The Plernerts!

Felsmak

And I think I'm done!

http://i.imgur.com/ZBKcfes.jpg

Oh Yes ! That looks good! Great Work! Really well done! Imagine it with a Ring in the Sky over a Titan-equivalent... It really has the feeling i wanted for a blue Gas Giant!

If you've a .png texture file from working on it, would you send it to me via PM? As soon as Kopernicus gets ready for custom GasGiant Creation i would make it real in KSP?

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, guys! :D I'm glad to hear you've missed me, hehe.

Anyways, Huygens has now been added to the picture. It's finally finished! And I absolutely hate drawing gold foil.

http://i.imgur.com/Oc0QwIi.jpg

You've come such a long way as an artist over the last couple of years. This last one seems almost photorealistic. How long do these take you to paint?

Wow, thank you! I'm glad you remember me, as well. :D

I drew that one over the course of a few days. Saturn was completed in a single evening, and so was Titan. Huygens took me a little longer because of the metal foil. Then I also spent a few hours tweaking everything afterwards.

• 1 month later...

So, here's another slow update on Syterion! (Sorry). Here are the rings. You said you wanted them blue, so I went for a blue-ish, gray-ish, green-ish colour scheme that looked somewhat blue while still being believable. I also added a tiny hint of red in the middle for variety.

You also wished for the rings to be about half as wide as those of Saturn, but just as big. I felt that this looked a little strange, however. So I made a compromise and added a bunch of not-so-dense areas below the main belts.

You like?

(These are just low-resolution demonstrations and are not fit to be used. Don't want a bunch of old, obsolete textures floating about.)

fbLutBN.jpg?16uqcGRp.png?1

Still doesn't work that well on the model, though.

mo2x2lN.jpg

Here is the concept with appropriate ring shadows added.

sLi4OUo.jpg

Edited by Felsmak

Oh yes I like :) Especially the idea with the fading below the main belts is a great idea to make them feel more deep and believable without making them too much look like saturns, great work so far.

I'm happy and glad that your still working on Syterion :)

Could you possibly come up with a texture for a gas planet named Centra?

It basically looks like Uranus, but slightly greener and with a more active atmosphere.

I could look into that later, but not before SkyRex has his!

Anyways, the texture is now in the making. I am going for a somewhat cartoony look, compared to the concept, so that it won't look out of place in the game.

Here is a demonstration of what it could look like in the game. It's still a work in progress, so there will still be more detail at the southern hemisphere.

X4g5UHr.jpg

Thanks! :)

I also just realized that my first planet picture - the one of the inner planets in the Kerbal solar system - was in desperate need of a makeover. So here they are: the new and improved planets!

xAfoBxx.jpg

Compare these with the originals.

P0XmPJ6.jpg

Edited by Felsmak

Why isn't anyone saying how absolutely incredible this stuff is?! I mean, this puts me to shame! (and that's a good thing!) Have more rep! All the rep! :D

The fanworks forum is a bit odd like that at times. But yes, these are very awesome drawings of plernerts. Very awesome.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.