3.75m Inflatable Centrifuge

CSVoltage

3.75m Inflatable Centrifuge

Compatibility: 0.24.2 Version: 0.2 Beta Updated: 26 Aug., 2014

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What it does:

When deflated, this module has a 3.75m factory form and can hold no crew. Expanded, this module is 10m and can provide living and working space for a crew of 20. Additionally, the unit can be set to rotate independent of its parent ship, providing a comfortable 1g for it's occupants.

2dAtFOF.png?1?2408

by-nc-sa.png

Creative Commons License

3.75m Inflatable Centrifuge by Colin Votier @ Chroma Works is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.

Includes redistributed portions of works:

B9 Aerospace R4.0c by bac9

Inflatable Habitat's v0.4 by Porkjet

Firespitter v6.3.4 by Snjo

Module Manager 0.2.2.1 by sarbian, derived from work by ialdabaoth

These works were/are distributed under a "CC share-alike license" as of: 25 Aug., 2014

Special thanks to Porkjet for their help and contributions

1. 0.2 - Beta - 0.24.2 - 26 Aug., 2014

1. 0.1 - Beta - 0.23.5 - 9 July, 2014
      1. Initial Release

1. Animation options are not always available after use
  2. Animation does not loop.

Changed: Major post cleanup
Added: License information
Added: Known bugs section to post
Edited by CSVoltage

If someone assemble the mod for Kerbals health detioration in the mission thats the part to go. I think 20 is a little bit too much kerbals for the part like this unless it is really huge. Does it support connecting living spaces mod?

Perhaps it would look even more awesome if you changed the black and white stripes (at the bottom and top of the part) to the typical yellow and black "warning" stripes seen on the top of this: 60px-LV-T909_LFE.png and the bottom of this: 51px-Rapier_Engine_01.png.

Also, as to how the kerbals would get in, would adding a small hatch to the top end work? much like this: FMzqP9Xs.jpg

Awesome part though. I have been looking for something like this.

Edited by Highlad

I play with Ship Manifest so I honestly hadn't considered that. I'd recommend users do likewise as a "hatch" on a module like this is all but impossible and making it longer to add one above or below would ruin the factory form.

There's that word again.. impossible.

Nothing is impossible, there's only the amount of work you're willing to put in to make it happen. Take a look at Porkjet's inflatable 'F.L.A.T.' habitat.

A hatch that pops out when inflated & three integrated docking ports

The bar is raised a little high here.

Here's six of them assembled into a floating hotel.

NGkuHJUl.png

C9qaWna.jpg

Edited by Starwaster

• 1 month later...

It works in .24--it didn't load initially but that might've been due to a conflict.

Any plans to develop internals different from Porkjet's centrifuge internals?

Also, I noticed that it will only spin around once, then stop.

Edited by LitaAlto
Wrong thread. Oops. :P

• 2 months later...

It's too big in the game but the attachment nodes are where they should be (they would be where they are supposed to if the part wasn't gigantic). I'm using 0.25, if that helps.

Here's a picture, I included the Mk 1-2 Pod for reference: dG8rkcL.png

• 2 months later...
It's too big in the game but the attachment nodes are where they should be (they would be where they are supposed to if the part wasn't gigantic). I'm using 0.25, if that helps.

Here's a picture, I included the Mk 1-2 Pod for reference: http://i.imgur.com/dG8rkcL.png

This is really easy to fix, I had the same problem. Go into the .cfg text file for the part in gamedata. It should be under GameData/ChromaWorks/parts/375mhub/part. Near the Top of the .cfg text file for the part is this:

"model = ChromaWorks/Parts/375mHub/meshscale = 2.0, 2.0, 2.0"

Change "Scale = 2.0, 2.0, 2.0" to "Scale = 1.0, 1.0, 1.0" and your part should be the correct size in .25.

• 1 year later...

Ehhh.... Doesnt really work in 1.0.5

I fixed the node orientation, node size, undid surface attach...

For some reason, as sson as you select it in the editor, FPS drops BIG time, and everything gets laggy BAD...

Launching doesnt help... FPS is dismal... I dont know if there is supposed to be a righht-click menu for this or not, but there's not...

I wonder why staging was decided upon, instead of using the right-click menu on this?
Anyway, nothing works to inflate it...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.