[v0.90/v.25]Transparent Pods v1.2.2 for KSP v0.90

nli2work

Ah Retro Future. Responsible for reigniting my passion for KSP around the 400 hour mark. About the same time I DL'ed FAR and got interested in atmospheric flight. Really there are no classy aircraft without Retro Future. And certainly no light cargo aircraft. STOL Transport are my game and Retro Future is the key. Patiently awaiting the v1.0 update; but running v0.9 until then.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,is it possible to add MODULE [TSTSpaceTelescope] from this mod to rfProbeCoreSmall?thank you

You can try

@PART[rfProbeCoreSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = TSTSpaceTelescope
maxZoom = 4
xmitDataScalar = 0.5
labBoostScalar = 1.2
baseTransformName = Telescope
cameraTransformName = CameraTransform
lookTransformName = LookTransform
}
}

You can try
@PART[rfProbeCoreSmall]
{
MODULE
{
name = TSTSpaceTelescope
maxZoom = 4
xmitDataScalar = 0.5
labBoostScalar = 1.2
baseTransformName = Telescope
cameraTransformName = CameraTransform
lookTransformName = LookTransform
}
}

I already tried that,i also tried to change camera transform names with transform name i used for VDS and RPM and read the whole 41 pages on old TST thread.

I hope nli2work have the right camera transform names to make it work.

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to have a slight problem with the mod.....

Whenever I load up the RetroFuture sample craft, they always seem to load up with parts missing from the wings. Not sure if this is to do with the pWings mod not working (Cant change shape of pWings parts either). I am running KSP 0.25 on Mac. If anyone has a similar problem or knows how to fix it plz help...... Thx

I seem to have a slight problem with the mod.....

Whenever I load up the RetroFuture sample craft, they always seem to load up with parts missing from the wings. Not sure if this is to do with the pWings mod not working (Cant change shape of pWings parts either). I am running KSP 0.25 on Mac. If anyone has a similar problem or knows how to fix it plz help...... Thx

Pwings isn't working with 1.0.x yet

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do you go about changing the attachment nodes? I installed and everything works fine except the nodes on the engines, im no good at modding or would do it myself.. But as for the rest of the mod, everything works fine.

How do you go about changing the attachment nodes? I installed and everything works fine except the nodes on the engines, im no good at modding or would do it myself.. But as for the rest of the mod, everything works fine.

It's a fairly standard change.

In the .cfg file for the engine will be a line for this, defining the location and direction for the attachment points.

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0

You'd fasten a decoupler to this node for staging. When v1.0 came out the spec had changed. The direction definition had changed

The revised line would be

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -0.125, 0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0

The original version would now have something attached to the bottom node pointing up. Changing the sign fixes that so the object attached will point down. You'll see how the first three numbers, the node location. are set in relation to the object centre, The polarity of the direction numbers now matches that for the location.

It can be done with a standard text editor, though Windows and Apple/Linux have slightly different End-of-Line markers. These files use Windows format so Notepad is fine. KSP itself doesn't care about such slight differences, but an Apple/Linux format can be hard to read under Windowsâ€â€the whole file looks like one line.

Usual rules, have the original zipfile in a safe place and work on the copy of the .cfg file. This is about as simple a change as you get. It'll work so that you can assemble something but some numbers were generally changed by Squad, such as the temperature limits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey guys, this mod already works for me in 1.04. The only issue i have is using KIS and KAS with it at the same time. If you link a vehicle with this pod and then unlink it, the monitors will glitch out. But otherwise its working fine for me.

Kind of ironic that it works for OopsThatNotWork. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
My only question is....do da engines work?

you may need to manually install the firespitter plugin

- - - Updated - - -

a simple fix is to set allow non sprcific nodse attachment in edditor

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know how to fix the fuel tanks?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 14/11/2015, 21:40:16, Kaname said:

Unfortunatly, yes.

no not really, just turn on non strict part attachment and it works almost flawlessly

how much permission would i need to get to make a repair for tthis mod or possibly repackage it?

44 minutes ago, amankd said:

how much permission would i need to get to make a repair for tthis mod or possibly repackage it?

By the license listed on the OP, looks like none... :)

But if you do take it over, at least without talking to the original owner, then it might be a good idea to name it with 'Redux', 'Continued', or V2' at the end of te title, to keep YOUR new version from getting confused and cross-linked with the original...

On 11/11/2015, 10:14:03, Kerenatus said:

Is this dead?

On 11/14/2015, 4:40:16, Kaname said:

Unfortunatly, yes.

no not really, just turn on non strict part attachment and it works almost flawlessly

And THIS is why i dont think its a good idea to just be declaring someone else's mod DEAD, when you are in no way officially connected with said mod, or have no source links to list saying WHY its dead...

Someone may ask about this mod, or bring it up again, where someone who can fix it can see it, but may not bother to, assuming its DEAD just become some Joe Shmoe declares it dead only due to inactivity or lack of recent updates...

Edited by Stone Blue

sorry folks. out of the loop.

please refer to this thread regarding new license

TL;DR: Credit me if you redistribute without modifications. Otherwise you don't have to credit me. No other restrictions in use, you can repackage, redistribute, modify, for commercial or non-commercial purposes. New CC-BY applies to TransparentPod and RF Mods, previously released under CC-BY-NC-SA. Basically everything I've ever done for KSP is now CC-BY. all source FBX and Unity assets are in the above thread.

im gonna go ahead and give this mod a revamp, from what i can tell the main issues are the node alignment needs flipping on some parts and the fuel switch is brocken (if i cant fix that i will just give them lf and oxi) ill keep you guys posted

if you spot any other bugs that need patching give me a ping

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.