[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

I seem to have encountered a feature... When I inflate the DERP, my water and oxygen stores increase to 25 and 33 days respectively. But not food. Is this supposed to happen? Or is it "working as intended", to use the old gamer phrase?

Yep, it's supposed to expand the water and oxygen. No food because with TAC you are good for 30 days before starvation.

You're so kind to us players, with all the great mods, but so mean to the poor Kerbals.....

I have a strange bug I use to have with some other mods in the past, and that I got fixed I don't remember how (probably got fixed by somebody else :P )

So whenever I hover my cursor over the propulsion module, the description window start flickering and the image of the part start zooming in until it take the whole screen and then disappear.

The Debug menu is showing [Exception]: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index as long as I keep the cursor over the part, It didn't make it with anything other parts either from your mods or others.

Let me know if you want my game log, i'll boot it without nolog just for it, but I'm pretty sure this issue have already been seen with other stuff and it might be a classical code mispelling or something

Ok thanks I'll reinstall !

oh and off topic totally , but I won't start a thread for this : Whats your opinion on the doability of a mods that would override the main thrust control so you could set multiple thrust control, that can be linked to the main thrust or not. Like with a proportionnal mode linked to main thrust and an independant mode where every engine has totally independant control, with a IR like screen to set keybinding (choosing a modifier key would be even better ) and I guess a module for the engine to set thrust control number. I know thrust limiter is kinda of it but not exactly .... mostly for overheat management, vtol design, and stuff

Actually that sounds like a stock bug thats been around for a while.

I could be wrong but you might want to check out this thread for a fix. Somewhere around page 2 or 3 is a reuploaded dll. Don't know if it works in .90 though.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/63109-0-23-Modulefixer.

Oh and the mod you are describing sounds (at least partially) like Davon Throttle Control.

Good luck!

Yeah it's pretty much exactly that mod thank you

I posted on the bug thread to refresh it and I'm gonna try the fix tomorrow, but I am not sure it could still fix the issue since it was meant for 0.23 ... I'll get back tomorrow anyways

Also... RoverDude, I assume you don't have that bug since you suggested a bad install, so would it worth it to give you my log to try to figure wich other mods is causing this?

Since the bug seemed to be linked to the amounts/absence of specific ressource/module, I'm gonna check at MM log too to see if a cfg is modifying your part. Hopefully it's as simple as that ... but then it mean that the vanilla bug is still on and that the fix discussed earlier is still necessary .

EDIT: after a quick look, the part has mm cfg from Deadly reentry, RealChute, and Tweakable everything. Vandros I don't know wich mod from that list you have in common with me, I'm gonna try without Tweakable Everything since both DR and RC are much more popular and therefore there would have been probably more report of that issue.

RoverDude, from this point on sorry for poluting your thread for an issue that is most probably not yours, but it seem that you made one of the only part that could reveal this until now, I haven't seen it on other threads yet :D

Edited by Saint-Stanislas

Yeah it's pretty much exactly that mod thank you

I posted on the bug thread to refresh it and I'm gonna try the fix tomorrow, but I am not sure it could still fix the issue since it was meant for 0.23 ... I'll get back tomorrow anyways

Also... RoverDude, I assume you don't have that bug since you suggested a bad install, so would it worth it to give you my log to try to figure wich other mods is causing this?

Since the bug seemed to be linked to the amounts/absence of specific ressource/module, I'm gonna check at MM log too to see if a cfg is modifying your part. Hopefully it's as simple as that ... but then it mean that the vanilla bug is still on and that the fix discussed earlier is still necessary .

I tried the DERP, (SrvPack) on a clean install with only it and its dependencies. Was unable to replicate the bug. Sounds like a conflict. Good idea on checking the log.

And that explodeing part bug has been around forever now. I'm really suprised its never been fixed :P

On the same note, ive got a weird bug with the parachute on the DERP propulsion module starting out deployed

56hW7cN.jpg

Cant reproduce it on a clean install.. so trying to track down the conflict :P

Edited by rabidninjawombat

The bug with the parachute look curiously similar to the bug with tweakscale 1.48 where you would have a thrust effect pependicular to the engine nozzle on quickload ? Unless you have a mod that add a nice horizontal wind, I would check my version of tweakscale.

I edited my earlier post while you were posting. pretty sure it's mm cfg related.

I read at some point that sometimes the order of the module in a part cfg may have some importance, and RealChute is deleting the Second module of the part ( the stock Chute ) and adding it's own at the very bottom of the config. Anyway, I haven't try anything yet since I'm not on my computer.

i might have a bug.

i was reentering Kerbin using the Derp Pod and experienced VERY HIGH G-Loads (using DRE) and my unlucky Kerbal was turned into Goo.

Not a bug :P More like a "feature" of deadly reentry :P High G loads will kill kerbals using DRE. Its fun times. Its why i always shoot for a Periaps of about 30km, then let gravity and drag do the rest of the work. Keeps it on a nice shallow low G reentry.

I have a strange bug I use to have with some other mods in the past, and that I got fixed I don't remember how (probably got fixed by somebody else :P )

So whenever I hover my cursor over the propulsion module, the description window start flickering and the image of the part start zooming in until it take the whole screen and then disappear.

The Debug menu is showing [Exception]: ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.

Parameter name: index as long as I keep the cursor over the part, It didn't make it with anything other parts either from your mods or others.

Let me know if you want my game log, i'll boot it without nolog just for it, but I'm pretty sure this issue have already been seen with other stuff and it might be a classical code mispelling or something

Likely a bad install.

It isn't. Problem narrows down to RealChute config for the EnginePod.

Yay for RealChutes.

Looks like it's time to deprecate it's support once and for all, because it's been a nest of bees for me since forever, and I seem to get this every KSP release.

Delete the RealChutes config if you have weirdness. I'll delete it from the release.

Stock works fine for me. As i recall last time I had to deal with this, it was something with FAR+RealChutes = Sadness. So for now, less a case of replacing and more a case of 'not adding an extra config to support X - if you want to do it on your own, rock on'.

Fair enough.

The issue with stock 'chutes is mainly that insta-deployment + DRE g-force damage = splat. Recon you could set your 'chute up with a sane DeploymentSpeed? ATM it's faster than stock...

Yay for RealChutes.

Looks like it's time to deprecate it's support once and for all, because it's been a nest of bees for me since forever, and I seem to get this every KSP release.

Delete the RealChutes config if you have weirdness. I'll delete it from the release.

Dude, don't make hasty decisions. It may be a stock bug. For example, removing decoupler module also fixes this "exploding icon" crap. KSP doesn't like some module combinations, that's all.