[1.2] USI Survivability Pack (Formerly DERP) [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

0.3.0 IS UP!

KSP 1.0 Compatiblility

Removed the 'Recharge' option from the airbags as it caused more grief than it was worth ;)

Fixed a bug where airbags would not animate correctly when loading a vessel with deployed airbags

0.3.0 IS UP!

KSP 1.0 Compatiblility

Removed the 'Recharge' option from the airbags as it caused more grief than it was worth ;)

Fixed a bug where airbags would not animate correctly when loading a vessel with deployed airbags

Woo hoo!

I never got around to plugging these in in .90, but now the time is right! :D Thanks for for the updates.

Hmm... Small question, so how do I prevent the undeployed floatythings from being incinerated during reentry since they need to be positioned around the base of the object that's going to be landing into the water? They wouldn't be covered by the undermounted ablative shield were they need to be. Or are they flagged to just not burn up? That works too.

Bug to report: Sometimes, in rescue contracts, Kerbals will be put in these. When that happens, the DERP will be in it's uninflated state. The occupant can still EVA out, though.

related as this mod uses the firespitter plugin: KSP 1.0 will not load the build bundled with the software. Will this still work?

Not certain,but I believe it "works", dispite the warning that is issued on startup? Not had a chance to test it myself yet though :(

Hmm... Small question, so how do I prevent the undeployed floatythings from being incinerated during reentry since they need to be positioned around the base of the object that's going to be landing into the water? They wouldn't be covered by the undermounted ablative shield were they need to be. Or are they flagged to just not burn up? That works too.

Try a heat shield one size up

related as this mod uses the firespitter plugin: KSP 1.0 will not load the build bundled with the software. Will this still work?

Yes it will work. And KSP will load FireSpitter even if it is out of date.

Bug to report: Sometimes, in rescue contracts, Kerbals will be put in these. When that happens, the DERP will be in it's uninflated state. The occupant can still EVA out, though.

That's horrible... I will just assume he got squished in one and that is why he needs rescued.

The Derp parachute is acting really odd, it floats down at like a 45 degree angle and it if you land in water it kind of orbits the Derp underwater, kind of amusing to watch. lol, Doesn't effect functionality just a gfx glitch of some sort.

Wait, I'm really confused. How are Kerbals "put" in these? Is it integrated with the rescue contracts to make them spawn in their own lifeboats or something? (If not, that would be awesome.)

Wait, I'm really confused. How are Kerbals "put" in these? Is it integrated with the rescue contracts to make them spawn in their own lifeboats or something? (If not, that would be awesome.)

Yes. Unlike 0.25/0.90 rescue contracts, 1.0's recovery contracts may spawn a kerbal inside a randomly-selected command pod.

Roverdude: I have a request for this pack. I would like to request a single use, spring loaded air brake for reentry. The thought is simple, to act as a source of drag to maintain reentry angle for the heat shield to work on cargo that is oddly shaped has strange weight distribution, or what ever other purpose may use it for.

The module when placed would also be added to the staging menu. That way on reentry it can be hit and the craft will remain righted with out needing to use a chute in very early stages. With the new Aero model, this could be rather handy for landing awkward loads.

Hello, HoverDude! I'm trying to remove DERP's stored resources (water, O2, food), to comply with life support systems other than TAC-LS.

I think I've done that before but I'm not being successful this time. I'm, using this MM tweak:

//------------------------ No extra resources for D.E.R.P.
@PART[USI_PodCapsule]:Final
{
@MODULE[LifeBoat]
{
!foodAmount = DELETE
!waterAmount = DELETE
!oxyAmount = DELETE
}

!RESOURCE[Food]{}
!RESOURCE[Water]{}
!RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}
}

I intend on using a second snippet to add Supplies (or LifeSupport)...

Can you help me?

I think MM uses hyphen '-' to delete values and '!' to delete nodes, so I think you either want:

@MODULE[LifeBoat]
{
-foodAmount = DELETE
-waterAmount = DELETE
-oxyAmount = DELETE
}

!RESOURCE[Food] {}
!RESOURCE[Water] {}
!RESOURCE[Oxygen] {}

Or

@MODULE[LifeBoat]
{
-foodAmount = DELETE
-waterAmount = DELETE
-oxyAmount = DELETE
}

-RESOURCE[Food]{}
-RESOURCE[Water]{}
-RESOURCE[Oxygen]{}

I think MM uses hyphen '-' to delete values and '!' to delete nodes, so I think you either want:

--- SNIP ----

Thanks! KSP is loading now, I'll let you know if it worked...

EDIT: I'm sorry to say something is still missing - it did not work. Any other suggestion?

Edited by jlcarneiro

Thanks! KSP is loading now, I'll let you know if it worked...

EDIT: I'm sorry to say something is still missing - it did not work. Any other suggestion?

Your looking for

@PART[USI_PodCapsule]
{
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 0
{}
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 1
{}
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 2
{}
}

Your looking for
@PART[USI_PodCapsule]
{
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 0
{}
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 1
{}
-MODULE[ModuleStoredResource], 2
{}
}

Thank you! I'll send you a PM asking for some explanation, ok?

I hope this time I'll finally understand this to stop nagging people... :blush:

Thanks Roverdude for all your work especially with DERP and all Karbonite pack

I have a problem with DERP and the new KSP 1.0 release, the radial floaties starts inflated and i can´t deinflated them :S

Thanks Roverdude for all your work especially with DERP and all Karbonite pack

I have a problem with DERP and the new KSP 1.0 release, the radial floaties starts inflated and i can´t deinflated them :S

Do you have the firespitter dll. Installed? I believe this is what handles the inflating of parts and such. You don't need the whole Firespitter mod just the dll. Which is usually included in the package.

Do you have the firespitter dll. Installed? I believe this is what handles the inflating of parts and such. You don't need the whole Firespitter mod just the dll. Which is usually included in the package.

Yes i have it installed and up to date :S

Yes i have it installed and up to date :S

Ok. Hmm do you happen to have module manager installed? I only ask because he removed it from the download packages of a bunch of his mods, and it's been throwing other people off. Module manager handles a lot of part functions, idk if it does anything with inflatables. But only other thing I can think of right now.

Edited by Hevak