[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Is anybody else having the problem I am? I downloaded the newest 0.24.2 compatible (finally!) KAS, and when I have the PackRat parted out in storage containers.. welp upon unloading each part responds as though it is a container (only option are "release" and "drop"). And once dropped, they instantly explode. No option to attach. It seems others are assembling these things without a problem. Curious..

I had the instant explosion issue as well. I resolved it by attaching the front frame to a structural pylon like it's shown in the video. As for the attachments, when you install the front chassis, click on the front section and "store" the chassis. When you assemble the rear chassis, click on the front chassis and "store" the rear chassis. The wheels go together in a similar fashion.

Is anybody else having the problem I am? I downloaded the newest 0.24.2 compatible (finally!) KAS, and when I have the PackRat parted out in storage containers.. welp upon unloading each part responds as though it is a container (only option are "release" and "drop"). And once dropped, they instantly explode. No option to attach. It seems others are assembling these things without a problem. Curious..

ya, even the newest KAS is still kinda explody. haven't heard anything on that. just be VERY careful, only unload parts parts when you're ready to use them, and attach them with the "store" option as quickly as possible. everything seems stable once it's attached to the frame.

I can't attach the wheels to the rover. It just keeps saying "part is not compatible or there is no free space."

What could have caused this and what can I do to fix it?

The wheels are stored on the chassis section not the front section where you attached other stuff.

So who likes new stuff?

http://i.imgur.com/MuULBB4.png

That is amazing. As always...I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore, to be honest. I absolutely love this size 0.625 stuff, it's so cool. What are Al and Eldred sitting in there? Doesn't look like a command seat or PackRat seat...must be something new, unless I'm mistaken.

That is amazing. As always...I don't even know why I'm surprised anymore, to be honest. I absolutely love this size 0.625 stuff, it's so cool. What are Al and Eldred sitting in there? Doesn't look like a command seat or PackRat seat...must be something new, unless I'm mistaken.

It's a jump seat. Basically a command pod that's just a hard point and a life support pack, but with a clear IVA.

Wow, the amount of brilliant parts you make is staggering. Those look great.

Thanks :) I make the stuff I want first, and it turns out other people want the same stuff ;)

Thanks :) I make the stuff I want first, and it turns out other people want the same stuff ;)

No, thank you! It is stuff that you and others want because in the grand scheme of KSP, it is stuff that seems like it's missing. It's also stuff that is actually useful and fun to use.

It's a jump seat. Basically a command pod that's just a hard point and a life support pack, but with a clear IVA.

No SAS, Monoprop, batteries, science storage etc? Literally a command seat with LS? Sweet. We were really missing that. They are from the sports package for the pack rat right? Do they come in leather?

But seriously though, they are going to dramatically increase the practical uses of manned rovers.

Also, I really like that new pod on the front. I might just have to get the steam gauges to go with it. Question, does it's IVA include a navball?

No SAS, Monoprop, batteries, science storage etc? Literally a command seat with LS? Sweet. We were really missing that. They are from the sports package for the pack rat right? Do they come in leather?

But seriously though, they are going to dramatically increase the practical uses of manned rovers.

Also, I really like that new pod on the front. I might just have to get the steam gauges to go with it. Question, does it's IVA include a navball?

It will - but I just need to see where to put the display where it will not block the view too much

Having issues with building the Pack Rat rover... In the video demo, you attached it upright to a ground pylon. For some reason, I just can't get mine to do the same. What gives?

No idea... need more details? Are you using the KAS rotation keys?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.