[1.1] RLA Stockalike 13.4 [25 Apr]

hoojiwana

Has there been consideration for Community Tech Tree support?

I've been using the various test builds with CTT without real issues. There was a hicup a couple builds ago with the largest monoprop tank but that has been resolved. CTT should work with most any mod as it doesn't remove the stock tech nodes.

I've been using the various test builds with CTT without real issues. There was a hicup a couple builds ago with the largest monoprop tank but that has been resolved. CTT should work with most any mod as it doesn't remove the stock tech nodes.

I suppose I should have said "integration" instead of "support"? I know it will be fine with CTT installed I was asking whether Hoojiwana would be using any CTT nodes for his parts

Congrats on another test, I know it's not a quite a release but these take almost as much work anyway. Good point about the large MP parts, I'd forgotten about those even though I'm making some! Would there be any advantage to using MP for power over LfO in a ground installation?

Thanks!

Just like the small one, a large MP fuel cell would draw the exact same amount of mass over time as it's LFO equivalent, and would generate the same amount of EC. There would in fact be a minor disadvantage if you were using launched fuel in career since monopropellant is more expensive than LFO, but the difference wouldn't be bankrupting.

I suppose I should have said "integration" instead of "support"? I know it will be fine with CTT installed I was asking whether Hoojiwana would be using any CTT nodes for his parts

The parts fit well enough in the stock ones, there's nothing that would fit into any of the CTT ones since CTT is intended to extend the stock tree. Everything in RLA Stockalike was always intended to slot into the stock tree. I've been thinking about doing one or two things specifically for CTT, but that would be entirely separate from this.

Had a look over the tech tree, the placement of parts feels really strong now. There's just two things that I noticed:

The BZ-13 Radial Attachment Point is smaller than the stock one, but costs more funds piece by piece.

The TR-1V decoupler has an unlock cost a bit on the high side, since it's cloned directly off of a part much higher in the tech tree.

Not sure if these things are intended or not; I reckon they probably wouldn't cause a problem in gameplay.

The linear aerospike feels much better at its new price, and the SMAC now looks attractive.

The BZ-13 Radial Attachment Point is smaller than the stock one, but costs more funds piece by piece.

The TR-1V decoupler has an unlock cost a bit on the high side, since it's cloned directly off of a part much higher in the tech tree.

Those are both intentional, and if theres no more issues I reckon its time for a proper release. Thanks again Streetwind for everything!

Can't even fit your engines to your LS tanks.

Nodes are all knackered.

Sounds like you're using the old 12.1 version, but thanks for mentioning it anyway.

Those are both intentional, and if theres no more issues I reckon its time for a proper release. Thanks again Streetwind for everything!

Couldn't agree more! :sticktongue: Though my analysis will never be as thorough as Streetwind's, nothing has stood out to me either anymore, during my casual playtesting.

While investigating Near Future propellant tanks, I also input stock and RLA xenon tanks for reference.

This generated the following recommendation:

- PB-X450: increase unlock cost by 3000. Increase part cost by 2000.

Reasoning: it has a better fuel mass fraction than the stock tanks, and minimizes part count, so it is flat out better at all times. Thus it should cost a bit more to unlock, not less, and have a slightly worse cost ratio, not six times better. :P

Hey hoojiwana,

I've been working on updating MonkeyWrench (an addon which added KAS configs to a bunch of parts), and I've noticed that a bunch of your parts use MODEL{} nodes and rescaleFactor != 1. There seems to be a stock bug that causes KSP to not report the correct dimensions, which causes KIS to calculate the wrong volume. To resolve this, you can keep rescaleFactor = 1 and set "scale = x, x, x" inside the MODEL{} node to match the old rescaleFactor (and also apply the rescaleFactor to any node positions), or include a patch like this one to override KIS's volume calculations:

@PART[RLA_rcs_micro]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 1.82
editorItemsCategory = false
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs_micro45]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 1.82
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs_linear]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 8.68
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs_micro_linear]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 1.52
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs_2way]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 17.39
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs_5way]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 42.98
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs45]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 19.42
}
}
@PART[RLA_rcs45_2way]:NEEDS[KIS] {
MODULE
{
name = ModuleKISItem
volumeOverride = 21.65
}
}

Thanks!

Sorry for taking so long with the final release, I've gotten a bit carried away with planning and research for what to do next. Today or tomorrow will be it though!

Couldn't agree more! :sticktongue: Though my analysis will never be as thorough as Streetwind's, nothing has stood out to me either anymore, during my casual playtesting.

Still very helpful!

You're right. Daft as a brush eh?

You reported the problem though, which is what's important.

This generated the following recommendation:

- PB-X450: increase unlock cost by 3000. Increase part cost by 2000.

Cheers.

EDIT: Also noticed the Sunrise didn't have the 5800 vISP its supposed to have, fixed that too.

To resolve this, you can keep rescaleFactor = 1 and set "scale = x, x, x" inside the MODEL{} node to match the old rescaleFactor (and also apply the rescaleFactor to any node positions).

Thanks!

Done! On another note, what's the best way to distribute that MM config for Filter Extensions you posted a way back? I've not packed an MM config with anything before and wondered what was best practice.

Edited by hoojiwana

Done! On another note, what's the best way to distribute that MM config for Filter Extensions you posted a way back? I've not packed an MM config with anything before and wondered what was best practice.

Include that text in a .cfg file (I call mine "RLA_size00_filterext.cfg") and, as long as it ends up in GameData, it will work. Some addon makers put patches in a dedicated "Patches" or "MM" folder inside their addon's directory, especially as they include more patches.

pNLL41W.jpg

Full release! Check out the new OP for the links and changelog and other pictures and cool stuff. There's a handy link in my signature for the lazy. :P

Include that text in a .cfg file (I call mine "RLA_size00_filterext.cfg") and, as long as it ends up in GameData, it will work. Some addon makers put patches in a dedicated "Patches" or "MM" folder inside their addon's directory, especially as they include more patches.

Cool, hopefully I've done it right.

I presume this does not work in conjunction with Venn's revamp?

I don't see why not; Ven's seems to work with near everything (there was an issue with the fairings and FAR and some other incompatibility (DRE?) last time I checked though), so the only problem would be that the RLA parts intended to look like stock parts won't look like Ven's versions.

Thanks everyone! I've already seen a few neat screenshots of things people have made, I'm looking forward to what else you crazy people come up with. :D

I presume this does not work in conjunction with Venn's revamp?

It should work totally fine, RLA Stockalike is entirely separate from the stock KSP assets. The only incompatibility would be between the art styles.

Will this work with Remote tech in the future? Currently all parts act like a kerbal, don't know if this is something you have to put in place or the person who made Remote tech has to do.

RemoteTech requires a MM patch applied to the probe cores. Let me quickly make you one...

@PART[RLA_small_probe_QBE_gold,RLA_small_probe_24sides,RLA_small_probe_24sides_gold,RLA_small_probe_8sides_gold,RLA_small_probe_6sides_gold,RLA_small_probe_4sides,RLA_small_probe_4sides_gold]:AFTER[RLA_Stockalike]:NEEDS[RemoteTech]
{
%MODULE[ModuleSPU] {}

%MODULE[ModuleRTAntennaPassive] {
%TechRequired = unmannedTech
%OmniRange = 3000

%TRANSMITTER {
%PacketInterval = 0.3
%PacketSize = 2
%PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Geez hoojiwana, your part names are longer than longcat :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.