A few game-play fluidity suggestions.

Hi there

I'm doing a playthrough of a vanilla career mode and after a few days of heavy playing I have boiled some suggestions down to a couple. These are just minor annoyances that can easily be fixed I'm sure, and if a fix for these problems is out there or I am not doing something right be sure to let me know. I am new after all. So here they are.

1. Kerbals keep being reset after ever minor change on your craft or every transition between areas. Not that kerbals have much use at all but I enjoy using certain kerbals for certain missions and I cannot explain how many times I have found myself on the launch site with the default Jeb kerbal. This is especially a problem with certain parts like the mobile research station. Many times I have sent it up not realizing is has no crew. Yes I should get into the habit of launching after choosing crew but when you're popping in to add one strut to your craft you don't always think of these things again...perhaps once you save a craft the allocated kerbal can be saved in that slot too?

2. Setting off stages from the map mode. I do not have a beefy rig and the transition between flight and map mode is a little bumpy and laggy, I spend a lot of time in map mode doing my movements and while launching when I'm setting up the perfect orbit, it is a pain to "m" back, miss the stage and lose momentum. And please don't suggest Mechjeb ( I think thats the name) because not everyone likes automation.

2 Small suggestions I have so far that have been bugging me enough to come and post a suggestion. Loving the game!

The kerbals thing bothers me as well, but I think I once read that no staging in map view is a deliberate game design choice to force people to use the craft view at all in space :)

How would building a space station help with that though? :P

Edit, you could install the kOS plugin and stage using that. That should work from map view as well.

Edited by the_bT

1. Your crew resets each time u make any change to the craft.

2. impossible as far as I know

2. Build a space station

I'm a bit confused at this tortoise?

I will look up the kOS plugin thanks the_bt.

If kOS looks a bit intimidating, you don't need to use most of it. You only need to open it's console and type "stage." and it will stage once. The kOS console window should be available in map view as well as in craft view.

I completely agree with you. I wish hyperedit had a crew option so I could just edit 2 guys into the science by once I was in orbit and swap Jeb for the guy I wanted on launch.

If you are okay with mods, I would suggest you look into Crew Manifest which allows you to at least swap people around on the launchpad (among other things), and Alternate Resource Panel which is great in its own right, but in addition allows staging in map mode. Neither is so big that it'd slow your system down I think and the quality of play improvements may be worth it.

I also use Kerbal Engineer Redux a lot and with it I almost never go to map mode on ascent. For me, it's worth it for that alone.

One of the biggest UI gripes I have with KSP at the moment is simply the inability to transition straight from from the VAB to the SPH and vice versa. Perhaps my geriatric Seagate 7200.10s are part of the problem; having to load the Space Centre scene each time I want to transfer sub-assemblies pains me somewhat.

Having shortcuts to each scene in every scene would make me happy. :o)

Edited by Excalibur

One of the biggest UI gripes I have with KSP at the moment is simply the inability to transition straight from from the VAB to the SPH and vice versa. Perhaps my geriatric Seagate 7200.10s are part of the problem; having to load the Space Centre scene each time I want to transfer sub-assemblies pains me somewhat.

Having shortcuts to each scene in every scene would make me happy. :o)

You should check out SceneJumper. Not only can you bounce from VAB to SPH, it brings your ship with you!

You might be aware of it then, but Editor Extensions also lets you toggle between VAB and SPH mode (it doesn't move *you*, the interior model doesn't change, but it switches symmetry mode from circular symmetry to mirrored and launch site from pad to runway).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.