[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I've came up with four ideas for BDA:

• Modular pods with FFAR rockets. Basically you have squere pods in 4 different sizes (1x1, 2x2, 3x3, 4x4), You can freely join them together with attaching nodes on their sides to make bigger pods using the smaller ones. You could also make it like you did with misslie rails and landing gear, you can tweak the size by right clicking on it. Also modular rocket pods would be very helpful if you want to do missile artilery

DSCF4471.JPG
Also missiles like Hellfire and Maverick should be guided with mouse cursor (laser beam).
Vulcan and m230 should be less accurate and less effective against fast moving aircraft
Can you make a separate thread wor suggestions?

Also some new weapons suggestions:

• Mentioned earlier FFAR rockets.
  • Rapier SAM
  • MIM-23 Hawk SAM
  • 9M33 SAM
  • BGM-71 TOW misile
  • MK-77 Napalm bomb
  • W70 Bomb
  • M270 MLRS missiles, that you could see on an image
  • BM-21 Grad

If you read a few pages back you will find the solution to bombs not loading.

This plays super well with FAR, as the mod developer himself uses it, there are even special sound effects for when the missiles go supersonic. The thing is that not all missiles are good against air units, some are too slow or not precise, they will work on stock though, as stock planes are much slower.

It depends, I personally can't make a plane with FAR, that can go 2000m's

Actually, What I would like is a bomb bay that works a bit more like the rocket pods do where the munition is not loaded till it is deployed from the launcher, that way you can make a strategic bomber that isn't going to lag out a system when you load 20-30 bombs on it. ( and then the payload clips through the ship and into the ground :(......)

Hi guys I am sorry to ask, don't know if this already has been answered. I just wanted to know what could I do in order to fire the missiles and turrets? Don't see a context menu at all when right-clicking... My install is 0.90.

Thanks in advance!

Guys, hello. Can anyone in this forum help me out with this? Or at least tell me where can I ask? Thank you!

Guys, hello. Can anyone in this forum help me out with this? Or at least tell me where can I ask? Thank you!

It was answered, use weapons manager for missiles, and mouse for guns (you need ammo, then activate the turret).

It depends, I personally can't make a plane with FAR, that can go 2000m's

You can't?

YP2dcrD.jpg

Its not that hard. I have built a few aircraft that can go mach 4+ on jet engines and several that can out run AIM-9 missiles in BDArmory. The trick is following the example of real aircraft. There is a reason why almost every successful fighter and aircraft in the sky look a lot a like.

TQjavfE.jpg

ynZSnIr.jpg

That craft looks and flies pretty much like a Mig-21. This was intentional.

It was answered, use weapons manager for missiles, and mouse for guns (you need ammo, then activate the turret).

Thank you.

I tried this before posting I think, however I wasn't able to bind weapons manager to any action group either, so I can't really use it. I will be trying again to see if I missed something.

Did you install it correctly?

At least the BDA stock toolbar should be working.

Sorry I'm a bit clueless as to what toolbar is it. Can't see any toolbars.

All I did was download the latest version for BDArmory, put it inside the GameData folder and go into KSP. I can see the missiles and bombs and everything, I can use them in planes. However I cannot right click the missiles to fire them, or assign them to action groups. I cannot right click the weapons manager either. I was able earlier to put an ammo box and it was showing the ammo quantities on the popup when I right clicked. So it's really buggy it seems.

Thanks in advance for whatever ideas you might have about this.

Sorry I'm a bit clueless as to what toolbar is it. Can't see any toolbars.

All I did was download the latest version for BDArmory, put it inside the GameData folder and go into KSP. I can see the missiles and bombs and everything, I can use them in planes. However I cannot right click the missiles to fire them, or assign them to action groups. I cannot right click the weapons manager either. I was able earlier to put an ammo box and it was showing the ammo quantities on the popup when I right clicked. So it's really buggy it seems.

Thanks in advance for whatever ideas you might have about this.

Did you put the zip file into gamedata?

Did you put the gamedata folder into gamedata?

Did you put the BDArmory folder into gamedata?

If the answer for the above are no, no, and yes, then it should work.

Try going into gamedata\bdarmory\plugins and see if there is a file called "BahaTurret(.dll if you have visible extensions on, without the .dll if they are off)"

Here, my new creation I already posted in the Kerbal Foudries thread: http://gfycat.com/EdibleSelfishIslandcanary

The Collision FX mod adds the nice dust effects. But also the sparks.

And now we need a russian tank turrent. :wink:

Edit: Btw, is there a way to change the length of a bullet tracer, in the cfg there are only options for: tracerStartWidth = ... and tracerEndWidth = ...

I need it for ehm, another project.

Edited by Space Scumbag

Did you put the zip file into gamedata?

Did you put the gamedata folder into gamedata?

Did you put the BDArmory folder into gamedata?

If the answer for the above are no, no, and yes, then it should work.

Try going into gamedata\bdarmory\plugins and see if there is a file called "BahaTurret(.dll if you have visible extensions on, without the .dll if they are off)"

No, no, yes :D

I also have the file called BahaTurret.dll. I installed correctly afaik. I also removed the space from the parts.cfg for the parts which had it. Despite of all that, it doesn't work.

No, no, yes :D

I also have the file called BahaTurret.dll. I installed correctly afaik. I also removed the space from the parts.cfg for the parts which had it. Despite of all that, it doesn't work.

When in flight (in stock ksp or with modded, doesn't matter), do you have a bunch of buttons on the top right of your screen? In stock KSP, you should have the resources button and the 2 (i think) contract-related buttons. With BDArmory, you should have another button for the weapon manager. If you don't have any of the buttons, then make sure you have KSP 0.25 (or 0.90, but that might be laggy). Other than that, I have no idea.

When in flight (in stock ksp or with modded, doesn't matter), do you have a bunch of buttons on the top right of your screen? In stock KSP, you should have the resources button and the 2 (i think) contract-related buttons. With BDArmory, you should have another button for the weapon manager. If you don't have any of the buttons, then make sure you have KSP 0.25 (or 0.90, but that might be laggy). Other than that, I have no idea.

Guys, thanks for all the help. I reinstalled KSP and the mod, and now I'm having a blast (literally xD). Weapons manager works now. So much that I had forgotten another plane somewhere near the space center, and when I took off I was able to target it, shoot it down (I overkilled it with 3 homing missiles lol) and then started to shoot the parts of the plane that flew in all directions. I'm happy. Thanks. :D

I think if there are to be requests, we need a few more generic weapons

Most importantly: Fixed MG/cannon.

ADEN 30MM fixed cannon, Oerlikon/hispano fixed, and .50 M3/M2 browning

We have them:

30mm cannon, .50 cal using tweakables, fixed vulcan. Play with the part.cfgs if you want to adjust them.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys, thanks for all the help. I reinstalled KSP and the mod, and now I'm having a blast (literally xD). Weapons manager works now. So much that I had forgotten another plane somewhere near the space center, and when I took off I was able to target it, shoot it down (I overkilled it with 3 homing missiles lol) and then started to shoot the parts of the plane that flew in all directions. I'm happy. Thanks. :D

No problem! I'm glad it works for you now! Have fun :D

- - - Updated - - -

Here, my new creation I already posted in the Kerbal Foudries thread: http://gfycat.com/EdibleSelfishIslandcanary

The Collision FX mod adds the nice dust effects. But also the sparks.

And now we need a russian tank turrent. :wink:

Edit: Btw, is there a way to change the length of a bullet tracer, in the cfg there are only options for: tracerStartWidth = ... and tracerEndWidth = ...

I need it for ehm, another project.

How did you get the dust particles? I have the newest version and I'm on 0.90, but it doesn't show the dust on any part, but the sparks do show up.

Tried it loved it. Great mod. Since squad tried to make this game as peaceful as possible, it makes a great difference. The experience is amazing, recreating famous battles etc. Works great with kerbinside for recreations. Only 1 thing to improve (and I am NOT complaining but I thought you might need to know) sometimes when I crash my planes etc it won't allow me to revert flight or exit to space center unless all of the weaponary is destroyed. NOT COMPLAINING THIS IS GOOD MOD. Just thought you might want to be made aware of this. Otherwise, you've set a new standard of ksp modding and I can't wait to see where your talents take you next. 10/10

Hi guys, I just flew back this morning. It will take me a few days to read everything, and a few more days to make some fixes. Thanks for the patience.

I missed you all! :)

Ah, he's back! I hope you had a good time.

Please answer my questions first, would you? :wink:

Nah, take your time.

Hi guys, I just flew back this morning. It will take me a few days to read everything, and a few more days to make some fixes. Thanks for the patience.

Nice to have you back, I hope you had a good time!

Okay here's something I really need to know, is there anyway to fire multiple gun types at the same time on full auto? I can't figure it out...

My best guess is to action group the toggle for the weapons of choice so that they turn on and off together. The all you have to do is point with the mouse and fire like normal. Bombs and missiles I'm not sure, but messing around might give you some answers.

Welcome back!

I would recommend fixing the space on the bomb config files as a top priority, then update it and go to other stuff, as the mod already works on 0.90.

About the guns, last time I checked every possible combination worked when activated using action groups.

You could also enable both by right clicking them.

Edited by tetryds

Welcome back hope your flights were good and we've waited this long so a few more days won't hurt.