[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

The paractical upper limit on phsyics range is I belive 12.5km. Past that things get crazy and buggy. Also the rendering may stop at 10km even id the range is larger
I just play KSP few mont ago and has 22.5 km range limit.

For flying crafts at least.

Unloading range is indeed 22.5 km. There is a lot more to loading than unload though. (Something soemthing packets, something load, something more packets)

The capped limit for ground vehicles is 11.5 km (Shows practically as loading at 8 km I believe, for some reason...), otherwise they are destroyed by collision bugs/krakenbane. If the range you set in BDArmory is above 11, it will automatically cap the ground stuff to that. Space and air vehicles get the actual range you put however.

@harpwner: AFAIK you can put two ammoName in config. Its been a while since I've done so, your mileage may vary.

Its still worth a try though.

that's what I tried before, but it was fairly glitchy... didn't even use the tungsten rounds or the proper amount of charge...

Is there support for multiple ammunition types for 1 gun to fire? my railgun uses tungsten shells but I also want it to use electric charge

I think Never Enuff Dakka tried that at some point, but it only registered one resource. And I don't recall any mention of multiple resources in the changelogs. Might be wrong.

I've recently made a "Droptank" that is supposed to be dropped from a Cargo Plane. However, I have two questions:

First, it seems to be incapable to drive straight forward. It should be able to (see pictures), but even with SAS it turns (often to the left, sometimes to the right)

Second, is there a known mod conflict between Lack Luster Labs, or is it just my install being derpy? Because it is not possible for me to select the Fuel Tanks and change their contents, and in their "default" state can't carry anything. I do have 2 other Mods (Adjustable Landing Gear and Quiztech Aeroparts), but the issue only exists when I have BD-Armory installed, regardless of the other mods.

Pictures

Edited by Dawa1147

I've recently made a "Droptank" that is supposed to be dropped from a Cargo Plane. However, I have two questions:

First, it seems to be incapable to drive straight forward. It should be able to (see pictures), but even with SAS it turns (often to the left, sometimes to the right)

Second, is there a known mod conflict between Lack Luster Labs, or is it just my install being derpy? Because it is not possible for me to select the Fuel Tanks and change their contents, and in their "default" state can't carry anything. I do have 2 other Mods (Adjustable Landing Gear and Quiztech Aeroparts), but the issue only exists when I have BD-Armory installed, regardless of the other mods.

Pictures

Sas doesn't use input for rover wheels. So turning it on will do nothing. Best I can guess with this issue is either one side is heavier than the other or the wheel placement is off in a very minute manner causing the listing.

LLL is simply a parts pack. If you can't switch fuels then you either installed it incorrectly, or you didn't put the Firespitter folder in with LLL. You need the Firespitter plugin to switch fuels.

Sas doesn't use input for rover wheels. So turning it on will do nothing. Best I can guess with this issue is either one side is heavier than the other or the wheel placement is off in a very minute manner causing the listing.

LLL is simply a parts pack. If you can't switch fuels then you either installed it incorrectly, or you didn't put the Firespitter folder in with LLL. You need the Firespitter plugin to switch fuels.

I believe you also need Interstellar Fuel Switch. Use CKAN for installing LLL.

As for the turning, that has a small footprint and is failry tall. Be extremely careful with center of mass, or it will be highly unstable.

Currently predicted impact point marker dissapears when you start climbing.

Someone asked about that a while back, so I made a quick little fix that made the altitude at which the bomb aimer disappears config file configurable. I never actually tested if it works, but you could give it a try if you want to. The download is here, and all you have to do is to replace BDArmory/Plugins/BahaTurret.dll with the one I linked, and add MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE to BDArmory/settings.cfg. You'll also need to increase the physics range for it to work, since the maximum altitude is calculated like this:

float maxAlt = Mathf.Clamp(BDArmorySettings.PHYSICS_RANGE * 0.75f, 2250, BDArmorySettings.MAX_BOMB_AIMER_ALTITUDE); //Clamp(value, min, max) limits the value to something between min and max

If you do give it a try, let me know if it works.

The issue isn't that it disappears at an altitude, with toss bombing, as I've been having some fun doing toss bombing myself. The issue is actually that the indicator disappears at an inclination of 10° or more, making it more a guessing game than anything.

Try to build something useful today.

That's my results:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Multi-purpose vehicle platform for carriage instruments of destruction.

Pros:

- Many variants from traspoter to AA missile battery or ICBM launer.

- Very(VERY!!!) good stability in all axis.

- Hard to breake in case of current wheel physics

Cons:

- Low turn rate

- No lights (will be fixed in future versions)

.craft file//Google drive

Light attack UAV

Pros:

- Lightweight, simple and easy to use.

- Good stability and manuverability

- Long active time

- Turoprop can be easy replaced with Jet engine.

Cons:

- Low speed

- Six hardpoints

- Only lightweight munitions

Supersonic Fighter-bomber

Pros:

- Supersonic

- Nine hardpoints with almost all weight range

- Manuverability

Cons:

- little vertical instability

- Low active time

---------------------------------------------------

Any suggestions and improvements are welcome.

Mods used for these crafts:

B9 Aerospace

B9 procedural wings

KAX

P.E.W

BDarmory

Adjustable Landing Gear

Mk2 essentials

Mk2 cockpit expansion

Infernal Robotics

I believe you also need Interstellar Fuel Switch. Use CKAN for installing LLL.

As for the turning, that has a small footprint and is failry tall. Be extremely careful with center of mass, or it will be highly unstable.

LLL comes bundled with the FS plugin. IFS wouldn't work since they use different modules.

Also my experience with CKAN was very wonky. IMO its more reliable to read a couple of sentences and copy-paste the folders. :/

Couple of notes/requests for the flight AI:

* Some sort of bounds when the setpoint is really huge ( ie when there's someone right behind you trying to shoot you ) so it doesn't wobble back & forwards through 180 - having it do that means the pilot being chased doesn't turn away from the chase, makes it a sitting duck eventually.

* A slider to adjust the decision point of "slow down & attempt to get behind" vs "extend first & turn back at speed" - that way you can set up boom & zoom ( or, well, "make a pass at full speed and run away" ) without killing the plane's ability to turn. Hopefully that will also mean it will try and run if it got bounced too.

Will be good fun I think. Having an enjoyable time creating dogfighters for Wanderfound's challenge right now.

Edited by Van Disaster

LLL comes bundled with the FS plugin. IFS wouldn't work since they use different modules.

Also my experience with CKAN was very wonky. IMO its more reliable to read a couple of sentences and copy-paste the folders. :/

OK. All I know is IFS allows switching like that really.

Because me, to the contrary, has had many, many, maaaany issues with manual installs. Infernal Robotics comes to mind, horribly buggy when manual, deleted and used CKAN, runs perfectly.

All I did was copy paste and follow the instructions exactly. Several times.

OK. All I know is IFS allows switching like that really.

Because me, to the contrary, has had many, many, maaaany issues with manual installs. Infernal Robotics comes to mind, horribly buggy when manual, deleted and used CKAN, runs perfectly.

All I did was copy paste and follow the instructions exactly. Several times.

IFS is actually based off the Firespitter fuel switching.

Also I guess CKAN has to work for somebody or it wouldn't have been made.

The issue isn't that it disappears at an altitude, with toss bombing, as I've been having some fun doing toss bombing myself. The issue is actually that the indicator disappears at an inclination of 10° or more, making it more a guessing game than anything.

Oh, I see. I took a quick look at the source again, and it looks like there's a vertical speed limit in there as well. I assume horrible things would happen if I removed it completely, but I'll see if I could say.. multiply it by 100 or something later.

Is it just me or is anyone else having problems with this mod? I love this mod but unfortunately I cannot get KSP to load with the chaff dispenser or it will freeze. Also the turrets aren't functioning properly when I toggle them they just sit there doing nothing with a random bomb reticle on the runway no matter where I point the vehicle. Has anyone encountered this too?

We also really need CCRP mode, where you mark target, then fly so that marker stays aligned with moving line of screen, and it releases the bombs itself at the right moment. See here: https://youtu.be/Koj9P4oVzu8?t=752

But that isn't actualy very important. What's really important IMO is the support for more than one radar on same craft, working at the same time. I want to have small rear-facing radar as well as having separate radar to lock onto targets on my AWACS. HAving possibility to track multiple targets would be good as well.