[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

Omez, yes, I deleted the Umbra folder as well. Tried it twice. Roverdude, the ship was made from scratch after the latest patch. I built a new one just now, making sure only to use stock parts aside from the Karbonite components. I can right click on any of the three varieties of scoops, but can't control them, otherwise. They just show how many resources are remaining.

https://4q2bdq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pv-sqNetGgqJ4tUGPqUPMcH4csci4NDBrLVDYczFk1U5OdLoyjx8bmpsX02dyUN87GnR7jZQFhwvSsxR46y7_SvfWpJFKtHAJ9pSejtxTqb8/screenshot402.png?psid=1

Do this. Move your other mods to another folder for now (so you can add them back in). This should work just with USI and ORS (plus Squad and NASAmission of course). Add mods in one by one till we find a culprit.

Still no luck. ;.; The engines work, but the scoops do not, on a nearly bone stock GameData folder, a new save, and a new ship. The Firespitter folder contains nothing beyond what your mod provided. Below is what my KSP GameData folder currently looks like:

Dir.jpg?psid=1

Are there any logs, or something like that, which would be useful?

Edited by Voculus

Replicated your craft. The only thing you should really be able to right click on is that intake on the nose, and only for collection. Air collection is passive. Is the problem that you can't collect resources or that your plane does not fly (runs out of ScoopedAir) or?

- - - Updated - - -

http://i.imgur.com/Suydr06.jpg

beefed up the 2.5m FX a little bit.

I support this.

RoverDude, when I right-click on the scoop, it shows me the remaining ScoopedAir only. There are no buttons to toggle the collection of any resource. The engines which require the ScoopedAir will consume it, and run great until that resource runs out, but the AirScoops aren't refilling.

RoverDude, when I right-click on the scoop, it shows me the remaining ScoopedAir only. There are no buttons to toggle the collection of any resource. The engines which require the ScoopedAir will consume it, and run great until that resource runs out, but the AirScoops aren't refilling.

Thats exactly how it was for me before downloading and installing the latest version (Karbonite_DEV_0.0.11.zip)

Did you download it from the dropbox or github ?

Roverdude, is github updated with the same files?

File version says .10, not .11, and its files is some hours older.

Thats exactly how it was for me before downloading and installing the latest version (Karbonite_DEV_0.0.11.zip)

Did you download it from the dropbox or github ?

Roverdude, is github updated with the same files?

File version says .10, not .11, and its files is some hours older.

Yes, 0.0.11 is on github and dropbox

Still 0.10 on github. Just checked the "kerboniteIntake.cfg" file and it differs from the one in the zip on dropbox.

I had forgot to give 0.0.10 it's pre release tag - are you saying the contents of the ZIP on github are incorrect?

RoverDude, I think I've got a good design for the air scoop, it probably won't be ready this weekend though. (Blender is deciding to be a pain, or rather my ignorance.)

No rush :) Have fun with it, and show us how it's going so we can help out.

I had forgot to give 0.0.10 it's pre release tag - are you saying the contents of the ZIP on github are incorrect?

yupp, thats what Im saying.

Just double checked with downloading the zip file from github now (just viewed the file on https://github.com/BobPalmer/Karbonite/blob/master/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/AtmoScoop/KarboniteIntake.cfg before)

And it is not updated with the newest file changes. This is atleast true for both .cfg files in atmoscoop folder.

yupp, thats what Im saying.

Just double checked with downloading the zip file from github now (just viewed the file on https://github.com/BobPalmer/Karbonite/blob/master/GameData/UmbraSpaceIndustries/Karbonite/Parts/AtmoScoop/KarboniteIntake.cfg before)

And it is not updated with the newest file changes. This is atleast true for both .cfg files in atmoscoop folder.

Thanks - lemme delete it from the Githubs for now since there will be a new release with parts tonight anyway

Nice, will be sure to check out the new parts.

And again, thanks for the great work. I really like this mod and the parts look really good.

Good alternative to Kethane that always bugs out for me and never got into using properly.

is it me or is it exceptionally difficult to build a flyable plane with the prop and radial turbofan? by flyable I mean getting past mid point of the runway

It's you ;)

I'm usually horrible at planes and have been building flying machines all day long. That being said... I do not have FAR installed, so it may be that the bits need FAR configs?

I cant seem to be able to find any Karbonite I put the scanner on and nothing I have no clue where to land anything to drill for it what am I doing wrong?

it could be you are flying over a dry area. The stuff is all over the place and technically you can land anywhere and pull it out of the ground, it's just that at the hotspots, the concentration is much higher. they show up as orange spheres in map view and normal flight view.

man I've completely forgotten how to play this game.

You and me both - It's been a while since I had to launch something other than with HyperEdit or as a test.. :P

In other news, wrapping up the 1.25 and 2.5m distillation modules. These are converters for Xenon and Monoprop (i.e. the stuff that does not go boom).

I was having some issues with a bloated gamedata folder and 24.2, so I reinstalled the game fresh and have been slowly adding mods back in and testing them with KSP 24.2 32-bit OpenGL, 64-bit D3D and 64-bit OpenGL.

I had Mechjeb, Tweakscale, Fineprint, Stage Recovery and USI Kolonization Systems installed, no problems. I added Karbonite, overwriting when asked. The game crashes reliably for me in 64-bit, both rendering methods, with Karbonite added to the mix.

New career mode game, VAB, place the first SRB part, crash.

Error report:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r081vyu1m3yunep/AABuFvSWeL_wVhCZBRyfF-V4a

any chance of someone making a USI icon for partcatalog?

Sounds like you just volunteered... I look forward to your pull request ;)

I was having some issues with a bloated gamedata folder and 24.2, so I reinstalled the game fresh and have been slowly adding mods back in and testing them with KSP 24.2 32-bit OpenGL, 64-bit D3D and 64-bit OpenGL.

I had Mechjeb, Tweakscale, Fineprint, Stage Recovery and USI Kolonization Systems installed, no problems. I added Karbonite, overwriting when asked. The game crashes reliably for me in 64-bit, both rendering methods, with Karbonite added to the mix.

New career mode game, VAB, place the first SRB part, crash.

Error report:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r081vyu1m3yunep/AABuFvSWeL_wVhCZBRyfF-V4a

hm.. no issues in 32 then?

I've been in 32 as I've found 64 a bit flaky, but I'll run some tests.

Sorry I just can't repro this - I've done all of my testing for the next release in 64 bit without a hiccup. If there's an issue, it's not related to the plugin.

Unrelated note... for all of you messing around with Karbonite engines on Kerbin... you're doing it wrong.

WCZTeX6.png

0.0.12 IS UP!

New Distillation Modules for Xenon Gas and Monoprop

Engine updates and tweaks

Texture reuse optimizations

I consider this to be the Release Candidate. The only changes will be bug fixes and nertea's fuel tanks once they are finished.

Also a pro tip for folks who can't get their extractor to work... Unless you're stacked with a Karbonite tank, you need to run a fuel line FROM your tank TO the extractor for stuff to flow. Thanks KSP.