[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

just out of curiousity how are you changing vehicles in mid air? everytime i try and do that it says "can't change ship while in atmosphere!"

also i .cfg edited the .50cal turret to be bigger than the M1A1 tank cannon and made it fire the cannonshells too (and the recoil is way down :P) so yay! space battleships! (that look like they're from HW2) oh and i noticed there isn't any "ammobox" for the M1A1 so i re-scaled and re-textured one of the ammoboxes to be as big as the width of the tank turret and hold around 40 shells.

just. you know... doing stuff i thought might be fun :P

anyway i'd like to see a proper ammobox for the M1A1 cannon. thanks and great mod!

Will you add ammunition burnouts that would blow everything apart? And for thw M1 Abrams Turret, it could have an effect like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEwmYrcEQVU

the turret could also get ripped off. Maybe have a sysytem that if a part has less than X weight it gets blown off? Like so (skip to 2:14)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u36YzRVKd28

or so:

I really can't wait for the next release. :) So many nice additions, especially the Vulcan and the CM dispensers. That'll make me actually able to make realistic military planes.

It kind of does, but from my experience the missiles dont track their targets and it's overall just really buggy. Dogfighting seems also near impossible as well cause things like to despawn periodically in DMP

Here is an idea on how you could create a Magnetic projectile accelerator cannon...

...Erm I mean railgun.

use the tank cannon as a base, increase speed of projectile, power of projectile, keep range the same, add fancy effects, done...?

I really want to create the Ultimate weapon with a railgun!

Hurry up and make it! So I can make a Meat gear! (dont take that part seriously)

Metal_Gear_Rex_by_imbong.jpg

Would that be possible to make the fixed guns capable of being fired by action group? It'd be much more intuitive than using the mouse.

Here is an idea on how you could create a Magnetic projectile accelerator cannon...

...Erm I mean railgun.

If you had read any of the previous like 20 pages you would've seen he's already planning on doing that.

eeveelution - I think ammunition burnout would be more detail than is necessary for KSP. As for turrets getting ripped off, they're just normal parts, so when subject to forces beyond their breaking point, they'll get ripped off like usual.

dragon01 - It wouldn't really work to use action groups to fire guns since only the Brake action group lets you hold it down to toggle it on; other action groups are only single fire.

People asking about switching vessels mid-air - You need to extend the physics loading range. You can do this in the settings.cfg or in the in-game settings window (alt-B). However, limited testing shows that setting it to anything higher than 5000 will cause problems with launch clamps and orbits of nearby vessels' orbits. Use at your own risk; remember, this is early development. Things can/will break.

nli2work about cameras tied to the guns - Bullets rarely end up where the barrel is pointing if there's motion and gravity involved, so I don't think a camera fixed to the direction of the gun will be too effective. Anyways, I'll deal with camera stuff later on (in fact, I'm going to remove the camera tools from the next update since its still buggy and I don't want to focus on it yet).

eclipse842 - You'll be able to either use action groups to fire off single rockets at a time, or use the primary fire key to rapid fire. I'm still working on it so this could change.

About DMP compatibility - I haven't given it any attention; I assume it won't work well, and as I said before, I'm not going to focus on multiplayer use yet.

buddertroll - Torpedoes could work, I guess. I might try it eventually.

ps - This next update is taking a while since I'm doing bunch of stuff 'under the hood', but it will be worth it.

Thanks for the reply!

Maybe instead of a proper ammunition explosion, add a bomb module to the ammo boxes so that if they get broken, they will make a semi-large explosion (maybe a tad bit smaller than the Hellfire missiles?).

A few questions:

Does a bomb always explode upon touching the ground, or does it need to impact it at X speed? If it does explode immediately, then a way to toggle it in the cfg would be nice (explodeOnTouch = True/False)

Is accuracy measured in shell dispersion at X range in meters, eg. 1 accuracy is better than 5, or the other way around?

would there be a way to implement an AG mimic like in BT, but without the thrust thing? Maybe include it in the fire control thingy? (eg. I am flying a plane and I want to toggle between the AAA shooting and the plane shooting, so the AAA wouldn't shoot it's allies when I do)

Found something fun and was also funny to me at the time.

First is the plane I made which might I add does quite well as an attack craft.

http://imgur.com/6AaICO4

http://imgur.com/mytNGLM

Next a thought comes to my mind of lets see what happens when I drop the Mk. 82's from a landed craft

http://imgur.com/eIvVbep

http://imgur.com/phq6fH9

http://imgur.com/bR8IcFq

Note: That out of place bomb started like the rest.

And the final result FLYING KERBALS!!!!

http://imgur.com/ubtSL94

Edited by King_komodo93

Hey BD can you make some simple, clean armor plates? 0.5x0.5m, 1x1, 1.5x1.5, 2x2, 2.5x2.5, and 3x3? Make tank building MUCH easier. Also, stoked for the 105mm fixed gun! :)

I'm actually working on armor plates right now, just doing some retexturing. What shapes would you like to see, or do the current squares fit your needs? (Hey, it's one less thing BD has to do...)

I'm actually working on armor plates right now, just doing some retexturing. What shapes would you like to see, or do the current squares fit your needs? (Hey, it's one less thing BD has to do...)

Squares, triangles. That's the only one I could think of.

Edit: FF I forgot to thank you. I feel like a donkey ;;o;;

Edited by qwe2432

Triangles, some that can be placed on the longer edge and shorter edge.

Edit: I have done it! I quick and dirty MLRS that is reloadable with custom 6 pack missile pods. http://www.twitch.tv/damaske/c/4943586

Will upload to my youtube and update link.

Edited by Damaske

We have made some mulitplayer tests using FAR and DMP, and it works really nicely!

The only issue we have found is that wen BDA camera features are activated, the target doesn't get damaged.

Tried a few times and seems consistent so far, but there is the possibility that it was a very strange coincidence.

Test video:

A lock-on acquisition system would be really great.

Heh, the jerkiness while dogfighting is why I'm not really minding if BDA' works for DMP, but that aside, it does seem to be O.K.

I have a quick lock-on thing that will be in v0.5.0. I actually got sidetracked into making a little multiplayer spaceship combat game in Unity, taking some assets from BDArmory. I got the multiplayer code to be really smooth; I wonder if it can be applied to DMP. I'll try to pry myself away from it some time this week to tie loose ends on v0.5.0 and upload it.

godarklight seems to always welcome any help, you could talk to him.

The jerkiness of dogfights is true, but it's pretty possible to follow a friend even at very high speeds.

In fact, it works very well for landed vehicles that are nearby, and probably does too for normal airplanes.

But flying at more than a thousand km/h makes it times worse than what it should be, haha.

One thing is that the target cannot see the missiles comming, but not a major issue, just that the target usually freaks out when the airplane is comming, and suddenly explodes.

Heh, the jerkiness while dogfighting is why I'm not really minding if BDA' works for DMP, but that aside, it does seem to be O.K.

I have a quick lock-on thing that will be in v0.5.0. I actually got sidetracked into making a little multiplayer spaceship combat game in Unity, taking some assets from BDArmory. I got the multiplayer code to be really smooth; I wonder if it can be applied to DMP. I'll try to pry myself away from it some time this week to tie loose ends on v0.5.0 and upload it.

Where can i get that game?