[broken ;~;] O-10 Monoprop engine jet aesthetic - Has anyone done this yet?

HafCoJoe

I've been experimenting with the new O-10 monopropellant engine as an aesthetic piece (especially since it is massless) and this is what I've come up with. I think it's pretty cool. You?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Here's my 5 minute stream of it: Avera9eJoe - Twitch *

Later!

*Much lag. So unquikly. Very computer.

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Ooh, no I have not done that! It's certainly intriguing, but I haven't found much use for that yet, so I don't use it all that much. Nor do I use the Vernor much, but I'm sure they'll come in handy soon enough!

Ooh, no I have not done that! It's certainly intriguing, but I haven't found much use for that yet, so I don't use it all that much. Nor do I use the Vernor much, but I'm sure they'll come in handy soon enough!

I've found the Vernors useful for forcing up the nose of heavy spaceplanes just before starting the oxidising burn. There's not a lot of conventional pitch authority in the thin air of 30,000m.

I've found the Vernor good for pushing around big ships in orbit, nice to use fewer of them and not need monoprop tankage. I'd actually like a lower powered version to replace regular RCS thrusters on smaller ships.

Agree on the O-10, though. I thought it would be useful for RCS tugs but I've found that I never needed it when installed, and I've switched to nuclear/Vernor tugs for moving big things.

UPDATE: The speed update .24.2 made the O-10 much smaller and this design doesn't work anymore ;.;. Link doesn't work eh? I can't fix that from my phone but you can find it on my stream if you really want to see it :P

I actually think that the downscale might work better for my purposes. Keep in mind that with most of my smaller designs, a jet engine would be ridiculously large and unwieldy. I could, however, wrap the engines around a smaller fuel tank or even a strut, for a tiny little aesthetically pleasing design.

This may not be "broken" after all. I'm going to see what I can do with it. :cool:

UPDATE: The speed update .24.2 made the O-10 much smaller and this design doesn't work anymore ;.;. Link doesn't work eh? I can't fix that from my phone but you can find it on my stream if you really want to see it :P

My fault, sorry :P

I actually think that the downscale might work better for my purposes. Keep in mind that with most of my smaller designs, a jet engine would be ridiculously large and unwieldy. I could, however, wrap the engines around a smaller fuel tank or even a strut, for a tiny little aesthetically pleasing design.

This may not be "broken" after all. I'm going to see what I can do with it. :cool:

Indeed. You do build quite well in small scale. KSP really needs a probe sized intake/tank/jet. And a note I missed in your message, the announce time you said was good.

@gusturbo: I'd quote you but my phone is stupid :P. MURRRR I LIKED IT THE WAY IT WAS! Lol I don't mind you can do similar aesthetics with the vernier engine. it's exhaust was a bit comical anyways ;).

Oh and commander Jeb, yeah I was thinking of that for a bit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.