1,282 members have voted

1. 1. What to work on next?

• More wheels
    • More tracks
    • Rover bodies
    • Landing gear
    • Landing legs
    • Something completely different

I thought Duna had slightly less of a gravitational pull. There is, however, at least one planet in the system that actually has a higher gravity factor. I've never visited that one though. I have a hard enough time with gravity as it is.

Okely dokely it's a while since I've been there but a repulsor test on sucky eve coming up or going down depending :D

A short ( too short to not have been a hacky way to get there) time later

The repulsors work fine on eve although landing such an unbalanced ship was interesting, only trouble comes with dragging repulsors through the atmosphere at high speed seems to knock out the AG settings, which is likely them not you,

I did make sure that the ship was nice and level before launch and extending and retracting was working as it should.

Here you go picture evidence, first repulsors on Eve maybe?

ZKjNCh5.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
updated iimage

Crazy, crazy planet.

Code rebuild is coming along brilliantly. I've got one module which has all the functionality of ModuleWheel, plus all my tweakable and steering stuff. That module can drive tracks, wheels, hypnodrive and probably some other things I haven't thought of yet ;)

Lots of stuff will be jammed in the next release, it's going to be huge and hopefully worth the wait :)

Okely dokely it's a while since I've been there but a repulsor test on sucky eve coming up or going down depending :D

A short ( too short to not have been a hacky way to get there) time later

The repulsors work fine on eve although landing such an unbalanced ship was interesting, only trouble comes with dragging repulsors through the atmosphere at high speed seems to knock out the AG settings, which is likely them not you,

I did make sure that the ship was nice and level before launch and extending and retracting was working as it should.

Here you go picture evidence, first repulsors on Eve maybe?

http://i.imgur.com/ZKjNCh5.png

Interesting about the AG settings, I'll have to give that a go myself. Certainly the first I've seen of them on Eve!

Hey... Mr. wheel-making sir! We have a problem... sound the alarms, everybody panic, boil some hot water somebody!

Okay, maybe not that serious but...

Remember that issue with the errant bracket? It's still here!

Notice errant bracket:

}
brakingTorque = 100
)

Which should be:

}
brakingTorque = 100
}

Okay, everyone move along. Nothing more to see here...

Could it be possible to add a quick tutorial to the main post on what the adjustable values do for these parts? Thanks.

Of course, but I'm about to totally change the code and part configs so it will have to wait until that is done and the next release happens. I appreciate the tracks in-particular are a bit daunting! It gets more-so with all the configurables in the new modules, so it will need documenting anyway.

Hey... Mr. wheel-making sir! We have a problem... sound the alarms, everybody panic, boil some hot water somebody!

Okay, maybe not that serious but...

Remember that issue with the errant bracket? It's still here!

Notice errant bracket:

}
brakingTorque = 100
)

Which should be:

}
brakingTorque = 100
}

Okay, everyone move along. Nothing more to see here...

Hot water at the ready!! Oh, wait.... Sorry things have been a little quiet, we've all been hard at work behind the scenes creating and breaking stuff. Just about everything is about to change!!

Awww, pwetty please!! Would be a shame to not have the new toys before you run off to your holiday. But even if you dont get them done... Happy holiday, have a good trip and get back in one piece :)

Well, just make sure you dont delete the contents of your images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSmpKn2SOhEaWcSjd3WJoqa2tP-h19mnBoL5PXjcYRpCBVUkBE

Saved me many a sleepless night, filing through it and salvaging is a lot faster than building from scratch, or even worse - waiting until holidays end :P

Edited by Haifi

Kerbalstuff thankfully keeps old mod releases, so the worst would be a fresh download of 1.6d, but still.... I would rather know things work than not.

Just working through some of the edge-case bugs I've caused myself, but considering the scope of it, I'm very pleased.