[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

i have no idea it is a bug or something intended.. weapon manager's 'fire missile' command does not work with any missiles or bombs attached on rotary bomb/missile rail. manual fire or direct bind command key to missile works as good.

Cloning and mirror-attaching rotating rack with bombs on it produces weird results, like 2 clipping models. Just try it, setting rain count to 6 for better view.

Also, TOW missile stopped working. I'll test it more but it just flies unguided and crashes into terrain now. Worked just fine before. Can it me caused by 10 meters between launcher and flir ball?

Edited by sashan

On 11/02/2016 at 6:52 PM, BahamutoD said:

Okay that's fine.  I'll leave it as it is then.

Not other than CIWS/missiles.

Guards still only attack vessels, not arbitrary GPS coordinates, so this wouldn't quite work yet.

That's OK, the contract could spawn small vessels (say, radar dishes) on the opposite team at the KSC as bomb bait.

Edited by colmo

On 2016-02-09 at 3:30 PM, BahamutoD said:

Thank you.  It looks like the problem is it can't find the save files for the settings or the GPS targets.  Can you check to make sure you have settings.cfg and gpsTargets.cfg in your BDArmory folder?  If you do, then something else weird is going on, because it seems to be looking for the file in a GameData folder on your desktop.. I have no idea why it would do that.

Both of those files are in the bdarmory folder in gamedata, the only thing I can think of that might be causing this is maybe something to do with the difference between the file systems in Windows and Linux? Or even Ubuntu specifically? I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, if that helps. I would totally migrate to a newer version of the OS if that ends up as part of or the cause of the problem.. I'll run some parallel searches to see if this sort of thing has happened in any other context. Thanks for your time and effort again!

12 minutes ago, sashan said:

@BahamutoD Is it possible to put guns and missiles onto the same turret? I want to make Tunguska-style turret, or Kashtan CIWS. Also, can FLIR targeting ball be modelled on top of the turret?

....could you make it so you can put things on a turret, and they will move with the turret? Also, could you make it so, if you do that, unguided rockets & fixed guns also make the turret turn, and not just missiles?

Edited by minepagan

9 hours ago, selshas said:

i have no idea it is a bug or something intended.. weapon manager's 'fire missile' command does not work with any missiles or bombs attached on rotary bomb/missile rail. manual fire or direct bind command key to missile works as good.

Which fire missile command are you referring to?  Action group?

6 hours ago, sashan said:

Cloning and mirror-attaching rotating rack with bombs on it produces weird results, like 2 clipping models. Just try it, setting rain count to 6 for better view.

Also, TOW missile stopped working. I'll test it more but it just flies unguided and crashes into terrain now. Worked just fine before. Can it me caused by 10 meters between launcher and flir ball?

I noticed the symmetry issue too. Looking into it.

I didn't change anything about the tow missile or targeting pod..

Hi, I have a lot of troubles with the animations of a turret. MODEL https://skfb.ly/JKFW

Here is the situation.

Case 1: Deploy->Turn off, the deploy animation plays ok and backwards when is needed 100% ok.

Case 2: Deploy->Fire, the same 100% ok, I can shot whatever I want.

Case 3: Deploy->Fire->Turn off, deploy and fire animations play perfectly, when the weapon is deselected the deploy animation is played backwards but only partially in some parts, others parts moves ok, but when the animation finished all the positions and rotations gets reseted to the "deployed and ready to fire" position. If i exit to "space center" the situation resets and all work like a "new" launch.

I use Unity 4.2.2f1 and Blender 2.75a.

I try:

Rebuild the animation from 0 (export blender file with no animation and re-importing it to have all the animation/actions... deleted) but it do not work.

Import FBX or blend files to Unity not help.

Changing fire and deploy clips order in Unity do not solve anything.

Reducing the animations to one second each not solve the problem.

Export FBX with all actions... is a mess and do not work.

Use the same animation to all (set the unity clips to overlap) same problem.

HERE is the .blend file, I am a noob and/or a "wannabe" in this world so is very easy all the problem is caused by a little check-box or some simple thing that I change:rolleyes:: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxDozqn0nBeIaGhZUTRPRjFNTUE/view?usp=sharing

Million Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, SpaceToad said:

Anyone else having problems getting the racks to fit flush inside two large bays? I feel like they are a tad too long.

not really. Im packing 4 racks of 8 cruise missiles in one largest MK3 cargo bay + 1 smallest cargo bay. If you are going for more than that I'm questioning what you are bringing to the gun fight

Edit: hey BahamotoD another you that would be great if you added. The slider for the ripple fire bar. Can you make it so that we can have to option to either set the ripple setting in the VAB/SPH or type the desired number? Its just annoying trying to get that perfect number with the slider.

Edited by War Eagle 1

What does disableRadarYaw = true in MissileTurret module do?

Also, could you possibly make particles external? Would be much easier and ram-saving to use one effect for many guns.
It's just that I'm making this PDC from The Expanse :P

12736013_850216218434378_1303062719_n.jp

Edited by sashan

Is this mod compatible with Windows 10? I am having problems with it. When I launch a plane or some other thing it just shows the inside of Kerbin when in flight view and the sun when in map view and I couldn't exit the game without using task manager. I removed BahaTurret.dll only to find that I needed it to make things work. Another time I built a turret, exited the game, and replaced the dll. Everything went fine except when I tried to launch another thing. Also, I couldn't find an output log. Why is it doing this? If this means anything, I downloaded the mod from Kerbalstuff.

Edited by bananasrawesome

On 01/02/2016 at 8:02 PM, V8jester said:

Have you notice strange aero issues with the Hellfire? If it's fired at a long distance or simply blind fired at nothing. It will run on it's rocket motor perfectly. But once the rocket motor burns out. It will decelerate very quickly and seem to hang in the air at almost 0m/s.

I can confirm this.

Just spent an hour or two launching AI air attacks against a SAM launcher on the Island. A number of things I noticed.

- If Guard was on and wing commander was used to Attack Pos and Take Off from the ground, the plane would easily forget the position while flying around the KSC at minimum combat speed. This was made worse by one plane that constantly toggled the afterburner. Fly/Attack Pos works much better if not used on the ground.

- The SAM had a tendency to hit the hangars and hills in the terrain around it. They're probably better on hills, though that makes them vulnerable.

- MK82 bombs (both kinds) overshoot just a bit. Not sure about others.

- Hellfires would not fire. The AI would select them, line up the strafe, and then do nothing until in gun range where it switched.

It also managed to blow itself out of the sky by dropping bombs then dipping the nose to engage with guns. Increased bomb decoupler strength was required to avoid that.

The plane I had for the rotary rack was all set until I realises it needs the long cargo bay. As only Hellfires would fit the shorter bay, no biggie.

Things that seemed missing:

- Fly to/Attack GPS target.

- Return to base (perhaps with an auto low-fuel toggle). Once you use Fly/Attack Pos, it'll only buzz that new location once the threat is eliminated.

- At some point the AI might need AI forward raycast collision detection. Hills were flown into a time or two. That's what you get with a 150m min altitude...

12 hours ago, War Eagle 1 said:

not really. Im packing 4 racks of 8 cruise missiles in one largest MK3 cargo bay + 1 smallest cargo bay. If you are going for more than that I'm questioning what you are bringing to the gun fight

Edit: hey BahamotoD another you that would be great if you added. The slider for the ripple fire bar. Can you make it so that we can have to option to either set the ripple setting in the VAB/SPH or type the desired number? Its just annoying trying to get that perfect number with the slider.

I'm referring to the MK2 bays. They dont fit well in them.

Any tips on how to set up BDALookConstraintUp module?  I need to rig pistons for my retractable gun turret.

Also, I have a Goalkeeper-like setup with a radar on top of gun. The radar has its yaw limited to frontal 180 degrees. Would the module turn the gun to let the radar track the target?

If anyone haven't seen it yet, Aviator Arsenal just updated, we are now on version 1.1.
There are a lot of new weapons and stuff.
It's not only meant to be used with WW2 airplanes, if you want a balanced set of weapons to use in any case I highly recommend the pack.

4 minutes ago, Shekelberg said:

What does Com Track mean?

COM is Center Of Mass.

So what it does is lock the camera on the COM of whatever craft is in your crosshairs. Keeps your aim tracked to a target while it or you is moving.