[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Hi,

first of all i want to thank the mod develper. Lots of fun and since my grafics card went BBQ and DCS is of the menue, KSP now fills that gap too :-)

Of course do i have a lot of suggestions myself. You will notice that i am an IVA junkie :-)

The targeting pod struck me with awe. I have been waiting for something like that since the demise of Lazor mod.

The one coolest thing to add would be integration with RPM. Immersion and stuff like that. That also would make some other features possible like tagging Pylons (center, left wing 1, right wingtip and so on) and have their attached parts shown on a RPM page. Maybe in collaboration with some IVA modders the RWR could become (besides a dedicated RPM page) a prop to place somewhere in the cockpit. Of course a HUD that is not just a simple transparent prop but projected to infinity (or at least dozens of meters in front of the craft) would also be cool. since this is not quite the core of BDA, an integration with the targeting system would still be awesome. (Gun funnel, CCRP, ILS, etc)

Also abusing the mavericks as tageting pod with limited gimbal, like the A-10A uses, available only as log as there is at least one maverick attached, would be great.

As for kOS integration, i hope there will be a cromprehensive interface. Fore the moment however i would use it only for making countermeassure programs like the ones used in real planes.

For the autopilot a fly to gps coordinates and orbit function would be nice too.

I know its a lot of requests and one might think i should go and play combat flight sims. But i really enjoy designing planes, SAMs and AAA and put them to the test.

Thanks again for this great mod.

thats why you link a large radar to the TWS radar. So you have a longer detection range

I dont want to link multiple crafts just to have longer range, I want to have the long range engagements I could have before but using RADAR instead of point and click method. My customized missiles have realistic launch ranges. For example I made a AIM54 Phoenix which you can fire about 180km from the target (front aspect, closing in) and hit.

I dont want to link multiple crafts just to have longer range, I want to have the long range engagements I could have before but using RADAR instead of point and click method. My customized missiles have realistic launch ranges. For example I made a AIM54 Phoenix which you can fire about 180km from the target (front aspect, closing in) and hit.

How the heck are you in loading range at 180 km.

Hehe, I just popped in to ask about BDA and KOS interaction. Using the default KOS interface (ie, going through the available GUI controls) the only things KOS can see are "toggle weapon" and "fire" (the missile version). I don't see a way to get KOS to fire guns.

I was also playing around with guard mode since I'm trying to see if I can get my mechs to fight each other. On one mech I turned off smart guards, selected a weapon for it (a "stocK" BD vulcan with a couple of ammo boxes for testing purposes), set it to active, switched its team to B and enabled guard mode. I had a team A mech parked out in front of it. I then sat and let it do its thing. After a few seconds the selected weapon switched over to "none", and that was it. I also did not see it select the parked mech as a target. Not sure whether or not I should as I've actually never used guard mode in earlier versions, but I was facing directly at the other mech so I would have thought it would have been picked up as a target even without guard mode active. Switching to legacy targeting didn't change anything.

I'm probably doing something wrong but just in case anyone else has seen the same issue, can you point me in the right direction?

Edit:

OK, I think I see what's going on. The AI guard can't aim the hidden vulcan so it is switching to a new weapon, but there's no new weapon to switch to. Darnit, I'd like it to fire a burst when it's "close" rather than needing precise aiming with a turret, but I think that would require a way to tell it to shoot via KOS.

Edited by allmhuran

How the heck are you in loading range at 180 km.

High physics range you know ALT+B and just crank up the physics range? I didn't fire a missile at 180km yet but at ~100km without any probs in 0.90

Here's a vid of me engaging a drone at +70km head on.

My apologies if this has been asked before, but my guns keep going inactive after I hit something once. Is there a known solution for this? The guns are the Vulcan Turret, M102 Radial Howitzer and the M203 Chaingun

I installed the newest versions of the mods I used and it was gone.

What do the AI pilots do once an enemy craft leaves their range or gets destroyed? Do they just keep flying until they run out of fuel, or do they try to land themselvs?

They fly in circles until the fuel is gone, then if it's a reasonably well set up craft they drift down and land. They can't tell flat land from steep hills or water though, it's just luck what happens to be beneath them if they survive or not.

3rd time asking

I have seen youtube videos where people make them smaller

If people've made them smaller, then it's possible.

That, or they play on such a ridiculously huge resolution that the option is available to them, but not to you because you play on 800x600 (no, you're probably not, but you get the point I'm making, right?).

If people've made them smaller, then it's possible.

That, or they play on such a ridiculously huge resolution that the option is available to them, but not to you because you play on 800x600 (no, you're probably not, but you get the point I'm making, right?).

if its possible then how?

Having some issues with the guard mode, but this has been a persistent bug between every version, even real old ones: It's just not working, I set it to guard, set it to vessels, make sure everything's lockable and in-range, and that there are appropriate weapon systems, but the vessels just don't engage. Peace mode is off, and I've tried damn near everything I can to get it to work.

Having some issues with the guard mode, but this has been a persistent bug between every version, even real old ones: It's just not working, I set it to guard, set it to vessels, make sure everything's lockable and in-range, and that there are appropriate weapon systems, but the vessels just don't engage. Peace mode is off, and I've tried damn near everything I can to get it to work.

I had the same problem. To fix it I had to use kerbals instead of drone parts. Crafts with drone parts don't work for me.

im having a problem where NOTHING is showing on the radar Ive installed the mod right but nothing shows up on the radar screen thing and it nerver locks and the only way I can get missiles to fire is with the GPS. If you need more info private message me.

im having a problem where NOTHING is showing on the radar Ive installed the mod right but nothing shows up on the radar screen thing and it nerver locks and the only way I can get missiles to fire is with the GPS. If you need more info private message me.

Can you post a picture of your craft?

There is a lot that can go wrong e.g. radar with limited view angle used, crafts on the ground are not detected...