Cargo bays for KSP v0.24.2

DavidHunter

I did a Googlin' and couldn't find anything that is compatible with v0.24.2 of KSP... I even searched these forums, and the Curse page. Came up empty...

Anyone aware of a mod with cargo bays, e.g. for use on a space shuttle orbiter? Preferably with an internal docking node (or at least some way of attaching a dock inside it) so one can use the cargo bay for deploying satellites/spacejunk/detritus?

At the moment, I've resorted to using the cargo bay from the CactEye orbital telescope mod, but the bay itself is too small for carrying any decent-sized payload.

Thanks in advance. :)

I did a Googlin' and couldn't find anything that is compatible with v0.24.2 of KSP... I even searched these forums, and the Curse page. Came up empty...

Anyone aware of a mod with cargo bays, e.g. for use on a space shuttle orbiter? Preferably with an internal docking node (or at least some way of attaching a dock inside it) so one can use the cargo bay for deploying satellites/spacejunk/detritus?

At the moment, I've resorted to using the cargo bay from the CactEye orbital telescope mod, but the bay itself is too small for carrying any decent-sized payload.

There are medium-small diameter (unlimited length) cargo bays in Spaceplane Plus: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80796-0-24-Spaceplane-Plus-1-3

Apart from that, you're mostly down to waiting for the B9 update, fighting with the current version of B9, using Procedural Fairings (works okay, but you can't "close the door" afterwards) or hacking something together yourself from structural panels. If you get onto the design threads, you'll find assorted people doing creative things with landing-leg driven hydraulic doors.

You can also get some decent functionality from open-air cargo bays:

screenshot305_zpsda5f6b86.png

There are medium-small diameter (unlimited length) cargo bays in Spaceplane Plus: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80796-0-24-Spaceplane-Plus-1-3

Apart from that, you're mostly down to waiting for the B9 update, fighting with the current version of B9, using Procedural Fairings (works okay, but you can't "close the door" afterwards) or hacking something together yourself from structural panels. If you get onto the design threads, you'll find assorted people doing creative things with landing-leg driven hydraulic doors.

That Spaceplane Plus mod looks good. Interesting it didn't appear when using the forum search bar... ;)

Thanks!

Klockheed Martian Special parts has some nice cargo bays

That's precisely what I'm after! I used them back ages ago when they were part of Space Junk whatever-it-was-called. Then that Wolf Aerospace, which was then absorbed into Klockheed Martian, I understand. But I couldn't find KM. You, sir, are good. Thank you!

Thanks to you both. :)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/77505-Cargo-Transportation-Solutions-%28WIP%29

Works with no problem on .24.2 except for big prices (you can change these by editing .cfg in notepad). Is recognised correctly as shielding bu FAR/NEAR, works with TweakScale (needed .cfg included in stock TweakScale package) while also having two different size parts if you don't want it. Includes adapters, Procedural fairing adapter if you use PF and many more structural stuff you need to make nice looking and functional cargo bays (like open structural frame and many many more). There's also one command pod included, simply delete .cfg if you don't want it.

You need firespitter plugin (GameData/Firespitter/Plugins/Firespitter.dll) from http://snjo.github.io/ (download plugin)

Edited by dzikakulka

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.