[0.90] ON HOLD Klockheed Martian Special Parts V2.2 - 28-Nov - Dev Thread

All done, working perfectly :D

A couple of questions:

1: Is anyone interested in reducing part count?

2: Will I get a seal of approval from dtobi?

If both above are yes, then:

3: Should I send a zip to dtobi for him to distribute or should I post a link here?

Edit: should refresh more often.

I made four parts from all of the shrouds, 50% and 66% in long and short version. The percentage is the relation between outer and inner diameter:

Base --- 50% --- 66%

3.75 --- 1.875 -- 2.5

2.5 ---- 1.25 --- 1.875

1.875 -- xxx ---- 1.25

1.25 --- 0.625 -- xxx

0.625 -- xxx ---- xxx

Where xxx is some non-standard measurement.

Also, I can put up an imgur album showcasing the scaling.

Edited by Floppster

Awesome. I love your parts/packs.

A general suggestion from me is: It would be great if you could use some procedural (like procedural parts) logics and tweak-UI functions to reduce the parts count of the packs. As bonus it would be simpler for you to add more sizes for the same parts.

Hope you get what I mean :)

So, problem: My shrouds aren't toggleable and my cargo bays don't display an open/close button (but the heat shields work). What did I do? :P

Have you installed any other mods after you installed this one? Do you have an old version of another Klockheed Martian mod installed? Strange.

All done, working perfectly :D

A couple of questions:

1: Is anyone interested in reducing part count?

2: Will I get a seal of approval from dtobi?

If both above are yes, then:

3: Should I send a zip to dtobi for him to distribute or should I post a link here?

Edit: should refresh more often.

I made four parts from all of the shrouds, 50% and 66% in long and short version. The percentage is the relation between outer and inner diameter:

Base --- 50% --- 66%

3.75 --- 1.875 -- 2.5

2.5 ---- 1.25 --- 1.875

1.875 -- xxx ---- 1.25

1.25 --- 0.625 -- xxx

0.625 -- xxx ---- xxx

Where xxx is some non-standard measurement.

Also, I can put up an imgur album showcasing the scaling.

Please send me the configs. With your permission, I might include them if I like how they work.

I'd rather not create a new variety because this makes updating a pain. So I don't want to have an alternative download from a third party.

I merged it with some of your other parts (the asteroid parts). Maybe that's what's done it? Doesn't account for the fact that some of my animations are working.

I merged it with some of your other parts (the asteroid parts). Maybe that's what's done it? Doesn't account for the fact that some of my animations are working.

You need to use the DLL files from the newer pack or redownload both. So you probably are using an old km_lib.dll. Just use the dll files from this pack or redownload the asteroid pack as well.

Please send me the configs. With your permission, I might include them if I like how they work.

I'd rather not create a new variety because this makes updating a pain. So I don't want to have an alternative download from a third party.

Sent you a PM with a link. If you decide to use them, I wouldn't mind a small note to credit me :D

Nice, any chance you'll do inflatable heat shields that can have an engine exposed through them until inflated?? Also 3.75m versions... :)

Sounds interesting. No direct plans, though. Let me thin it over, ok?

- - - Updated - - -

Sent you a PM with a link. If you decide to use them, I wouldn't mind a small note to credit me :D

Updated and uploaded:

Version 0.2: Tweakscale integration an mesh fixes

* Added Tweakscale to reduce part count (Thanks Floppster)

* Corrected collision meshes for cargo bay and long shroud

- - - Updated - - -

Awesome. I love your parts/packs.

A general suggestion from me is: It would be great if you could use some procedural (like procedural parts) logics and tweak-UI functions to reduce the parts count of the packs. As bonus it would be simpler for you to add more sizes for the same parts.

Hope you get what I mean :)

#

Done :-) Thanks to FLoppster.

So I had some time to test the parts. First of all, the parts are good looking and fit in nicely with the stock parts.

I've gone through all the parts and here's all my thoughts (with any issues found):

Great Reviews! Thanks a ton! This is great, guys! This was why I posted it in "Development". I appreciate the time you took and I'll take care to address things. I've already taken care of the cargo bay thickness and collision meshes to make inside attachments work better.

Again: 4nxs and ericwdhs! Thanks a LOT!

Stumbling on this thread just made my day! The Klockheed Martian shuttle engines were amongst my favourite mods of all time, so it's great to discover its creator making more and more stuff!

Tnecfqa.png

Less is more! All structural parts now only take up 11 slots in the part catalog and all of them are scalable to base sizes 62.5 cm, 1.25 m, 1.875 m, 2.5 m and 3.75 m except for the radial mount which only goes up to 2.5 m. Note that if youre playing career, base sizes are unlocked as you progress in the tech tree and most of the time there only is one base size when the part is first unlocked.

Configs for the crocodile fairings are sent to dtobi and I hope you can expect them soon :)

Edited by Floppster

Bug with v2.0: Every time when I pick one of the parts in the VAB or change the symmetry count the game freezes for ~10sec. Guess it's some sort of loading lag.

Edited by acc

Bug with v2.0: Every time when I pick one of the parts in the VAB or change the symmetry count the game freezes for ~10sec. Guess it's some sort of loading lag.

I'm getting the same thing -- if you look at your log, you'll see it's getting spammed with an error message. (I'd post a log but I'm not at my computer.)

I've only used the UBS-2 Jumbo part so far but haven't noticed any log spam while picking them up and moving them about, nor game lag.

What I have noticed though is that if you inflate and deflate the UBS-2 Jumbo, when you select it the part (and any symmetry parts) will emit the HIIISSSSSSS sound. Placing the part makes the normal click but everytime you pick up the part you get the air hiss

Additionally I've found that inflating the UBS-2 will cause the auto-deployment setting to return to False. Which makes sense, since it was just deployed, but if you're in the VAB playing around and want to see how things look with the part inflated, it would be easy to miss the fact that you've also reset the auto-deployment if you previously set it to True (you can inflate and then deflate it without having to re-click the part and thus won't see the change to auto-deployment if you do so)

Edited by Gaiiden

I'm getting the same thing -- if you look at your log, you'll see it's getting spammed with an error message. (I'd post a log but I'm not at my computer.)

I'd love to see the log when you can, I get some lag when using any TweakScale parts but nothing on that scale and nothing is mentioned in the log. I assume TweakScale is inherently laggy because of the different states a part can be in and so on.

But yeah, if you can then please post what gets repeated.

I think I found out what the error is: I removed too much from the tweakscale directory. I did not want to have all the module manager configs for all other parts packs to be made tweak-scalable by this plugin so I removed the configs for B9, KAS, etc. Hidden among these part configs there were two essential tweakscale files, which I also removed in my ignorance. I added them back to the ZIP. Could someone re-download and try again? For me it works with just the two tweakscale files.

The download is fixed now. Please re-download and check again. Sorry for the hassle. That's one of the reasons this is still in plugin development and not releases.

I think I found out what the error is: I removed too much from the tweakscale directory. I did not want to have all the module manager configs for all other parts packs to be made tweak-scalable by this plugin so I removed the configs for B9, KAS, etc. Hidden among these part configs there were two essential tweakscale files, which I also removed in my ignorance. I added them back to the ZIP. Could someone re-download and try again? For me it works with just the two tweakscale files.

Looked into it on my end and it turns out I was to blame -- I was running an older version of tweakscale that was acting up. A quick test with the latest version didn't cause any problems. Thanks!