[24.2] Karbonite Ongoing Dev and Discussion

RoverDude

Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo style by Alexustas (on page 2) do you like best?

• Row 1
    • Row 2
    • Row 3
    • Row 4
    • Row 5
    • Row 6

wow i love how rapidly this thing is coming along. i have to check these forums each day for updates but thats a good thing. very nice work Roverdude!

Indeed, Best thing is the licence =D.

You are on 0.24.2 correct? Do you use Texture Replacer? I hate that mod.

Plug on one of the detectors (it's in science) and let me know what it shows.

Do an ALT-F12 and go to debug and look for weird stuff.

wow i love how rapidly this thing is coming along. i have to check these forums each day for updates but thats a good thing. very nice work Roverdude!

Thanks! We're almost there ;) Funny bit - is I am checking the forums in between working on Hollow Asteroids :P

You are on 0.24.2 correct? Do you use Texture Replacer? I hate that mod.

Plug on one of the detectors (it's in science) and let me know what it shows.

Do an ALT-F12 and go to debug and look for weird stuff.

Thanks! We're almost there ;) Funny bit - is I am checking the forums in between working on Hollow Asteroids :P

it says theres 85.5 ppm under the launchpad, and yes im using texture replacer, why?

make sure u put the file to keep texture replacer from doing anyhing iwth the ors files thats problay why nothing happening. the .cfg for texture replacer u probaly did put it in.

it says theres 85.5 ppm under the launchpad, and yes im using texture replacer, why?

Because it for whatever reason conflicts with ORS, and I've been repeatedly unsuccessful in fixing this. It's way of handling exceptions has... repeatedly... not worked, and I am learning to truely hate that mod.

So yes... you will need to turn it off unless you want to fiddle with adding a Karbonite exception. It hates the PRS PNG files I use, and just eats them instead of failing gracefully. <soapbox>I really hate mods that mess with my stuff without me expressingly asking them to mess with my stuff</soapbox>

Because it for whatever reason conflicts with ORS, and I've been repeatedly unsuccessful in fixing this. It's way of handling exceptions has... repeatedly... not worked, and I am learning to truely hate that mod.

So yes... you will need to turn it off unless you want to fiddle with adding a Karbonite exception. It hates the PRS PNG files I use, and just eats them instead of failing gracefully. <soapbox>I really hate mods that mess with my stuff without me expressingly asking them to mess with my stuff</soapbox>

i need texture replacer for better atmospheres, and im pretty sure i put some texture replacer folder from the karbonite extract thing into gamedata,

I realy love this mod and the way its getting along.

Just downloaded the newest version (0.10) and I couldn't get the plane engines to work for longer than a few seconds before it ran out of "scopedair"

Checked out the part files and looks like it is a mixup between "scoopair" and "Scoopedair" as the airscoops gather the resource "ScoopAir" and the engines uses "scoopedair"

Changed it to Scoopedair and I didn't run out, though it also didnt decrease, but might be just because I generate more than I use. will check that out.

Or am I totally wrong and missing something ?

MODULE

{

name = ORSModuleAirScoop

scoopair = 2.5

ecRequirement = .001

}

MODULE

{

name=KarboniteAtmoExtractor

deployAnimationName = Open

drillAnimationName =

}

RESOURCE

{

name = ScoopedAir

amount = 100

maxAmount = 100

isTweakable = false

hideFlow = true

in 10 i canot activate any scepe or collector im rigth clikin g and nothing pop up

Usual series of questions. Did you in fact completely delete out your Karbonite folder before installing this? Was this working for you in a prior version? It's awesome folks are helping me test, but I REALLY need more info when you folks have an issue.

I realy love this mod and the way its getting along.

Just downloaded the newest version (0.10) and I couldn't get the plane engines to work for longer than a few seconds before it ran out of "scopedair"

Checked out the part files and looks like it is a mixup between "scoopair" and "Scoopedair" as the airscoops gather the resource "ScoopAir" and the engines uses "scoopedair"

Changed it to Scoopedair and I didn't run out, though it also didnt decrease, but might be just because I generate more than I use. will check that out.

Or am I totally wrong and missing something ?

MODULE

{

name = ORSModuleAirScoop

scoopair = 2.5

ecRequirement = .001

}

MODULE

{

name=KarboniteAtmoExtractor

deployAnimationName = Open

drillAnimationName =

}

RESOURCE

{

name = ScoopedAir

amount = 100

maxAmount = 100

isTweakable = false

hideFlow = true

You are missing something ;) scoopair is a property. It's how much air the intake brings in. ScoopedAir is a resource.

Screenshot of the craft please? You have Karbonite fuel correct? What engines? What planet? etc.

I'm having issues with the right-click allowing me to work the airscoop, and am not able to assign functions via action groups. It was fine last night, and I had a different version of Firespitter until just today. I wish I remembered which version I overwrote. :huh: Also, the radial Karbonite tanks are not feeding the engines. And yes, I am using Texture Replacer! :wink:

Right-clicking on the Scoop shows me this:

screenshot401.png?psid=1

I'm having issues with the right-click allowing me to work the airscoop, and am not able to assign functions via action groups. It was fine last night, and I had a different version of Firespitter until just today. I wish I remembered which version I overwrote. :huh: Also, the radial Karbonite tanks are not feeding the engines. And yes, I am using Texture Replacer! :wink:

Right-clicking on the Scoop shows me this:

https://4q2bdq.bn1.livefilestore.com/y2pBurxcTVKsCw6qGmzPApJqmEQXY7qwQW2tGWz0_EeE8Xo1gJhHL27mioel19HcuV7HIEgI-DBFjFW0ICuQvUkTZPuX549_DMSRxcXJzd387A/screenshot401.png?psid=1

Ok! One bit at a time :)

You need fuel lines since your engine is not in the same stack.

Where is your EC coming from?

Thought so first, but didnt get why it worked to change the property.

Craft is just a lander can, kerbonite tank filled, air scoop and both the engine types attached on the sides, launching from the launchpad as I'm just testing it out before I try it on any craft.

I'll have to remove all my other mods and test again if deleting the Kerbonite folder again doesn't work.

Are you planning to make a variant of the messed-up Kethane part that kills a Kerbal to produce fuel?

Nope - just tweak

Thought so first, but didnt get why it worked to change the property.

Craft is just a lander can, kerbonite tank filled, air scoop and both the engine types attached on the sides, launching from the launchpad as I'm just testing it out before I try it on any craft.

I'll have to remove all my other mods and test again if deleting the Kerbonite folder again doesn't work.

Here's the fix if you're using the inline intake:

MODULE

{

name = ORSModuleAirIntake

scoopair = 1.5

autoActivate = false

}

My little jet with just the nose intake and stack jet just blew through flaming mach effects before the engine explodes... so I know it works ;)

in 10 i canot activate any scepe or collector im rigth clikin g and nothing pop up
ok I'm now having a different problem with the collector... i can no longer right click on it.

Start with this. You need - for this to work - command and EC. If you have these things and it's a prior ship or an autosaved ship or a ship you loaded in the VAB, swap out the part (I have seen this cause weirdness in the past). Beyond that, screenshots please.

- - - Updated - - -

also, it apears i only get the scoopedair that the engines start with, then i dont get any more, causing them to flameout.

See fix above - for now either use one of the radial engines (not a stack one) or wait for the patch. Which specific engine is causing you grief?