Fixed Decoupler for KSP x64 on Windows - v4 - (July 22)

sarbian

Stock KSP on windows 64 bit has a bug with the decouplers. They don't apply any force when they separate.

This mod implement 2 new decoupler module that replace the stock decouplers.

You need to install ModuleManager to replace the stock module in all the parts. MM patch files included.

Download : https://ksp.sarbian.com/div/DecoupleForX64.zip

Source : https://github.com/sarbian/DecoupleForX64

Licence : The MIT License (MIT)

Edited by sarbian

Stock decoupler is ok for now. But with TweakableEverything it doesn't work. This may be a problem of TweakableDecouplers.cfg or TweakableDecouplers.dll file.

I think this is problem in TweakableDecouplers.dll and how it changes ejection force.

Edited by Kolago

Well, after some more testing it seems that there could be a problem with it.

On a simple craft (1man pod, decoupler, fueltank, engine) everything works perfectly. But when I try to launch Kerbal X(Stock) (one of the default vehicles in sandbox mode) the radial decouplers don´t work. Even activating them with rightclick menu does not work.

Clean install, only MM2.2 & decoupler fix v2, win64

edit: as much as I appreciate 64bit version finally beeing here, it seems to have opened a new can of worms;). Kind of a pandoras box...

Edited by Laminator

Well, after some more testing it seems that there could be a problem with it.

On a simple craft (1man pod, decoupler, fueltank, engine) everything works perfectly. But when I try to launch Kerbal X(Stock) (one of the default vehicles in sandbox mode) the radial decouplers don´t work. Even activating them with rightclick menu does not work.

Clean install, only MM2.2 & decoupler fix v2, win64

edit: as much as I appreciate 64bit version finally beeing here, it seems to have opened a new can of worms;). Kind of a pandoras box...

i think in this craft files is still the old decuplers module called

load it remove decuplers and add new decuplers should solve your problem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.