The lab module should store surface samples

I think it's weird that the lab module does not have space to store surface samples (a pretty important part of any lab is somewhere to store samples) and find it a weird nuisance that I need multiple command modules in order to store multiple surface samples.

I think this will be relevant, when (if) we have a surface sample/analysis part for probes.

For now, you can store as much surface samples in a manned pod as you want, as long as there are no duplicates. To circumvent this, you can add a second command pod, and take note of what samples are in each.

You can store multiple surface samples in a command pod, just not from the same biome.

The matter is, if you bring one surface sample, you get 90% science from that biome. If you bring two samples (in two pods), you get 99% science. We may disagree on whether it's an exploit but that's how the game works now.

And as far as I know, the lab module allows storing multiple copies of any experiment. Except maybe surface sample, apparently.

And as far as I know, the lab module allows storing multiple copies of any experiment. Except maybe surface sample, apparently.

I think you are wrong, it is impossible to bring the same experiment twice in a command pod. Do 2 Goo analyzes near kerbin, and try to stock both. Both will go in the EVA Suit, but only one will be allowed in the command pod. However, if you have both of these done in different "biomes", they will fit in, with no problem.

Edit : Scratch that, my answer is based on a bad reading.

Edited by Vindelle_Sunveam

I think it'd be cool if the Science Lab Jr. Could hold experiments like Pods can... Actually, I might change that now! :D

Just for info: the processing lab can hold experiments, and can even hold repeat experiments (like 2 surface samples from the Mun Highlands); this is useful!

I think you are wrong, it is impossible to bring the same experiment twice in a command pod. Do 2 Goo analyzes near kerbin, and try to stock both. Both will go in the EVA Suit, but only one will be allowed in the command pod. However, if you have both of these done in different "biomes", they will fit in, with no problem.

I was talking about the lab, not about pods. You can store experiments in the lab, too.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.