do with.

scratch that, nevermind

Edited by MartGonzo

It's worth noting that despite what it says, it really needs RSS 8.3. :)

ah yeas I did forget to mention I updated to 8.3. though I really didn't think it'd make that much difference.

Try these things:

-Remove Boulderco textures entirely, all BC textures are provided in RVE folder.

-Make sure E.V.E .dll's are from the latest 'overhaul' branch of rbrays overhaul on github (should say last updated ~9days ago-recent)

-Before going into space-vehicle view, launch something from KSC first (not necessary into orbit but just to the Launchpad or Runway)

-8K textures won't work, maybe try resizing, sorry have a TON of stuff I need to do IRL atm, probably won't be free to mod until the 12th :(

I also thought I removed volumetric clouds for the time being because of this glitch, maybe that wasn't actually uploaded to Git though..? I'll check now

EDIT: I just fixed a typo which may/probably was causing volumetric appearing not under cloud mask.

Edited by pingopete

ah yeas I did forget to mention I updated to 8.3. though I really didn't think it'd make that much difference.

Try these things:

-Remove Boulderco textures entirely, all BC textures are provided in RVE folder.

-Make sure E.V.E .dll's are from the latest 'overhaul' branch of rbrays overhaul on github (should say last updated ~9days ago-recent)

-Before going into space-vehicle view, launch something from KSC first (not necessary into orbit but just to the Launchpad or Runway)

-8K textures won't work, maybe try resizing, sorry have a TON of stuff I need to do IRL atm, probably won't be free to mod until the 12th :(

I also thought I removed volumetric clouds for the time being because of this glitch, maybe that wasn't actually uploaded to Git though..? I'll check now

I had that glitch on an old version of RVE from several days ago. So it might be removed still.

Just an idle thought.... but with how the latest RVE is packaged, should we even install the BoulderCo folder from EVE?

No it's not necessary, also the sun isn't anywhere near that big in RSS, that's just the stock ksp sun flare, which RVE makes brighter. I provide an optional custom sunflare with RVE however that's more realistically sized :)

ALSO: CONGRATS NASA!! Awesome, picture perfect Orion mission today! Paving the way for future mars endeavors and displaying there competence in space flight in general! :D

Updated to RSS 8.3. It fixed the color at least, but now the space center is in a giant crater, and the ground texture is wrong. It seems to be loading the wrong textures.

*Oh and I did do a fresh install of RSS.

RVEissue2.png

Edited by maccollo

Could you make the sun bigger ?

Looks extremely promising for my planned Writing story.

@ANWRocketMan

This sun is way too big.

It's only too big if you don't use the new proper flare texture @pingopete posted. The increased flare size is designed for that.

Updated to RSS 8.3. It fixed the color at least, but now the space center is in a giant crater, and the ground texture is wrong. It seems to be loading the wrong textures.

*Oh and I did do a fresh install of RSS.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/22015656/RVEissue2.png

You are missing the terrain textures, check the dds loader and the new RSS DDS textures.

It looks like I'm gonna have to try a frsh install of RVE myself, sorry about this guys.

RVE folder should just sit in your gameData folder as is. Env..Vis..En. folder should also go there but that isn't essential just to correct the volumetric cloud separation distance.

You've got all the latest .Dll's for EVE right?

BoulderCo folder shouldn't be necessary except to hold the ATM configs.

I completely forgot to check back! Thank you so much for the help, Yes, I think I have the Dll's, So sorry for my ignorance!!! ALL HAIL DEAREST PINGOPETE!

I can confirm !!! works perfectly and is...

A W E S O M E !!! :confused:

Good Job Pete !! keep it

I completely forgot to check back! Thank you so much for the help, Yes, I think I have the Dll's, So sorry for my ignorance!!! ALL HAIL DEAREST PINGOPETE!

hahah sweet, what turned out to be the problem; RSS version? Glad to here it's working :)

I previously had problems with RVE, dont sure if RSS or EVE, but since CKAN all is ok... here my install order (with CKAN)

1º - Realism overaul (CKAN install all the required mods, Real Fuels, RSS, etc ) here i select 2048 for RSS textures

2º Some suggested mods for RO like KW Rocketry, Procedurals, etc )

3º Active Texture Managed in agressive mode :P (It will instal a BoulderCo folder with ATM configs)

4º EVE, latest overault version (X86.rar) "I ONLY INSTAL EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements folder with the plugin files, i DONT INSTALL theBoulderCo folder"

5º RVE, you last one (I reduce some 8192 textures to 4096 with photoshop to reduce memory issues)

Run !!

I love it XD

Edited by Montesky

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.