[1.12.x] USI Exploration Pack - Small parts, big adventure! [v 0.6.0]

RoverDude

Then something isn't getting installed properly is the likely solution. Screenshot of your gamedate and umbraspaceindustries folders?

Unfortunately I can not upload a picture . but I have no Umbra folder with me in it , only RatPack . Can you please tell me the exact link ?

Unfortunately I can not upload a picture . but I have no Umbra folder with me in it , only RatPack . Can you please tell me the exact link ?

Your gamedata folder should looks something like below. And an umbraspaceindustries folder below that. BTW Imgur accounts are free for uploading pictures.

IAG9HFM.png

bBgdkiA.png

Same answer for a common issue. Just drop the GameData folder in the ZIP directly in your KSP folder (same place your existing GameData folder is).

Done.

Can anyone tell me what the science crate does and how to use it? It sounds like a very useful object but I have no idea how to use it. Thanks for answering my stupid questions!

If you're doing a multi-biome run where you would normally store experiment results in your command pod, but you don't have a command pod that supports storing science, you can store the results in a science crate.

I have a question and perhaps a request for when the mod is next updated:

The Pack Rat rear section has a front node for connecting to the front half of the Pack Rat, and a back node for connecting to the generator. Would it be possible to allow the front node of one Pack Rat rear section to be attached to the rear node of another Pack Rat rear section, to make a six-wheeled version of the Pack Rat?

• 2 weeks later...
with the KIS KAS integration, I am unable to release the rover from the ground pylon. Is the packrat still able to be built and disassembled on the field?

Yes. There is a new method outlined in a video earlier in this thread.

Do you know the name of the video and provide me with a link?

Not really. The video was published privately, so only worked from the link in this thread. And honestly in the time it would take me to go back and find it, you could go back and find it yourself.

To summarize though, the basic gist is this. Put down pylon. Put octagonal strut on top. Put small cube strut on the side of octagonal strut. On the end of that put a small decoupler. Attach the front of the packrat to the decoupler. Build the rest, get in and decouple.

Say Dude- how hard would it be to add some sort of caterpillar tracks part into the exploration mod? I hope that doesn't sound like a dumb or silly question because I really don't know; I've all the modding skill of a fish.

I went back to page 65 looking for a video said to show the shiny new method for assembling the packrat in the field, I must have missed it? Can someone point me in the right direction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QI_4_z3LXmU

In theory you don't need this method anymore as Kospy fixed ground pylons to be removable even if attached to something else, so it would work like in the past. But I still find this method to be the most reliable for me.

Hey RD. Downloaded this last night after watching your Twitch stream, but my log shows the following error:

Model load error in 'E:\Win 7 Games\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\ExpPack\AES\Spaces\AES_Internal.mu'

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.