[1.0.X]Engineering Based Tech Tree (with flight first option)

Probus

What mod(s) are a must in a Flight First Tech Tree?  

110 members have voted

1. 1. What mod(s) are a must in a Flight First Tech Tree?

• B9 Aerospace
    • CSS - Component Space Shuttle
    • KAX - Kerbal Aircraft eXpansion
    • Kerbin Shuttle Orbiter System
    • Mk2 Stock-a-like Expansion
    • OPT Space Plane Parts
    • QuizTech Aero Pack
    • Retro-Future Planes
    • SXT - Stock eXTension
    • Other - See my post

I've started another playtest before I add more parts and noticed the problem you guys mentioned when you don't load FASA. I will set about fixing it.

I been playing with this for a while now. And it makes progression quite intresting.

However, I am wondering if this is working as intended... some (just a few) nodes appear to be empty. A few others had parts in them but costed me zero science to unlock. Bug? Or did I mess something up during installation? :huh:

OXuwGUh.jpg

Also, despite beeing fairly advanced in the tree now, I am still missing some 1.25 meters tank in a long version. I only have the shorts. Not a big issue, but it makes me wonder if I am missing some other parts in the tree as well maybe...

Edited by TrooperCooper

I been playing with this for a while now. And it makes progression quite intresting.

However, I am wondering if this is working as intended... some (just a few) nodes appear to be empty. A few others had parts in them but costed me zero science to unlock. Bug? Or did I mess something up during installation? :huh:

Also, despite beeing fairly advanced in the tree now, I am still missing some 1.25 meters tank in a long version. I only have the shorts. Not a big issue, but it makes me wonder if I am missing some other parts in the tree as well maybe...

You are missing the 1.25 branch for some reason.?. I've just uploaded another rev with a few more parts. Use that tech tree instead and your problem should go away.

There may be blank nodes depending on which mods you are playing with. The only nodes (4) that should cost 0 are at the very beginning. Those are there for development and will go away once the tree is released.

Thanks for the feedback!

So with new versions of KSPI (Lite) and B9 released in the last few days, how much more work does that give you?

Now that's a question and a half! I am going to try to integrate them, but it will be tricky to do it well. I am guessing I will need a whole new branch of the tree just for the additional B9 mods alone.

Am I missing something with the KWright Flyer? Seems that node doesn't have any actual propulsion parts... the first Firespitter propellers are in the next node.

Why hasn't anyone else mentioned this?

I've also noticed that FAR doesn't play well with Firespitter, resulting in biplanes easily breaking the sound barrier.

I'd very much like a flight-first tech tree that doesn't rely on Firespitter.

Edited by mossman

Am I missing something with the KWright Flyer? Seems that node doesn't have any actual propulsion parts... the first Firespitter propellers are in the next node.

Why hasn't anyone else mentioned this?

That's odd, I think something must have gone wrong with your load. Can't imagine what.

I've also noticed that FAR doesn't play well with Firespitter, resulting in biplanes easily breaking the sound barrier.

I'd very much like a flight-first tech tree that doesn't rely on Firespitter.

I have had several people tell me the same thing about the "KWright Flyer". I will make it a parallel node instead of in the main aerospace tree. I've talked to the developer of Firespitter about the very same thing. He didn't like it either. He suggested some tweaking of the parts may need to be done to break at high speed but hasn't implemented it yet.

To answer Cpt. Kipard, a little bit of both much like the Interstellar integration.

I've also tried to implement AJE with no success. There is a resource conflict with the original Interstellar mod that causes KSP to crash. I will talk to Nathan about it when I get a chance.

Right now I am tweaking the nodes and spreading out the parts from different mods to blend them better into the tree as a whole. Also looking at better integrating the solid rockets to run parallel with their liquid fueled cousins as a lot of folks like the idea of starting with solids.

Edited by Probus

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im liking this allot.

Request: Add Laztek Space X packs (Launch,History, and explorer)

Also the rest of the Umbrea Space Industries mods :)

Its not working with Tech Manager the nodes are not showing up corretctly

Edited by SheepDog2142

I am planning on continuing this Tech Tree and adding as many mods as possible. Been waiting on a good tech tree editor to resurface and it looks like a couple of really good ones are coming out of development! Look for an update shortly after .90 is released.

I am planning on continuing this Tech Tree and adding as many mods as possible. Been waiting on a good tech tree editor to resurface and it looks like a couple of really good ones are coming out of development! Look for an update shortly after .90 is released.

This is a good Tree Editor and I am bug testing it rite now to help get it more stable it uses Tech Manager or ACT to load the tree. If you grab the older .2.2 you can convert a TreeLoader Tree to ACT then open it in the new .2.3

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/98942-WIN-TED-KSP-Tech-Tree-Editor-v0-2-3-ALPHA-EARLY-TESTING

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
The time has come ! If you are still around :P

I'm still around MegaUZI and working on an update. Thanks for checking in.

Hey Probus,

I know format is a huge problem with these kinds of things. Is there any manual work you need to do? If you can post an example of what format you need and what format you have, I might be able to regex it all into place in a couple minutes. Not sure if that's helpful, but let me know what I can do :)