A little bit disappointed about career mode

Tokay Gris

On the other hand. Guys, did you ever talk to real life customers? Compared to some of them, Kerbal contract givers are kind of paragons of sanity and common sense.

Thats soooo true :D And Kerbals EXPECT bad things to happen and are not really disappointed if stuff goes wrong :D

But i also play only sandbox at the moment. I tested the new contracts, found they are at the moment only short time fun and went back to sandbox. Till the complete carrier is a nice part of the game with kinda guided quest/story and not liveless mission without any reason except getting money. At least i like the direction carrier is going so far.

On the other hand. Guys, did you ever talk to real life customers? Compared to some of them, Kerbal contract givers are kind of paragons of sanity and common sense.

Yeah if this was realistic, they'd ask you to test the part. Then when you did, they'd say "Oh, we meant in flight," so you do that, and they say "Actually we were expecting it to be over 10,000 meters. So you go up to 20 just to be sure and of course they come back saying "No really it can't be over 15."

And then when you finally get what they want, they deduct some of their promised cost because it took so long.

I thought the contracts was a nice taste of what is potentially to come and something the devs will build on but at present for me personally I still prefer sandbox. Career mode at present has too many similar contracts and even when you dismiss some of the really idiotic ones its immediately replaced with something equally idiotic. Now sure its good for a laugh and very Kerbal but I prefer to either follow my own plan to entertain myself or I continue to work through Pecan's Exploring guide because that gave me tons of fun ideas. Plus I like to build spaceplanes from the start and not have to mess with rockets until I unlock all the plane tech so that's another reason why I prefer sandbox.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.