[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

I would appreciate i you could make some sorts of thick armor with more chrash tolerance and one armor piece with like a hole like thing for inside almost gun mounts. Then i can make real tank destroyers and mobile artilleries. Also could you link the mod in this thread please.:)

You can achieve a similar effect with the armor plates I've already got going, or even the stock panels.

screenshot199_zps17072b15.png

And yes, once I've got actual textures for the armor parts (even if I give up and just go with slate grey (worked for the Germans, right?)) I'll put the parts up as a DropBox link.

You can achieve a similar effect with the armor plates I've already got going, or even the stock panels.

http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p796/ShivaDarklighter/screenshot199_zps17072b15.png

And yes, once I've got actual textures for the armor parts (even if I give up and just go with slate grey (worked for the Germans, right?)) I'll put the parts up as a DropBox link.

I have done exactly that thing for my tank destroyer, but without triangles and other shapes it lookes like a oversized clam. :)

If you need ideas for textures look at space engineers armor. :)

How about a smaller, non-deployable gun turret? Something like this:

1920px-Westland_apache_wah-64d_longbow_zj206_arp.jpg

It'd be perfect for Firespitter-based attack helos. The Vulcan does work, but it's a bit oversized for that purpose, not to mention it doesn't traverse well. Alternatively, something like this:

Iraq_Cobra.jpg

One thing that is much needed but no one remembers is that we need a smaller pillow.

Mainly for FAR airplanes.

The current one is too big and not very aerodynamic.

Maybe one with a T shape for two missiles too.

Shouldn't be too hard to make, I think.

Is there a practical difference (in the control system, for instance) between air-to-air and air-to-ground guided missiles? It seems to me that air-to-air missiles are programmed to to try to get behind the aircraft, whereas air-to-ground just try to hit the vehicle.

Also, any chance on adding in the AIM54-Phoenix (super-long range air-to-air missile). It looks a lot like the AGM65 maverick, so not much new modeling work is required? Also, correct me if im wrong, but the AGM-65 can be TV guided. Any chance we could get a small pop-up window that would allow us to guide it? :-) :cool:

With a "T" shaped hardpoints you can attach the upper "-" part to the plane, or tank, or (insert item here). Then add a missile to the top of the "l" and each side and you now have a 3 missile hardpoint that you can fire off the missiles to your delight. I ALSO second the smaller fixed turreted gun for helicopters and tanks.

On to the kitbashing of your mod, I have made an enlarged Version of your AGM-114 Hellfire Missile into a M31 Guided Unitary MLRS Missile. I've not got a pod for it but they are twice the size of a Hellfire and looks to be about right size to the real thing, They are a little too wide but the length is about right. Would I be able to use a "rescale 1, 2, 1 To make it larger in one certain direction, or will that not work as it is a mesh? As they sit right now the larger missile is too big to fit into a 6 pack pod made within KSP without being able to enlarge only the length of the missile.

With a "T" shaped hardpoints you can attach the upper "-" part to the plane, or tank, or (insert item here). Then add a missile to the top of the "l" and each side and you now have a 3 missile hardpoint that you can fire off the missiles to your delight. I ALSO second the smaller fixed turreted gun for helicopters and tanks.

On to the kitbashing of your mod, I have made an enlarged Version of your AGM-114 Hellfire Missile into a M31 Guided Unitary MLRS Missile. I've not got a pod for it but they are twice the size of a Hellfire and looks to be about right size to the real thing, They are a little too wide but the length is about right. Would I be able to use a "rescale 1, 2, 1 To make it larger in one certain direction, or will that not work as it is a mesh? As they sit right now the larger missile is too big to fit into a 6 pack pod made within KSP without being able to enlarge only the length of the missile.

If you use the small hard point, the white stock one, and add 2 1x1 structural plates to the side of it so they're flat you can hold either 7 Mk. 82's, 5 Mavericks, and 9 Hellfires, of course if you use the really wide I beam (M-beam 650's) in the same manner you should subtract 2 from each of those numbers. Also they all fit quite nicely inside the Spaceplane plus bays for concealment/accuracy if you want a bomb bay.

If you use the small hard point, the white stock one, and add 2 1x1 structural plates to the side of it so they're flat you can hold either 7 Mk. 82's, 5 Mavericks, and 9 Hellfires, of course if you use the really wide I beam (M-beam 650's) in the same manner you should subtract 2 from each of those numbers. Also they all fit quite nicely inside the Spaceplane plus bays for concealment/accuracy if you want a bomb bay.

Yes, but if you do that with FAR you will heavily penalize your flight characteristics just to carry a few more missiles.

So, I think that the mod having it would be great, about 2/3 or half the size of the white one and aerodynamic would be fine.

Yes, I thought that with the T pillow we can have 3 missiles, maybe add a + one? so the missiles don't clip.

Yes, but if you do that with FAR you will heavily penalize your flight characteristics just to carry a few more missiles.

So, I think that the mod having it would be great, about 2/3 or half the size of the white one and aerodynamic would be fine.

Yes, I thought that with the T pillow we can have 3 missiles, maybe add a + one? so the missiles don't clip.

Doesn't stop the military IRL why should it stop you here. Though Far's one big drawback is that because of KSP's original aerodynamics it can't quite model real life ones perfectly.

Doesn't stop the military IRL why should it stop you here. Though Far's one big drawback is that because of KSP's original aerodynamics it can't quite model real life ones perfectly.

Well, when a <1km Mach 1.4 capable plane cannot pass Mach 1.1 because of a single cubic octogonal strut that matters a lot.

Imagine if I tried to put two of those.

What I am saying is that adding this would not be complicated, would look better, fly better and allow for the setup to look and behave nicely.

Also, I don't know how BDArmory plans to do reloading if it does, but using the pillow for it could be a thing, maybe.

GdYsYsi.jpg

I have an unrealistic number of missiles on this SSTO, and it didn't slow it down any, and I run FAR.

If you are generating to much drag with your pylons then perhaps you should look at what you are using for pylons.

Ummm...... flares? They are in the latest version right, yep. Can someone explain how they work? I have not installed ksp pn my new pc yet, so i cant install the mod for now. Anyway, do they have a 100% chance of breaking missile lock? If not what is it? Will it work on lazers? Lazer guided weapons?How many in a container? How do i activate them? Ground vehicles? In space?

Ill instal soon as i can to test these, mod looks awesome btw.

Ummm...... flares? They are in the latest version right, yep. Can someone explain how they work? I have not installed ksp pn my new pc yet, so i cant install the mod for now. Anyway, do they have a 100% chance of breaking missile lock? If not what is it? Will it work on lazers? Lazer guided weapons?How many in a container? How do i activate them? Ground vehicles? In space?

Ill instal soon as i can to test these, mod looks awesome btw.

This mod has no affect on other mods, like Lazortech or IDSkillful. They are completely different mods and use different modules. I personally dropped the other two mods because it is easier for me to work with BDArmory and modify, add or delete parts as needed.

Well, when a <1km Mach 1.4 capable plane cannot pass Mach 1.1 because of a single cubic octogonal strut that matters a lot.

Imagine if I tried to put two of those.

What I am saying is that adding this would not be complicated, would look better, fly better and allow for the setup to look and behave nicely.

Also, I don't know how BDArmory plans to do reloading if it does, but using the pillow for it could be a thing, maybe.

I didn't say use cubic octags I said use the small white hardpoint (labeled small hardpoint) that comes stock with KSP shouldn't slow you down too much and if you must you can leave off the structural plates/I beams and fit 4-5 hellfires on there (you can do the testing/math for the rest my mind's a little foggy at 12 at night sorry if it sounds rude). the other guy used the grey ones which aren't quite as good as their attachment points are more limited for some reason.

Yeah, the white one doesn't slow down much, the thing is that it's too big, it was clearly not made to attach missiles.

The grey one is very weird to handle, you can only attach things to it's top, that is why it's more limited.

I also remember having lots of issues with it, since when you atach something to it it's super woobly.

And they are very ugly, both of them.

The white one is not ugly itself, but it's too big for the missiles.

So, I don't see why not.

Shouldn't be hard to make, I would make them myself if I was able to.

But since this mod is the only thing that makes a design require those at all, they would be a nice addition to it.

Edit: Now the white ones seem to be behaving physicslessy, I thought that every single part would have physics applied to them on FAR, this is weird.

Yeah, the white one doesn't slow down much, the thing is that it's too big, it was clearly not made to attach missiles.

The grey one is very weird to handle, you can only attach things to it's top, that is why it's more limited.

I also remember having lots of issues with it, since when you atach something to it it's super woobly.

And they are very ugly, both of them.

The white one is not ugly itself, but it's too big for the missiles.

So, I don't see why not.

Shouldn't be hard to make, I would make them myself if I was able to.

But since this mod is the only thing that makes a design require those at all, they would be a nice addition to it.

Edit: Now the white ones seem to be behaving physicslessy, I thought that every single part would have physics applied to them on FAR, this is weird.

The way I attach my weapons to those pylons is simple, it isn't that complex or even that hard. Turn off the snap function in KSP, the hexigon to a circle. Then place your weapons on it where you want them on the pylon. They should either sit on the bottom of it or along the bottom sides. You can attach up to 3 weapons per pylon this way. Which is about average for real life standard hardpoint pylons. If you want more per pylon get bigger pylons.

To keep life simple I save all of my pylon mount setups in the subassembly manager.

Hodo, I understand that you are trying to help, but look I'm a vet too...

I didn't say they are unusable, nor unrealistically sized, I said that they are ugly.

In fact, you can attach way more than 3 missiles per pillow, but it looks awful, even with only one.

And didn't enforce anyone to add this, just pointed the pros about it, and I can't think of any cons of having better pillows.

Which wouldn't even take much time to make.

I didn't say they are unusable, nor unrealistically sized, I said that they are ugly.

In fact, you can attach way more than 3 missiles per pillow, but it looks awful, even with only one.

And didn't enforce anyone to add this, just pointed the pros about it, and I can't think of any cons of having better pillows.

I am assuming you mean pylons, not pillows. And no I am not forcing anyone to this, I am just saying that real missile pylon hardpoints dont have a T or an I beam connection in the middle of them, they are often attached to the pylon themselves. The computer in the craft, fires the weapons off the hardpoint in an order to prevent them from hitting or damaging each other.

Why don't you make them then?

If you look at these pictures you can clearly see how they look, and they work fine, with very little actual drag. But I use FAR not stock I have no clue what stock drag is like never used it.

I3Wh5ZD.jpg

4Uv5yNF.jpg

pAQgsGs.jpg

That is on of my SSTO space fighter projects it works great, and is finally ready for service.