[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

also, it apears i only get the scoopedair that the engines start with, then i dont get any more, causing them to flameout.

For some reason the air intakes for the engines use the same intake module as the collector for collecting Karbonite in Atmosphere, meaning they don't really work too well if they work at all while stationary. Really I don't think the engines should use the ORS intake just to get scooped air, as I feel a normal intake module would work fine.

For some reason the air intakes for the engines use the same intake module as the collector for collecting Karbonite in Atmosphere, meaning they don't really work too well if they work at all while stationary. Really I don't think the engines should use the ORS intake just to get scooped air, as I feel a normal intake module would work fine.

Here's the rub... these really are not meant for Kerbin - they are for Eve and Jool. On Kerbin you have ready fuel access, much better engines, much better performance. But on Eve/Jool you can't use IntakeAir. Hence these parts.

Folks are just using them on Kerbin because everyone is testing right now :)

(Edit to expand)

It's less a use of ORS, and more a use of a custom module that lets us use airspeed and generic atmospheric pressure to generate a resource. Nothing even close to that in stock (and not even in ORS, it's some custom code).

(Edit even more)

The radial engines have intakes built in.

The nose one is just for using the stack, and added as convenience. there will be dedicated non-collecting air scoops down the road, but we're still like a young and scrappy startup. Minus the free lunches.

Edited by RoverDude

And it works :)

Intake air fills, and right click on the intakes also work.

Don't know if you changed the heat buildup on the prop fan too ?

Seems to overheat a lot slower now (the last release it overheated on like 70% throttle)

For both of these please provide extreme specificity.

I deleted the the Umbra and ORS folders, and then installed your latest files. I built a brand new test ship, not reusing any single part, but was unable to manipulate the 1.25m Air Scoop in the VAB or on the pad.

I deleted the the Umbra and ORS folders, and then installed your latest files. I built a brand new test ship, not reusing any single part, but was unable to manipulate the 1.25m Air Scoop in the VAB or on the pad.

Does this ship have EC? Does it have command?

More stuff... if it's a pod is someone in it. Do you have KSP-I installed? Did you delete ORS or the OpenResourceSystem folder in GameData?

And yet more stuff...

Unix or Windows? 64 or 32? Did this work for you before? If so, when?

(Last edit)

Do the radial engines work? They do not need that 1.25m intake.

Edited by RoverDude

Indeed. Even though the command pod generates electricity, I specifically added two RTGs to remove all doubt. If it's helpful, the engines function fine until the ScoopedAir runs out, and is unable to replenish.

Indeed. Even though the command pod generates electricity, I specifically added two RTGs to remove all doubt. If it's helpful, the engines function fine until the ScoopedAir runs out, and is unable to replenish.

(Hit up the other questions I added when you get a chance)

Just wanted to post and say thatnks to everyone involved in this! I've just completed a trial version of what I intend to place on Duna, possibly a Joolian moon, and eventually Eloo. I present to you my Munar 7-Eleven. :D Miner/refiner/tanker in the middle, Agriculture Depot on the left, and Jeb in a little lander on the right to get the plumbing hooked up. As of now, you can fill 'er up and grab a few snacks. Next things to incorporate: A surly checkout clerk, bathrooms, and bathroom keys chained to matching hubcaps. :D

ai5p1v5.png

RoverDude, I'm not sure what KSP-I is, so I must not have it. (I hope) There is definitely a crew member in the pod. I'm using Win64, and I deleted the OpenResourceSystem folder under GameData before installing the new files. The last build in which the Air Scoop worked for me was 0.0.0.9, or something to that effect. I'm going to test the regular radial engines now.

RoverDude, I'm not sure what KSP-I is, so I must not have it. (I hope) There is definitely a crew member in the pod. I'm using Win64, and I deleted the OpenResourceSystem folder under GameData before installing the new files. The last build in which the Air Scoop worked for me was 0.0.0.9, or something to that effect. I'm going to test the regular radial engines now.

Is this a ship you built from scratch or one you loaded in the VAB either through autosave or via the load ship function?

you deleted the \GameData\UmbraSpaceIndustries\Karbonite folder too before installing the new files ?

Also, disregard my posting regarding overheating changing, just me that had FAR on my regular install and not on my test install so was a huge difference there.

Running Linux 64 bit with this mod and ScanSat installed, ScanSat parts don't deploy and the ScanSat map won't come up your parts work so maybe, I need to post on ScanSat's.

Yep, has nothing to do with me.

Omez, yes, I deleted the Umbra folder as well. Tried it twice. Roverdude, the ship was made from scratch after the latest patch. I built a new one just now, making sure only to use stock parts aside from the Karbonite components. I can right click on any of the three varieties of scoops, but can't control them, otherwise. They just show how many resources are remaining.

screenshot402.png?psid=1