Will part costs be adjusted for the 0.24 update?

In advance of the update, I've started taking cost into consideration when building my rockets. I've noticed that the costs of many parts seem inconsistent for their relative size or utility. If you look at fuel tanks, some of the smallest liquid tanks cost the same amount as the largest SRB's. One big orange tank costs more than double one the white half-tanks. I can't remember all of the examples I found, but there were a lot. I found myself making counter-intuitive and bizarre design choices to save on cost.

I guess I'm wondering, have the Dev's have addressed this, and are there plans to adjust these costs prior to 0.24?

They've already done some adjustments, at one time, most of the rocket engines all had the same cost. I expect that they'll continue tweaking the prices until the final release.

Of course the part costs will be adjusted, it's pretty clear the old values were simply placeholders. There are probably a ton of balancing passes that'll need to happen to the values as well.

They just didn't have much incentive to make them logical when they served no in game purpose =p Better to put stuff like that off until necessary so that they don't have to constantly rebalance worthless values.

Ironically, based on how useful they are, I thought that price was not unfair. I was a bit mad about the cost of canards. $3000 a pair? This is madness!

That depends on how much you get per flight... If a simple capsule test gets you 100000, then you're fine!

- - - Updated - - -

They just didn't have much incentive to make them logical when they served no in game purpose =p Better to put stuff like that off until necessary so that they don't have to constantly rebalance worthless values.

Did they just have them there for the sake of it?

Seems a bit pointless.

Pretty much, they just existed to show that someday there will be a currency system. I'm guessing they decided to add the placeholder numbers when they designed the GUI so they wouldn't have to go back and edit the GUI later.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.