[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Honestly I am not sure how I feel about that idea, it is cool but it is also why I didn't care for the Romfar Lazor mod. It was an auto-hit button, I like the Fire and Forget weapons now.

I agree, i think it should be an toggle-able since it would be useless concept for moving targets. But with the destructible buildings and other people making static objects i think it would be cool to designate a location instead of a target, especially since ksc buildings can't be a targeted. I think it would really make for much more dynamic ground missiles and guide-able bombs. I noticed that the jdam mod for the mk82 bomb was only accurate when setting a target and that the prediction reticule was usually a bit off from the guidance thrust. Not that it stops this mod from being enjoyable but I think such a system could really help.

In the youtube vid description he said that he will work on Sci-Fi stuff later, but making a seismic charge was too good to pass up.

Oh, but I can wait, that's not an issue.

I'd rather have a mod with well-tuned features and a few parts than one with broken features and a lot of parts.

I agree, i think it should be an toggle-able since it would be useless concept for moving targets. But with the destructible buildings and other people making static objects i think it would be cool to designate a location instead of a target, especially since ksc buildings can't be a targeted. I think it would really make for much more dynamic ground missiles and guide-able bombs. I noticed that the jdam mod for the mk82 bomb was only accurate when setting a target and that the prediction reticule was usually a bit off from the guidance thrust. Not that it stops this mod from being enjoyable but I think such a system could really help.

Then what about a missile that follows the current target method?

But unlike the lazor mod, this missile would be very sensitive to target variations, so you would have to keep a somewhat steady aim and fire, if you deviate from the target too much the missile loses control and/or loses it's course, which can be dangerous.

In addition, what about a missile that requires you to keep locked on the target?

Right now doubleclicking on a target makes it easy to never lose it, but then for this one it would require you to actually target it.

Thus, I suggest that we get a new lockon indicator, rather than just using the normal target indicator, a sleek lockon marker would look great, and would not change how anything works, but would allow for some different approaches.

Such indicator would blink if the first suggested missile is selected and you aim at the ground, but you need to keep it steady or it's gone, and this would also allow for my second suggestion, which would be useful for dogfights.

Right now it's too easy to just click twice on the enemy and always know the missile will go for him whenever you have a shot window.

Edited by tetryds

First off, I would like to point out that this mod is the most beautiful thing I have seen for KSP; the explosions are beautiful, the mouse guided reticles are beautiful, everything is just magnificent! now that the butt kissing is out of the way, i would like to make a few suggestions, and apologize for the upcoming long read.

-first, and most obviously, nukes, or rather the mushroom clouds that accompany them. those are my favorite, please add them. also you may make the scale of explosions vary by integer value, like bigger number means bigger explosion, not just range of destruction, but the graphical scale of the fireball and its particle effects. i might make some suggestions for the large variety of mushroom clouds- you could add a bright yellow (white really) sphere, not unlike the effect for the first phase of the seismic charge, as a shock wave effect that rapidly expands and rapidly fades out. then add your large particle effects that go up and rotate as well as the stock of the mushroom and the explosion effects on the ground and the dust effects that blow out and then come back in, maybe as an afterthought you could even add a condensation ring. you know, like a mushroom cloud! then maybe even a camera rock for more awesomeness.

-second, it would be nice to see the ability to select the type of explosion in the config file, for example the laser is nice, but there are laser cannons out there that need bigger explosions on impact than just a bullet hit effect. Also some larger cannons are going to have bigger explosions than others, and certainly I, at least, would want a cannon that shoots the before mentioned nukes. having the ability to scale explosions based on some value in the config file, would be extremely helpful to those who would take it further by making fusion bombs and even antimatter bombs or shells so that a gun can shoot it.

-third, and by far the most important point, the ability to change firing modes. for example, say i have some howitzers that shoot 7 rounds a minute. that is by far to long a wait between shells, so i suggest that a sequenced firing mode be added, that way by adding more guns I can increase the firing rate. another not unrelated point i would like to bring up is the fact that some guns are bound solely to a mouse click and not to the "fire" button in the weapons controller, please change this so that i can fire with the fire button. I would like to add that I play with a ps4 controller and have action group 1 set to the right trigger(r2) and my camera mapped to the right stick, by adding "fire" to action group 1, it would help me to shoot with the controller, but as it stands this method does not work. playing with a controller in the right hand and a mouse in the left is not an effective strategy.

-fourth, last thing, I promise, some battleship guns would be cool. I mean single gun, double gun, and triple gun turret variants, if possible, within one part config, so that the user can tweak the part to add and subtract guns to and from the turret. not just 16 in. guns either but like 12 in. guns and even 20 in. guns and 30 in. guns like the really big railway guns of WWII... which could shoot nukes by the way!

that's it, thanks for your time

I like the seismic charge, but is there any way to make the "ring" part more horizontal? It doesn't look right for the "charge disk" to go up at an angle and still destroy buildings to the side of the detonation.

(well actually in the video I guess only the buildings that the disk sliced through blew up, but it would be cool if it went horizontal so it would take out all the buildings)

Also I noticed the disk came perilously close to the plane. Can it take out air targets as well? That would be cool to have a sort of "wall" that destroys anything that touches or flys through it.

I like the seismic charge, but is there any way to make the "ring" part more horizontal? It doesn't look right for the "charge disk" to go up at an angle and still destroy buildings to the side of the detonation.

(well actually in the video I guess only the buildings that the disk sliced through blew up, but it would be cool if it went horizontal so it would take out all the buildings)

Also I noticed the disk came perilously close to the plane. Can it take out air targets as well? That would be cool to have a sort of "wall" that destroys anything that touches or flys through it.

I think that's just the graphical representation the actual shockwave is probably not 2 dimensional and probably can destroy planes yeah

Then what about a missile that follows the current target method?

But unlike the lazor mod, this missile would be very sensitive to target variations, so you would have to keep a somewhat steady aim and fire, if you deviate from the target too much the missile loses control and/or loses it's course, which can be dangerous.

In addition, what about a missile that requires you to keep locked on the target?

Right now doubleclicking on a target makes it easy to never lose it, but then for this one it would require you to actually target it.

Thus, I suggest that we get a new lockon indicator, rather than just using the normal target indicator, a sleek lockon marker would look great, and would not change how anything works, but would allow for some different approaches.

Such indicator would blink if the first suggested missile is selected and you aim at the ground, but you need to keep it steady or it's gone, and this would also allow for my second suggestion, which would be useful for dogfights.

Right now it's too easy to just click twice on the enemy and always know the missile will go for him whenever you have a shot window.

Maybe something like a RADAR MFD would be nice, see something on the radar and lock it up using the move keys of the MFD, similar to how you move a camera about using the MFD.

As for the targetting, I would love if someone (I have no idea of the programming code behind this game engine) would reverse-engineer romfarers lazor mod and take out the target view camera and incorporate this as a targetting pod part and in RPM. No weird GUI windows, just IVA :D

You would lock targets through moving the target camera reticule in the MFD over a target and lock it, maybe there could be some mechanism that will lock it automatically. If you lock a the target pod no matter if its a target or not, the camera will track this specific spot on the ground or the vessel you've targetted. Any of you here played DCS SU25T ? The Su25T has a target system Shkval and is basically what I propose here.

This also shows how the target pod would just track a spot on the ground not an individual target.

Edited by VentZer0

I think that's just the graphical representation the actual shockwave is probably not 2 dimensional and probably can destroy planes yeah

No no, the seismic charge from the actual film is 2D and slices though practically anything if orientated correctly. Even the sound from the mod is modelled after the once from Star Wars. :D

No no, the seismic charge from the actual film is 2D and slices though practically anything if orientated correctly. Even the sound from the mod is modelled after the once from Star Wars. :D

Yeah if you watch the video, only the buildings that got sliced exploded.

You can destroy air targets, but the charge's orientation is random.

Here my quick test video of it:

Wait, does that mean you can destroy your own craft by having incredibly bad luck and getting caught in the disc of death?

Edited by Wampa842

at 0:18-0:22 that's what I was talking about with the wall of death :sticktongue: that's gonna be so fun! Being tailed by 10 enemy fighters? Drop one of these babies and watch the destruction! Mwahahahahaha!

+

The Su25T has a target system Shkval and is basically what I propose here.

Yes, I do play DCS, and I know how the different ways of locking a target with different modes of tracking (IR, semi active/active Radar, laser, TV, etc) make it interesting, but my idea for this mod is to keep it simple. Having my own lock on indicator but keeping the basic, current way of selecting a target could work for now. There is a very long way to go before this mod gets to the level of PvP and PvE that I would be proud of. Since KSP is not meant for combat, nor multiplayer, and DMP is not built for combat, a lot stands in the way. If it ever does get to that point, though, then I will reconsider a more interesting method of locking targets, as it will become necessary for gameplay/balance.

everything is just magnificent!

-first, and most obviously, nukes

-second, ability to select the type of explosion in the config file [...] laser cannons out there that need bigger explosions on impact than just a bullet hit effect [...] having the ability to scale explosions based on some value in the config file

-third, and by far the most important point, the ability to change firing modes.

-[3.5] another not unrelated point i would like to bring up is the fact that some guns are bound solely to a mouse click and not to the "fire" button in the weapons controller, please change this so that i can fire with the fire button. I would like to add that I play with a ps4 controller and have action group 1 set to the right trigger(r2) and my camera mapped to the right stick, by adding "fire" to action group 1, it would help me to shoot with the controller, but as it stands this method does not work. playing with a controller in the right hand and a mouse in the left is not an effective strategy.

-fourth, last thing, I promise, some battleship guns would be cool. I mean single gun, double gun, and triple gun turret variants, if possible, within one part config, so that the user can tweak the part to add and subtract guns to and from the turret. not just 16 in. guns either but like 12 in. guns and even 20 in. guns and 30 in. guns like the really big railway guns of WWII... which could shoot nukes by the way!

that's it, thanks for your time

1. Everyone asks for nukes, but I still fail to see the fun in such an overpowered weapon (gameplay-wise).

2. There is already the ability to choose a path to any custom explosion model (.mu) in the configs. I haven't done customizable bullet hits/laser burn yet though, that should come next. Scaling the standard explosion based on radius or something is a good idea. I think I'll try that.

3. It's on my todo list.

3.5. I've said this a few times before but: Action groups can not be a press-and-hold button. Only the Brake AG is press and hold. All of the other ones are single fire, so I can't have it fire guns by holding them, which is why there is a separate key for firing guns and rapid firing rockets. You can change this key in the settings menu (Alt-B). You just need to find out what the name of the button it is on your controller. On joysticks it would be 'joystick button 0' for the trigger, but I don't know about ps4 controllers. I'm sure you can google it.

4. Yes yes, I've got tons of requests for that as well. They are low priority to me personally because I never build ships, so you'll either have to wait till I have nothing better to do, or learn to make some yourself (not you personally; anyone who wants any particular weapon).

That will happen when (IF) I can figure out how to get attached parts to move with turrets. This is non-trivial... infernal robotics is confusing as heck.

It also only works when the player is in active control. Which means you can approach a fully turnable SAM and still get behind it, making it easy to kill it.

Huh? I've never seen that before... All you did was change the accuracy number? Try replacing it fresh and doing it over again.

I present to you the Seismic Charge bomb:

(I'll release it with the next update)

Ahahahhahahaha! YESSSSSS! :D

I changed the explosion.wav to get the sound effect, no need for that then :D

Yeah, that's the idea.

Well in that case, request spam!

TIE Fighter lasers!

X-Wing lasers!

Star Destroyer turbolaser cannons!

Death Star Massive Death Laser of Deathâ„¢

Gauss Cannons

Fusion Cannon

Fusion Bomb (Like it creates a miniature Sun, massive fireball)

Force Field/Shield systems

Glassing Beams

Edited by tetryds

Yes, I do play DCS, and I know how the different ways of locking a target with different modes of tracking (IR, semi active/active Radar, laser, TV, etc) make it interesting, but my idea for this mod is to keep it simple. Having my own lock on indicator but keeping the basic, current way of selecting a target could work for now. There is a very long way to go before this mod gets to the level of PvP and PvE that I would be proud of. Since KSP is not meant for combat, nor multiplayer, and DMP is not built for combat, a lot stands in the way. If it ever does get to that point, though, then I will reconsider a more interesting method of locking targets, as it will become necessary for gameplay/balance.

I see ;) One step at a time of course, maybe there will be some people in the future taking this idea and run with it. If there will ever be only some TV based targetting that'd be enough. I'd love me some nice ground attack with TV guided AGM65s ^^

I will prolly, when I have more time, dive into the scripting language for unity, maybe I can work something out for this then.

One thing though: is it possible to have the targetting indicator that you have in the mod right now to be not visible while in IVA, but visible on a RPM-MFD that has a camera looking in the direction where the indicator is? That might be a start or a compromise for now.

Oh and will you change the Mk2 Lighting cockpit at any time? I ask because the point of view in the cockpit is rather odd, you look always down in an angle and there is this canopy structure in the way of your view, can you fix that? Place the Seats and the cockpit panel a bit lower, so the view is clear os any obstructions?

Edited by VentZer0

Aerolfos, try not to triple post...

VentZer0,

It's pretty easy to get a target-camera view into RPM (I've done it before in testing but didn't include it in release), then be able to slew and ground-stabilize the view and target it with missiles with some small additions to the BDA plugin, but I don't want to create dependencies for now. The current targeting indicator isn't part of the mod; it's KSP so I don't know if I can or want to remove it.

And yes there are some changes I want to make to the mk2 lightning, including the things you said. I'm holding off on that until the B9 pack converts it's Mk2 shape to that of SP+ since I will have to make adjustments at that time anyway.

1. Everyone asks for nukes, but I still fail to see the fun in such an overpowered weapon (gameplay-wise).

It being overpowered is the fun. if shields are ever implemented, they might not be an insta-kill either, also their blast range would be nice to have in a sparsely populated space fight. just the visuals are awesome too

thanks for the reply I always appreciate feedback

Ok, some not so good news. The seismic charges doesn't work very well in space. The problem is the orbit velocity. When it explodes the effect expandes only in the current orbit position, while the other crafts move away from it with their respective orbit speed. I tried it in Duna orbit with ca. 550 m/s orbit speed. You can't see the explosion when you are too fast, or at least it is far away from you. For now it is only enjoyable on slow orbits like Gilly with its 9m/s. Is there a way to make the effect travelling in space? I hope you get what I mean.

Hello!

I'm trying to make a Tank Destroyer with an M1 Abrams cannon on it. I disabled it yawing back and forth (In order to not clip through the tank armor) by setting the Yaw amount to zero, However when i launch and toggle the M1 Abrams cannon, i can move my mouse and the cannon (tries) to point at my mouse, But the green pipper that usually indicates where a weapon is pointing is gone. What happened?

Here is the picture of my Tank Destroyer and the cannon's settings: http://i.imgur.com/UfhBn54.png

On the topic of nukes

It being overpowered is the fun. if shields are ever implemented, they might not be an insta-kill either, also their blast range would be nice to have in a sparsely populated space fight. just the visuals are awesome too

thanks for the reply I always appreciate feedback

If this has been suggested before i apologize, i just needed help with a problem and i saw your post, and i had a few ideas. Why not make the nukes not really "insta-kill" except for kerbals and low crash tolerance parts. Structural parts such as Structural plates or anything with high tolerance should be able to withstand a nuclear blast (And also the KSC buildings, given they are supposedly designed to be strong and handle rockets inside of them). High structurally tolerant parts, when flying or not really bolted down to the ground with a craft (On the ground of course) with high mass should go flying off into the air. As with high structurally tolerant parts "bolted down to the ground", i mean parts attached to vessels with high mass on the ground would not fly off and would protect anything from a nuclear blast, This could be interesting because somebody could make some kind of nuclear bunker made out of structural plates and it could protect anything inside it from a nuclear blast.

I apologize if i look like a fool. I haven't really studied nuclear blasty fun stuff.

What about something simmilar to BF4 SA-18 IGLA, it's very simple and works very well.

Also, I missed the white ring for the mouse aim the last time I played, it was better before when we had it.

Sometimes the gun limits can make it hard to know where your mouse is, and also aiming around gets harder.

Edited by tetryds

Ok, some not so good news. The seismic charges doesn't work very well in space. The problem is the orbit velocity. When it explodes the effect expandes only in the current orbit position, while the other crafts move away from it with their respective orbit speed. I tried it in Duna orbit with ca. 550 m/s orbit speed. You can't see the explosion when you are too fast, or at least it is far away from you. For now it is only enjoyable on slow orbits like Gilly with its 9m/s. Is there a way to make the effect travelling in space? I hope you get what I mean.

Heh, that's what we get for trying to put sci-fi things into a realistic environment... The explosion is supposed to be stationary, but in what frame of reference? How should I decide what it should be stationary with? The firing craft's orbital velocity? The bomb's orbital velocity? In both of those instances, the explosion would appear to be moving to an observer, say on a nearby space station. Also, on surface bombing, the explosion would be moving in relation to the surface. It doesn't really make sense.

What about something simmilar to BF4 SA-18 IGLA, it's very simple and works very well.

Also, I missed the white ring for the mouse aim the last time I played, it was better before when we had it.

Sometimes the gun limits can make it hard to know where your mouse is, and also aiming around gets harder.

Yeah, maybe something like that.

The white cursor should still be there. Check for errors or missing textures.

Hello!

I'm trying to make a Tank Destroyer with an M1 Abrams cannon on it. I disabled it yawing back and forth (In order to not clip through the tank armor) by setting the Yaw amount to zero, However when i launch and toggle the M1 Abrams cannon, i can move my mouse and the cannon (tries) to point at my mouse, But the green pipper that usually indicates where a weapon is pointing is gone. What happened?

Here is the picture of my Tank Destroyer and the cannon's settings: http://i.imgur.com/UfhBn54.png

On the topic of nukes

If this has been suggested before i apologize, i just needed help with a problem and i saw your post, and i had a few ideas. Why not make the nukes not really "insta-kill" except for kerbals and low crash tolerance parts. Structural parts such as Structural plates or anything with high tolerance should be able to withstand a nuclear blast (And also the KSC buildings, given they are supposedly designed to be strong and handle rockets inside of them). High structurally tolerant parts, when flying or not really bolted down to the ground with a craft (On the ground of course) with high mass should go flying off into the air. As with high structurally tolerant parts "bolted down to the ground", i mean parts attached to vessels with high mass on the ground would not fly off and would protect anything from a nuclear blast, This could be interesting because somebody could make some kind of nuclear bunker made out of structural plates and it could protect anything inside it from a nuclear blast.

I apologize if i look like a fool. I haven't really studied nuclear blasty fun stuff.

For the tank, set "Fire limits" to 'none'. The fire limits prevent you from firing if you are trying to aim at something that is outside the range of motion of the turret. Since you set yours to not be able to yaw, it will never be in range unless you put your mouse exactly within its plane of motion. Turning off fire limits lets you fire it even if your mouse is not within the range of motion. It's useful for any fixed turret, or like in your case, a turret fixed to one axis. I made it automatically free the limit when both axes are set to zero, but I guess I need to make it happen when any axis is zero. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edited by BahamutoD

The bomb's orbital velocity

That, just like in real life.

Oh, I just figured out I was using the modified version of your plugin, nevermind.

Edit: lol "like in real life" for a star wars weapon, I guess it would be the only thing like in real life about it.

Edited by tetryds