[1.02] (.50)ExtraPlanetary LaunchPads Extended-Part Pack (and extras!)

Is this still functioning correctly for any Changes to karbonite and mks recently? Or does it have to get an update first? I'm interested in trying EPL, but I only use karbonite no kethane.

It seems to work but not fully tested. Might contain bugs. Might not. Hasn't made my game go kablooie. Everything seems proper in the VAB info.

Ok thanks. That works for me, I'll give it a try then.

is there support for the micro drill from karbonite+? I'm looking in the config file but i could have missed it.

edit: Tried it, and after some fiddling to get the ore extraction working, can confirm the micro drill works.

Edited by mkire

Hopping into the thread, have not seen our OP in a while.

Ping me - looking at integrating an official adoption into MKS, plus surprises (talking with Taniwha on how to do this in a neighborly way). Let's chat.

Direct support sounds good. For me MKS and EPL go very well together. A launchpad is a must have when installing a MKS Base or vice versa. Who knows.:)

Rover where do you lent so much time to do so wunderful mods?

Does this work for .25? thanks

There is no reason it shouldn't. Grab my config from a few pages back though.

Using this mod, can EPL do both Karbonite and Kethane? Or must I choose?

You can still use both. Grab my config from a few pages back though.

~edit, re-posting this config to make it easier to find: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yio49rq116fn25/EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg?dl=0

Just drop it in the EPL folder.

Hopping into the thread, have not seen our OP in a while.

Ping me - looking at integrating an official adoption into MKS, plus surprises (talking with Taniwha on how to do this in a neighborly way). Let's chat.

Direct support would be amazing!

Every install is different and this is a transitional catchup phase for mods in an alpha game. Make a backup and just go for it. Dive in.

but compare this catchup phase for modders with the situation in minecraft. feed the beast (one of the modpack-creators) is now catching up with 1.7.10 and did not bother with earlier 1.7-versions (and 1.7 was released in october 2013).

compared to that, playing modded ksp is wonderful. within 2 weeks, nearly everyone has caught up.

Your addon doesnt seem to be working in the slightest. ive got the latest versions of ELP, karbonite, and your config, but there isnt a single button to be found on any of the parts that relate to these. karbonite itself works great though... ive been a kethane user for a long time, but since i found karbonite i removed it entirely and switched over. at that point i also started my first use of EPL

Your addon doesnt seem to be working in the slightest. ive got the latest versions of ELP, karbonite, and your config, but there isnt a single button to be found on any of the parts that relate to these. karbonite itself works great though... ive been a kethane user for a long time, but since i found karbonite i removed it entirely and switched over. at that point i also started my first use of EPL

Do you have Module Manager?

You just need the DLL in your GameData folder. All the patching is then done automatically by the .cfg files.

I meant, if I will get plugin, how to run it ? I have plugin in gamedata folder, but ore scanners form EPL are not working. I have read that I should use some sort of command promt or such. That cfg file is not installed automatically. I am sure.

Ah, ok. So if you don't want the extra parts and just want Karbonite compatibility then you simply need to download this file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6yio49rq116fn25/EPL-Karbonite-Conversion.cfg?dl=0

And put it in the Extraplanetary Launchpad folder. In order for it to work you need module manager, Extraplanetary Launchpads and Karbonite.

but compare this catchup phase for modders with the situation in minecraft. feed the beast (one of the modpack-creators) is now catching up with 1.7.10 and did not bother with earlier 1.7-versions (and 1.7 was released in october 2013).

compared to that, playing modded ksp is wonderful. within 2 weeks, nearly everyone has caught up.

On the other hand squad is much nicer to its modding community than mojang. Most times simply recompiling DLL's off the new version gets mods mostly functional agian when KSP updates. Sometimes more work is involved but its light. Minecraft on the other hand has on several patches required an almost total rewrite of the API's most moders use after mojang broke virtually everything. both the 1.5>1.6 and 1.6>1.7 updates took several months to fix the forge API as I recall and moders were stuck till that updated.

Hmm, I must be doing something wrong with this mod, because I can't get ore hotspots to show up with the scanners.

I sent a craft to Minmus with the Karbonite detector. It had both "show karbonite hotspot" and "show ore hotspot" options. I would see plenty of dots with the karbonite hotspot option, but nothing with the ore one. So, just in case Minmus didn't have ore, I cheated and sent an infinite fuel probe to Duna. Nothing there either.

So, I wondered if maybe ore was supplied by MKS, which I didn't have installed. Installed that. Now the "show ore hotspots" option has disappeared from my karbonite detector. I happened to include an EL magnometer on my Duna probe, and it still has the "show ore hotspots" option, but it's still showing nothing when I enable it.

Any thoughts as to what's up? I've got Karbonite 0.4.2, EPL 4.3.1, the latest version of this EPL conversion, and (now) MKS 0.21.2.

Edit: Oh, never mind, ore extraction seems to work anyway. I guess there just aren't any hotspots? Or are they just not visible? I can't seem to get them to show up via the SCANsat resource overlay either. But then, Karbonite doesn't show up on SCANsat either, so … *shrug*

Edit 2: Okay, ore extraction only seems to work with the MKS pulse drill. The stock Auger and Baha's drill both offer zero options when I right click them, and the Karbonite drill only offers to drill karbonite. I guess I can either install all of MKS, or maybe just pick out only the drill and use that.

Edit 3: Aha, needed to change those ORS* modules to ORSX_*, as per Nori's config file above. Seems to work fine now, aside from the missing ore hotspots.

Edit: Never mind, using Nori's config file from above made everything work right.

Edited by Wisq

added the missing smelter module to OKS Rocket Workshop

If you wanted to add this to an update. All I did was copy the smelter module from the the MKS Rocket Workshop and place it in the OKS.

MODULE
{
name = USI_Converter
converterName = Smelt Ore
conversionRate = 1
inputResources = ElectricCharge, 3.75, Ore, 0.05
outputResources = Metal,0.045,False
}

Apparently I can't add an attachment to the post, so here was the missing bit of code, if anyone wants to fix their OKS