New SpaceX Falcon launch... finally?

Streetwind

Just once. This was their first attempt for this launch :P

He's right, the launch has been delayed first fron may 30 (or sg) to june 16 and then to yesterday (20) and now until today(21). But one delay was because of the Orbcomm team.

Yay, another launch attempt! Third time's th- ABORT

But... The launch windows is still hours away... At least try SpaceX...

At least try(, if it fails you are only loosing a few million dollars and future customers will prefer using other launch providers due to the higher success rate).

If there is a potential concern, it should be eliminated by all means. Even if there is only a very slight chance something will go wrong, Murphy's law will apply at some point. Launching a few days later vs possibly loosing hundreds of millions is a pretty easy decision to me.

If I were Elon I'd scrub a launch if someone farted in the wrong direction. You can't blame them. Elon has his own multi million dollar rocket carrying SOMEONE ELSES multi million dollar satellite. You simply do not take any chances what so ever.

Err.. in December.

Now Angara.. that is a rocket that has suffered some delays.

Not quite: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Froscosmos.ru%2F20654%2F&edit-text=

Roscosmos states June 25th here for a first test launch. Though I suppose if you define "maiden flight" as "first regular launch with regular payload and mission objective" then this doesn't qualify.

it is getting pretty ridiculous...

I don't see what's ridiculous. It's not the first time a rocket has multiple scrubs. It's part of the business.

Launch fever has been the cause of many failures, including the loss of Challenger.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.