[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

You mean the 25mm Bushmaster on the M2A3 Bradley?

That is an anti-Infantry and light armored vehicle weapon. It has 4 fire modes, and 2 belts of ammo that feed into it. It has high rate and low rate for either the AP rounds or for the HE rounds.

I was talking about Mk44 one, they aren't that different, but if MK44 would be better because it uses 30mm rounds, which are already in the game...

Nothing to show yet, but I want to clear up some confusion with firing weapons.

The "fire key" (left-click by default), which is what you can set in the options menu (alt-B) is the only way to fire guns. If you arm the weapon manager, then you can also fire the selected missiles/bombs/rockets by holding down this same key. This is how you rapid-fire (aka ripple fire) rockets.

The "Fire" action group can only be used to fire missiles, bombs, rockets - one at a time. It will not work for guns, because in KSP, action groups are one-shot actions, and holding them down will not allow you to fire anything for a sustained period of time.

Edit:

By the way, development on this and my other mods has been slowed because I started working on my own game. I can't promise anything big any time soon.. sorry!

Edited by BahamutoD

I have been using your mod with great success so far, however, I seem to be having trouble with the HE-KV missiles. I have tried doing a test fire against a piece of debris in orbit, however, although the missile hits the target and produces its explosion effect, it does not cause any damage.

Also, what is planned for the next update?

Great mod BTW

Edited by Whizzkid

I started working on my own game.

hm i was just about to say you should make your own game now since lots of people appear to be more interested in staying kerbin side and blowing each other up. :P

an example of one of my battles* which took place on MINMUS** was piratically hilarious and somewhat fun.

the weapon matter... eh... the pack seems to have what it really needs already. add a little more yeah but not too much or it will slowly drain creativity out of players and will most-likely result in people wanting turrets like the M1A1 tank turret in the pack so they can just stick it on a body and off they go. "plug and play" so to speak.

*(made an very dumb/basic AI from one of the autopilot mods heh)

**(don't use tanks... i still have one in orbit somehow...)

You know the two LMGs on the waist gunner of a bomber....... well that would be kinda cool with an attatchment node on it so that people could get creative with that and make some amazing,self defending,bombers. You know to defend against those pesky fighters that are always on your tail.

By the way, development on this and my other mods has been slowed because I started working on my own game. I can't promise anything big any time soon.. sorry!

Sounds good, the mod still works in 0.90, excluding the bombs, but they only require removing the space at the end of their part. File names.

On another note, what's your game gonna be about, where can I find out more? Best of luck to you.

I am experiencing a problem where about every other time I load in a vehicle on the runway, I am not able to revert the flight or anything else that would allow me to reset what i just did. This only started after i downloaded BD and only in the last few minutes. This very annoying as i have to quit and reload KSP every flight or test.

Upon further investigation i found that this bug only occurs after alt-tabbing to a different window and then back again.

Edited by BLOOGa
More info

I love this mod, have had it since it was just the 50. Cals. Have you ever thought about doing a sort of armed command chair? Like a bomber waist gunner, as someone said earlier, but to fire it has to be manned? Another example could be a surface mounted humvee turret? Just thinking.

P.S. first post!

Nothing to show yet, but I want to clear up some confusion with firing weapons.

The "fire key" (left-click by default), which is what you can set in the options menu (alt-B) is the only way to fire guns. If you arm the weapon manager, then you can also fire the selected missiles/bombs/rockets by holding down this same key. This is how you rapid-fire (aka ripple fire) rockets.

The "Fire" action group can only be used to fire missiles, bombs, rockets - one at a time. It will not work for guns, because in KSP, action groups are one-shot actions, and holding them down will not allow you to fire anything for a sustained period of time.

Edit:

Well that is helpful. XD

You CAN fire several missiles at a time.. use several weapon managers tied to a single control group. XD

Oooh I need to try that.

Speaking of rockets, I have a small problem with them, They are too powerfull, One lucky shot and an entire battleship will disintegrate, Even worse the point defense of the target doesnt even try to stop them :( .

I really think you should either make them recognizable as a threat so guns will shoot them down, Or nerf their blast power.

Your mod is Great and hope that this one minor flaw is solved soon ;)

Speaking of rockets, I have a small problem with them, They are too powerfull, One lucky shot and an entire battleship will disintegrate, Even worse the point defense of the target doesnt even try to stop them :( .

I really think you should either make them recognizable as a threat so guns will shoot them down, Or nerf their blast power.

if your using the boatparts mod for said battleship then bump up the parts impact tolerance and heat capacity otherwise i havent seen this issue

Have 2 module managers - one for the weapons and one for defense, with the target type being missiles and use your best AA weapon for it. This way you can fight all you want and don't have to worry about missiles. If you mean the rocket pods though, I'm pretty sure the projectiles are unstoppable.

I'm having a problem where the aiming indicator for bombs is not showing up, but the ones from rockets and guns do. Anyone know what's going on?

You are too high up.

get closer to the ground and it shows up.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to make a gun that fires sidewinders. How would I got about making it?

I do not believe that is possible. I tried making rocket launchers with guided missiles, Bahamuto himself stated that is not currently possible.

You could also make a box out of wings and spam sidewinders in there..

- - - Updated - - -

Have 2 module managers - one for the weapons and one for defense, with the target type being missiles and use your best AA weapon for it. This way you can fight all you want and don't have to worry about missiles. If you mean the rocket pods though, I'm pretty sure the projectiles are unstoppable.

*Weapon Managers, the part not the mod.

You are too high up.

get closer to the ground and it shows up.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe that is possible. I tried making rocket launchers with guided missiles, Bahamuto himself stated that is not currently possible.

You could also make a box out of wings and spam sidewinders in there..

- - - Updated - - -

*Weapon Managers, the part not the mod.

Derp :P You know what I meant, so it's sufficient enough ;D

Perhaps you're not in level flight? I know if you're rate of ascent/decent is over a certain number the indicator won't show.

Yep, your have to fly level or be in a dive - you can't climb faster than 5 m/s (or was it 10?) but below that you can fire your bombs as long as they aren't obstructed.

Yep, your have to fly level or be in a dive - you can't climb faster than 5 m/s (or was it 10?) but below that you can fire your bombs as long as they aren't obstructed.

is it possible he forgot to delete the spaces in the bomb part files?

remember to always have a weapon manager

- - - Updated - - -

hey BD what kind of game are you making? whatever it is ill buy it i feel like i owe you for this awesome mod. (i haven't left the kerbin system since .24.2!)

seems like it could become resource intensive to have one for all 48 of my 500lb JADAMs on my hypersonic strategic bomber (orbit capable of course)

Sorry I meant command POD, not the guns.

Still wonder how would that behave, lol!

The weapons manager is one of the best features of this mod, it's super easy to use and intuitive.

Btw, I failed to successfuly make a cluster bomb out of cluster bombs as I can't get them to deploy all at once (the action group just drops them).

Any ideas?

Sorry I meant command POD, not the guns.

Still wonder how would that behave, lol!

The weapons manager is one of the best features of this mod, it's super easy to use and intuitive.

Btw, I failed to successfuly make a cluster bomb out of cluster bombs as I can't get them to deploy all at once (the action group just drops them).

Any ideas?

Decouplers?